Draft Watcher PMBangers 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a disgrace if you even ask. You would have been down the bottom for one year. Do your time down the bottom and work your way back up like everyone else is supposed to do. If, after another 4 years, you're still sh*t, then you can think about asking for a bit of help

I completely disagree. It is in every clubs best interest to make noise about it the moment they are in trouble. It's up to the AFL to reject such a claim and to say "do your time". If they don't, you've capitalised on an opportunity.

After all, the league is not fair, and will never be fair. If you can get extra assistance legally, you take it. After all, that extra assistance may just be the difference between being remembered as a premier, or another forgotten also ran/never ran.

I completely disagree. It is in every clubs best interest to make noise about it the moment they are in trouble. It's up to the AFL to reject such a claim and to say "do your time". If they don't, you've capitalised on an opportunity.

After all, the league is not fair, and will never be fair. If you can get extra assistance legally, you take it. After all, that extra assistance may just be the difference between being remembered as a premier, or another forgotten also ran/never ran.
It's not an opportunity you are capitalising on because there is no chance you are getting assistance. If you're comfortable embarrassing the club and taking even more negative publicity then you can ask for a priority pick but you are so far away from deserving or needing one that it would be a really dumb move IMO.

It's not an opportunity you are capitalising on because there is no chance you are getting assistance. If you're comfortable embarrassing the club and taking even more negative publicity then you can ask for a priority pick but you are so far away from deserving or needing one that it would be a really dumb move IMO.
There's absolutely zero chance Adelaide will ask for a compensation pick. They would know that any request would be rejected.

Post-Round 10 first round phantom
2020 round 10 first round phantom.png
Post Round 10, thinking I've got a better understanding of each teams list now so much more confident of these selections. I'll probably go more in depth with what I think clubs should be focusing on later this week.

A few notes: This top 4 is obviously very tall, I doubt that we seethe first 3 open picks being talls around the actual draft, but on needs I'm happy with these selections
Freo move down a pick due to the defecit
Callow came into consideration a lot for Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane, has done some good things in the TSL but I'm starting to think he's due to slide because he's not super flashy or athletic, would still be 'safer' than Baldwin though
Metro guys slide naturally, honestly that top 8 could be in any order imo, that's the spot to be this draft

Other guys I considered at various points: Bailey Laurie, Sam Berry, Tom Powell, Jack Carroll and (bolter in my eyes, loved his TSL form) Pat Walker

Breakdown of what I think club needs are currently, note bolded names with * are ones I think are unlikely to get picked up

Adelaide | Tariek Newchurch (Small Forward, NGA) Luke Edwards (General Defender/ Midifielder, F/S)
Needs: Key Forward, Dynamic Midfielder
Could look at Thilthorpe or McDonald at pick 1 to get a KPF in, possibly Elijah Hollands as well if they see him ending up a fulltime mid. With their second first (tied to GWS) guys like Caleb Poulter, Finlay Macrae, maybe Tanner Bruhn could be available to add something different to their midfield, need to target class so Bruhn would be the perfect fit.

Brisbane | Saxon Crozier (Winger, Academy) Blake Coleman (Small Forward, Academy) Carter Michael(Midfielder, Academy) Taj Abberly (Utility/ Winger, Academy)
Needs: Key Forward, Ruck
Would benefit from a Baldwin slide, Callow may also come into calculations for one of their first round picks. Potential bolter Max Heath might be around the mark for their picks as well, but wouldn't offer the immediate backup in the ruck they need. Consensus seems to be they'll take Coleman and probably leave their other Academy picks to other teams

Carlton | Charlie McKay (Midfielder, F/S)*
Needs: Small forward, best available
Expect them to target Papley again and probably not be in the first round. If they are a bid on Campbell makes sense since they'll likely have a top 10 pick, then best available.A good target to trade back for would be Bailey Laurie, or Corey Durdin for a less athletic option likely available later in the draft. Unsure of if McKay gets picked up, had looked good earlier in the year at Sandy training n such

Collingwood | Reef McInnes (Midfielder/ General Utility, NGA)
Needs: KPP (either end), classy midfielder
Hard to see where they end up currently, likely a pick from 12-16. Zach Reid will likely be in that range, Nik Cox may slip past top 10, both would be good options with versatility, but both likely to end up defenders. If neither are available or a top tier mid slides that would be a good option, like Adelaide if Bruhn is available would be a good pickup

Essendon | Cody Brand (Key Defender, NGA) Josh Eyre (Key Forward, NGA)
Needs: KPD, classy mid
Cop out following the pies needs but think they're in similar positions. Key Defenders around their expected range would big Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid, and again Bruhn would be a good option. Wouldn't hurt to look for a big bodied mid as well, so an O'Driscoll or McInnes bid wouldn't be a bad option if either are available

Fremantle | Joel Western (Small Utility, NGA) Brandon Walker (General Defender/ Winger, NGA) Chris Walker (Midfielder, NGA)*
Needs: Big bodied mid, KPP
Most say Freo need KPP depth, I'm pretty happy with where they're at, think injuries to their KPP stocks are the main concern and should be looked at rather than bringing in more kids. With Mundy getting on and Fyfe also getting older I think a big-bodied stoppage player in a type they need to target, so again an O'Driscoll or McInnes bid would be appropiate, although they'll probably have a pick a smidge too early to warrant a McInnes bid. If not a midfielder Grainger-Barrass would be the KPP I'd target for them.

Geelong
Needs: Classy midfielders, outside speed
Geelong are well positioned with 3 picks in the first round, one locked in at Pick 11 and two likely to be 15-19, so they'll get a few cracks at it. I think best available is a good start for Geelong, but some class and speed in the midfield, especially in their younger group, should be addressed. Bruhn is one that could be available at 11, although I doubt it. Guys like Perkins that are explosive especially around stoppages could be looked at. I think a bid for Brandon Walker is a good option for one of their later picks, but it's hard to nail the exact types that should look at

Gold Coast | Alex Davies (Midfielder, Academy) Joel Jeffrey (General Utility, NT Zone) Brodie Lake (General Defender, NT Zone) Aiden Fyfe (Winger, Academy)*Jack Johnston (Key Defender, Academy)*Max Pescud (General Forward/ Midfielder, Academy)*
Needs: Ruck, Best available
Plenty of talent they'll be able to sign straight up to their list in the academy with Davies and Jeffrey being the most likely imo. With their young guys there's not much they dont have covered. I'm not high on their ruck stocks, so with one of their second rounders a Max Heath or Kalin Lane could be looked at

GWS | Joshua Green (General Utility, Academy) Jack Driscoll (Key Defender/ Ruck, Academy)*
Needs: KPD, General Defender
The unfortunate thing about GWS is we don't have a first round pick, so we miss out on those top line KPP options. Where our second rounder ends up some good options for either of these are guys like Cameron Fleeton, Clayton Gay, Nick Stevens, Jye Sinderberry and guys like that. Fleeton and Sinderberry in particular interest me as they can play tall or small well.

Hawthorn | Connor Downie (General Defender/ Winger, NGA)
Needs: Speed and class in midfield, KPF
Likely to have a top 5 pick, Hawks get a good chance to land one of the top KPF's in Thilthorpe and McDonald, as well as class through the midfield with Trew, Hollands and Phillips likely available. Then with their early second rounder guys like Zavier Maher, Jack Carroll, Jake Bowey with some speed and class should be looked at, and if he hasn't been bid on Brandon Walker bid is a must, Jackson Callow should also be considered

Melbourne | Deakyn Smith (Small Utility, NGA)
Needs: KPF, Classy midfielder
Won't have a first round pick at this stage, with Norths second rounder they should have a very early second rounder, so those brink first round players that fill their needs will be good to look at, should really just be looking at the same sorts I suggested for Hawthorn.

North Melbourne
Needs: KPD, midfielders
Just need mids in general and a KPD. Grainger-Barrass should be their top target for the draft, then any of the top tier midfielders for their second first rounder would fit, with O'Driscoll probably being the dream as a POD type compared to their other midfielders.Their second rounder could be used on another KPD if available, but that may be betterused on a midfielder like the ones Melbourne and Hawthorn should look at

Port Adelaide | Lachlan Jones (General Defender, NGA) Taj Schofield (Midfielder, F/S)
Needs: Best available
Truly a very good list that doesn't need to target anything in particular and probably won't get an open draft pick until very late, with Jones likely to get a top 20 bid and Schofield somewhere in the second round.

Richmond | Ethan Baxter (Key Defender, NGA)*
Needs: KPF, Class capable of playing wing
Another team with not much needed, even the KPF need is a bit 50/50. I think they should be looking at best available in general, their first rounder is in a good position to pick up some potentially sliding victorian kids like Macrae who could play on the wing immediately for them

St Kilda
Needs: Outside Class
Have a solid young list that covers a lot, some outside class is a good area to target for them. A Dumesny should be in that range, along with Macrae who can play that role. If neither are available or they end up with a higher pick, a best available approach should be taken, guys like Perkins and Poulter would be good fits for that

Sydney | Braeden Campbell (Midfielder/ General Forward, Academy) Errol Gulden ( Midfielder/ Small Forward, Academy) Marco Rossman (General Forward, Academy)*
Needs: KPP
I think the academy picks available and their young guys cover their midfield needs. With their first pick they should be targetting a KPP, one of those top 3 McDonald, Thilthorpe or DGB types. If MCdonald or Thilthorpe are selected I think Reid/ McCartin can swing to KPD roles to address the deficiency there

West Coast Eagles
Again, a pretty complete list with good youth. Will have a late second rounder as their first at this stage, so best available should be the approach, especially with the chance of vic kids sliding there could be some bargains there

Western Bulldogs | Jamrra Ugle-Hagan (Key Forward, NGA) Cody Raak (Key Defender, NGA) Ewan McPherson (Small Defender, F/S)*
Needs: KPF
Probably won't get an open pick this draft like Port Adelaide, they're lucky enough the kids in their NGA address needs and McPherson should come cheap as a decent prospect, although unsure if he gets drafted

Breakdown of what I think club needs are currently, note bolded names with * are ones I think are unlikely to get picked up
Brisbane | Saxon Crozier (Winger, Academy) Blake Coleman (Small Forward, Academy) Carter Michael(Midfielder, Academy) Taj Abberly (Utility/ Winger, Academy)
Would benefit from a Baldwin slide, Callow may also come into calculations for one of their first round picks. Potential bolter Max Heath might be around the mark for their picks as well, but wouldn't offer the immediate backup in the ruck they need. Consensus seems to be they'll take Coleman and probably leave their other Academy picks to other teams
I wouldn’t be surprised if we traded in a ruck, young or older, and drafted in one as well.

Big O is our only long term keeper, with both Martin and Smith both gone by end of next year.

And none of our current tall kids are future ruck options.

I’d also add outside run/speed for our midfield as a need.

Adelaide | Tariek Newchurch (Small Forward, NGA) Luke Edwards (General Defender/ Midifielder, F/S)
Could look at Thilthorpe or McDonald at pick 1 to get a KPF in, possibly Elijah Hollands as well if they see him ending up a fulltime mid. With their second first (tied to GWS) guys like Caleb Poulter, Finlay Macrae, maybe Tanner Bruhn could be available to add something different to their midfield, need to target class so Bruhn would be the perfect fit.

Expect them to target Papley again and probably not be in the first round. If they are a bid on Campbell makes sense since they'll likely have a top 10 pick, then best available.A good target to trade back for would be Bailey Laurie, or Corey Durdin for a less athletic option likely available later in the draft. Unsure of if McKay gets picked up, had looked good earlier in the year at Sandy training n such

Hard to see where they end up currently, likely a pick from 12-16. Zach Reid will likely be in that range, Nik Cox may slip past top 10, both would be good options with versatility, but both likely to end up defenders. If neither are available or a top tier mid slides that would be a good option, like Adelaide if Bruhn is available would be a good pickup

Cop out following the pies needs but think they're in similar positions. Key Defenders around their expected range would big Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid, and again Bruhn would be a good option. Wouldn't hurt to look for a big bodied mid as well, so an O'Driscoll or McInnes bid wouldn't be a bad option if either are available

Fremantle | Joel Western (Small Utility, NGA) Brandon Walker (General Defender/ Winger, NGA) Chris Walker (Midfielder, NGA)*
Most say Freo need KPP depth, I'm pretty happy with where they're at, think injuries to their KPP stocks are the main concern and should be looked at rather than bringing in more kids. With Mundy getting on and Fyfe also getting older I think a big-bodied stoppage player in a type they need to target, so again an O'Driscoll or McInnes bid would be appropiate, although they'll probably have a pick a smidge too early to warrant a McInnes bid. If not a midfielder Grainger-Barrass would be the KPP I'd target for them.

Geelong
Geelong are well positioned with 3 picks in the first round, one locked in at Pick 11 and two likely to be 15-19, so they'll get a few cracks at it. I think best available is a good start for Geelong, but some class and speed in the midfield, especially in their younger group, should be addressed. Bruhn is one that could be available at 11, although I doubt it. Guys like Perkins that are explosive especially around stoppages could be looked at. I think a bid for Brandon Walker is a good option for one of their later picks, but it's hard to nail the exact types that should look at

Gold Coast | Alex Davies (Midfielder, Academy) Joel Jeffrey (General Utility, NT Zone) Brodie Lake (General Defender, NT Zone) Aiden Fyfe (Winger, Academy)*Jack Johnston (Key Defender, Academy)*Max Pescud (General Forward/ Midfielder, Academy)*
Plenty of talent they'll be able to sign straight up to their list in the academy with Davies and Jeffrey being the most likely imo. With their young guys there's not much they dont have covered. I'm not high on their ruck stocks, so with one of their second rounders a Max Heath or Kalin Lane could be looked at

GWS | Joshua Green (General Utility, Academy) Jack Driscoll (Key Defender/ Ruck, Academy)*
The unfortunate thing about GWS is we don't have a first round pick, so we miss out on those top line KPP options. Where our second rounder ends up some good options for either of these are guys like Cameron Fleeton, Clayton Gay, Nick Stevens, Jye Sinderberry and guys like that. Fleeton and Sinderberry in particular interest me as they can play tall or small well.

Likely to have a top 5 pick, Hawks get a good chance to land one of the top KPF's in Thilthorpe and McDonald, as well as class through the midfield with Trew, Hollands and Phillips likely available. Then with their early second rounder guys like Zavier Maher, Jack Carroll, Jake Bowey with some speed and class should be looked at, and if he hasn't been bid on Brandon Walker bid is a must, Jackson Callow should also be considered

Won't have a first round pick at this stage, with Norths second rounder they should have a very early second rounder, so those brink first round players that fill their needs will be good to look at, should really just be looking at the same sorts I suggested for Hawthorn.

North Melbourne
Just need mids in general and a KPD. Grainger-Barrass should be their top target for the draft, then any of the top tier midfielders for their second first rounder would fit, with O'Driscoll probably being the dream as a POD type compared to their other midfielders.Their second rounder could be used on another KPD if available, but that may be betterused on a midfielder like the ones Melbourne and Hawthorn should look at

Port Adelaide | Lachlan Jones (General Defender, NGA) Taj Schofield (Midfielder, F/S)
Truly a very good list that doesn't need to target anything in particular and probably won't get an open draft pick until very late, with Jones likely to get a top 20 bid and Schofield somewhere in the second round.

Another team with not much needed, even the KPF need is a bit 50/50. I think they should be looking at best available in general, their first rounder is in a good position to pick up some potentially sliding victorian kids like Macrae who could play on the wing immediately for them

St Kilda
Have a solid young list that covers a lot, some outside class is a good area to target for them. A Dumesny should be in that range, along with Macrae who can play that role. If neither are available or they end up with a higher pick, a best available approach should be taken, guys like Perkins and Poulter would be good fits for that

Sydney | Braeden Campbell (Midfielder/ General Forward, Academy) Errol Gulden ( Midfielder/ Small Forward, Academy) Marco Rossman (General Forward, Academy)*
I think the academy picks available and their young guys cover their midfield needs. With their first pick they should be targetting a KPP, one of those top 3 McDonald, Thilthorpe or DGB types. If MCdonald or Thilthorpe are selected I think Reid/ McCartin can swing to KPD roles to address the deficiency there

West Coast Eagles
Again, a pretty complete list with good youth. Will have a late second rounder as their first at this stage, so best available should be the approach, especially with the chance of vic kids sliding there could be some bargains there

Western Bulldogs | Jamrra Ugle-Hagan (Key Forward, NGA) Cody Raak (Key Defender, NGA) Ewan McPherson (Small Defender, F/S)*
Probably won't get an open pick this draft like Port Adelaide, they're lucky enough the kids in their NGA address needs and McPherson should come cheap as a decent prospect, although unsure if he gets drafted
Essendon have enough key defenders with Brand to come in.mids, key forwards and half backs are far more pressing

I wouldn’t be surprised if we traded in a ruck, young or older, and drafted in one as well.

Big O is our only long term keeper, with both Martin and Smith both gone by end of next year.

And none of our current tall kids are future ruck options.

I’d also add outside run/speed for our midfield as a need.
I'm of the same thought process with trading one in, I'm generally more a fan of trading for Rucks or picking up state leaguers than kids as well.

As for outside run and speed, I think you guys look good for that compared to the KPF and Ruck issues, especially if you bring in Crozier (although probably looking doubtful). Possibly Josh Clarke later in the draft would be looked at, but it's not a great year for those types imo

Essendon have enough key defenders with Brand to come in.mids, key forwards and half backs are far more pressing

Fair enough, I guess really I thought Hurley and Hooker are both getting older and worst case you've already got Jones/ Gown in the wings for the KPF role, and Eyre coming in. But also Gown could probably swing into defence as well. The versatility of Cox and Reid still means they'd be good options for either end imo

We are a hard one and I made a post on our board for what I think we need to be a contender which I genuinely think is not much more other than 2 years of development and a fitter list. We'll need more wing class when Mundy retires and Cerra takes his centre role but I think we can address that naturally through the NGA and we can probably look to try to trade in a Clark or Fisher in the next couple of years to address it if our NGA doesnt fix that problem.

I'm personally hesitant to use another high pick on a KPD. We already should have enough depth with 4 quality KPDs - they just need to get on the park. I'd love to use our 2nd on a KPD to develop for a couple of years for insurance if Hamling or Pearce dont get on the park.

My absolute personnel preference is to make sure we pick up either McDonald or Van Rooyen in the next couple of years. I'd be prepared to spend two years of firsts to make it happen. Elite WA KPFs come around once or twice a decade and we need to have a plan to replace Taberner and Lobb who are both 28. Given Hogan is sketchy at best we could be in a massive hole in 2-5 years when the rest of our list is primed and we have no KPF at all.

Having blabbered on about all that, I couldnt fault our guys with whoever they go with this year, you can make a case for any of the 4 top WA picks, my only preference is we negate some of the risk this year and stay local if possible. Also, our first round picking has been exceptional since 2016, so I'll back Wallsy in regardless

I'd love to use our 2nd on a KPD to develop for a couple of years for insurance if Hamling or Pearce dont get on the park.
I agree with everything you've said, but with this I'd say it's far too optimistic, I can't see Walker not being bid on before what your second currently is, but I also wouldn't be surprised if you get some others in or work your way above what you have now. It'd depend on the KPD type you want as well, I personally love Chapman but he can get caught trying to do too much going forward and then get lost in transition, would that be the type you're looking for and try and work that out of his game

I'm of the same thought process with trading one in, I'm generally more a fan of trading for Rucks or picking up state leaguers than kids as well.

As for outside run and speed, I think you guys look good for that compared to the KPF and Ruck issues, especially if you bring in Crozier (although probably looking doubtful). Possibly Josh Clarke later in the draft would be looked at, but it's not a great year for those types imo

Fair enough, I guess really I thought Hurley and Hooker are both getting older and worst case you've already got Jones/ Gown in the wings for the KPF role, and Eyre coming in. But also Gown could probably swing into defence as well. The versatility of Cox and Reid still means they'd be good options for either end imo
Ambrose
BZT
francis
Ridley
Brand
McBride

That’s more than enough young key defenders, Eyre is the other that can go down back if needed.

It’s only Jones and Gown as the young key forward depth in comparison.

I agree with everything you've said, but with this I'd say it's far too optimistic, I can't see Walker not being bid on before what your second currently is, but I also wouldn't be surprised if you get some others in or work your way above what you have now. It'd depend on the KPD type you want as well, I personally love Chapman but he can get caught trying to do too much going forward and then get lost in transition, would that be the type you're looking for and try and work that out of his game
That's interesting, you think Walker is a top 25 lock now?

It's probably being optimistic but I thought there might be enough KPD depth to get one at our second. Chapman would indeed be the preference but with how he's going this year, that might be a pipe dream

That's interesting, you think Walker is a top 25 lock now?

It's probably being optimistic but I thought there might be enough KPD depth to get one at our second. Chapman would indeed be the preference but with how he's going this year, that might be a pipe dream

Perhaps not a lock but I definitely view him as a worthy first round selection, especially with my view of there being very few speedy, skilled outside mids/ half backs this year. I know if GWS had a first rounder I'd want us to place a bid, and clubs like St Kilda, Richmond, Brisbane and even Geelong that will likely have those later first round picks all have a need for that type to some degree

Ambrose
BZT
francis
Ridley
Brand
McBride

That’s more than enough young key defenders, Eyre is the other that can go down back if needed.

It’s only Jones and Gown as the young key forward depth in comparison.

Fair enough, I saw Ambrose as being on the older side as well personally, anything 28+ plus for a KPP I think a club should start looking at putting a contingency in for. BZT, Francis, Ridley and Brand I certainly see making the grade, but can't say I've seen enough of/ paid enough attention to McBride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps not a lock but I definitely view him as a worthy first round selection, especially with my view of there being very few speedy, skilled outside mids/ half backs this year. I know if GWS had a first rounder I'd want us to place a bid, and clubs like St Kilda, Richmond, Brisbane and even Geelong that will likely have those later first round picks all have a need for that type to some degree

Fair enough, I saw Ambrose as being on the older side as well personally, anything 28+ plus for a KPP I think a club should start looking at putting a contingency in for. BZT, Francis, Ridley and Brand I certainly see making the grade, but can't say I've seen enough of/ paid enough attention to McBride.
Even without Ambrose we have more depth there than anywhere else (apart from medium/small forwards) and rucks.

With Henry going higher than what most thought last year and Green inexplicably falling to 10, cant we just have someone in the NGA fall a bit lower. Next thing you know, Western will be going top 20 as well

With Henry going higher than what most thought last year and Green inexplicably falling to 10, cant we just have someone in the NGA fall a bit lower. Next thing you know, Western will be going top 20 as well
Just been unfortunate that your best NGA prospects for the past two year happen to be exceptional in positions the open draft lacks

Geelong

North Melbourne

St Kilda

West Coast Eagles

port has a list fairly well stocked. But kpp is an issue.

our defenders though are 189cm Jonas 29 193cm clurey 26 and 191cm McKenzie 28

with rookies Grundy 195cm and 192cm pasini
I’m very keen to add another promising key defender, preferably either a big 194+cm guy or a intercept marker would be great.

if we lost wines an inside mid would have to be a priority.

also taj shouldnt get a high bid at all. I’m not a fan and he’s being rated on his play as a 15/16yr old as he hasn’t done much since. Closer to rookie.

Which teams are the ones most likely to bid on reef mcinnes?
Any team from 10 on wards would consider it, but teams like Richmond, Brisbane, St Kilda specifically I think would be most likely in that 15+ area.
Also depends how clubs view his back injury, the successful debut of Bytel might give them some hope however

Remember we turned Mitch Robinson in to a wing.

Our system doesn’t require genuine outside players. They need to be able to roll inside, forward and back, and have a strong contested game..

Zac Williams would be perfect, but word is he’s not keen on heading north of border.

Eddie Ford would probably be perfect from the draft. He’d just have to work on his endurance for a couple of preseasons.

I’d be happy with Eddie Ford and Max Heath from this draft.

West Coast Eagles
I'd say there's a hole in terms of young midfielders but yeah, with a late second-rounder it probably becomes best available.

View attachment 930270
Post Round 10, thinking I've got a better understanding of each teams list now so much more confident of these selections. I'll probably go more in depth with what I think clubs should be focusing on later this week.

A few notes: This top 4 is obviously very tall, I doubt that we seethe first 3 open picks being talls around the actual draft, but on needs I'm happy with these selections
Freo move down a pick due to the defecit
Callow came into consideration a lot for Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane, has done some good things in the TSL but I'm starting to think he's due to slide because he's not super flashy or athletic, would still be 'safer' than Baldwin though
Metro guys slide naturally, honestly that top 8 could be in any order imo, that's the spot to be this draft

Other guys I considered at various points: Bailey Laurie, Sam Berry, Tom Powell, Jack Carroll and (bolter in my eyes, loved his TSL form) Pat Walker

i see North as the most intriguing player in the draft. Needs are all over the place.

Will be hard for them to over look Holland’s as a Vic boy.

i see North as the most intriguing player in the draft. Needs are all over the place.

Will be hard for them to over look Holland’s as a Vic boy.
You’d think Hollands or Phillips at their first, and the best tall still available at their second.

Or go best inside mid and a forward mid combo, Phillips and Perkins.

You’d think Hollands or Phillips at their first, and the best tall still available at their second.

Or go best inside mid and a forward mid combo, Phillips and Perkins.

yeah I tend to agree. They need a bit of it all, but Mids up the top end of the draft will help a lot.

Geelong

North Melbourne

St Kilda

West Coast Eagles

I'd be disappointed if North wasted an early pick on a kpd like DGB. Intercept defenders are a dime a dozen and the best talls play forward as juniors - most of the best key defenders were recruited as forwards. McGovern, Tarrant, Sicily, Moore. We should go for Campbell. Phillips or Hollands with our first pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back