Draft Watcher PMBangers 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, it isn't Sumich's job to do the work of an agent, he's a coach and should tell it how it is, after all it's more his creditability on the line if he vouches for a kid he doesn't have faith in, and certainly if I was a recruiter and he did I'd be a lot more hesitant to go through him for honest observation on players. I imagine this wouldn't have been the first time Sumich has said this, and it wouldn't be the first time Zane had heard it

It says more about Sumich's lack of polish in the media and in communicating more generally. This has been seen by some as a major reason why he has never been considered for a head coaching gig in the AFL.

Calling someone a sook is just a lazy and clumsy way to describe a player.

It says more about Sumich's lack of polish in the media and in communicating more generally. This has been seen by some as a major reason why he has never been considered for a head coaching gig in the AFL.

Calling someone a sook is just a lazy and clumsy way to describe a player.
Certainly more eloquent ways to express it, but I still don't think it's his job to be spinning his criticisms

2020 drafts are in the bag.

Thanks for another year PMBangers.

See you in your 2021 thread. (When that happens.)
I'll probably be late on the 2021 thread, want to get a few practise games in at least before putting anything up

Appears Zavier Maher is training with Carlton over pre-season along with Oscar McDonald and Callum Moore

Appears Zavier Maher is training with Carlton over pre-season along with Oscar McDonald and Callum Moore
Who else do you think was most unlucky to slip through the draft (and rookie draft)?

Who else do you think was most unlucky to slip through the draft (and rookie draft)?
I thought Dumesny had enough going for him for a spot, I just compared him to a slightly less athletic but more versatile Finlay Macrae, with senior SANFL experience on his side it's disappointing to see him slip.
Callow I'd have taken a punt on in the rookie, but understand fully why he wasn't picked up with how KPP's are trending
Last one is Lake, does have his endurance and consistency concerns but was a real top line athletic prospect that generally does get a go late/ rookie

I thought Dumesny had enough going for him for a spot, I just compared him to a slightly less athletic but more versatile Finlay Macrae, with senior SANFL experience on his side it's disappointing to see him slip.
Callow I'd have taken a punt on in the rookie, but understand fully why he wasn't picked up with how KPP's are trending
Last one is Lake, does have his endurance and consistency concerns but was a real top line athletic prospect that generally does get a go late/ rookie
Cheers. Callow is a man-child, 10 years ago you'd expect clubs to be all over him.
Lake might get his shot anyway, a lot of people watching him and will get a full season with the Suns 2nd tier team. Just needs a big pre-season and get his running capacity up. Looks a classic skinny late developer

Im hoping we're looking at a speccie KPD or small forward as either an SSP pick or in the mid-season draft.

Im hoping we're looking at a speccie KPD or small forward as either an SSP pick or in the mid-season draft.
KPD and Small forward are roles I thought you guys would look to fill in the ND or Rookie draft as well.

Plenty of Small Forward options that I saw as worth a shot that didn't get picked up, a guy like Josh Gore (Who's signed with West Adelaide for 2021) would be well worth a look at as a train on player, Pescud is another Suns Academy boy that would probably prove himself as worth a spot

KPD is a bit slimmer, the only one I'd be confident with that was of age for 2020 Draft would be Jack Johnston from the Suns academy, but looking back at the 2019 draft kids, a Dyson Hilder would be one I'd invite to train on, hell even your NGA boy Raak wouldn't be terrible, although not exactly KPD height

Seen much of him? I'll be honest and say I've literally never heard of him
I'd be surprised if anyone has seen any of him, from memory hadn't played any NAB League games and every photo I remember seeing was from his local clubs facebook, not even an Eastern Ranges headshot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've been cycling through some 2019 NAB League footage recently trying to get a better read of some of the Vic Prospects for 2021 and ones to watch for. I know they're two leading prospects but I had forgotten how good Ben Hobbs and Tyler Sonsie were for 16 year olds playing in the NAB League, Hobbs especially is just so courageous in his hunt for the ball despite being significantly lighter than the others he was up against, and surprisingly clean for a player I see leaning more towards a contested play style, and Sonsie is just ridiculously clean for a kid that only played a handful of games at that level, looked to be Easterns best ball user in a strong team

I'm not usually a fan of big calls, all a bit clickbaity to me, but after seeing them again I reckon Hobbs and Sonsie can shake Horne as the top prospect if they get a full season + champs next year

I'll reiterate, Ben Hobbs is very good especially for a 16 year old, I'm waiting to see some practise games of NAB League before I do a 2021 rankings/ thread, but if I had to do one now he'd probably be second behind Horne. Matthew Johnson and Josh Rachele are the two I've been trying to watch more of in the last day or so, think both are around the top 10 without being dead set certainties in it, I could see why some would have either in the 15-20 region as well

Most would've seen, it looks like Essendon have had their F/S eligible players at the club this week, not sure if they were in training or if it was just a photoshoot but I'm surprised we haven't seen anything of Nick Daicos at Collingwood if they're allowed around the club

I'll reiterate, Ben Hobbs is very good especially for a 16 year old, I'm waiting to see some practise games of NAB League before I do a 2021 rankings/ thread, but if I had to do one now he'd probably be second behind Horne. Matthew Johnson and Josh Rachele are the two I've been trying to watch more of in the last day or so, think both are around the top 10 without being dead set certainties in it, I could see why some would have either in the 15-20 region as well

Most would've seen, it looks like Essendon have had their F/S eligible players at the club this week, not sure if they were in training or if it was just a photoshoot but I'm surprised we haven't seen anything of Nick Daicos at Collingwood if they're allowed around the club

Pies first session was yesterday (friday) so maybe next week?

I did see Jack Briskey training at the pies though. He looks alright.

But are afl academy draftees training with afl clubs this pre-season like previous years, or no?

Pies first session was yesterday (friday) so maybe next week?

I did see Jack Briskey training at the pies though. He looks alright.

But are afl academy draftees training with afl clubs this pre-season like previous years, or no?
Hasn't been anything publicised to suggest that they are, which is unfortunate but understandable given the COVID restrictions. I'm assuming they'll do some more training as an AFL Academy squad to make up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back