Draft Watcher PMBangers 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Edwards is up for grabs guys.

Interesting, wonder who led the decision here, was it Edwards turning down club or other way around?

I understand leaving out 1 or 2 of their 3 (Newchurch and Borlase as well) but Edwards isn't the one I would've left out

Interesting, wonder who led the decision here, was it Edwards turning down club or other way around?

I understand leaving out 1 or 2 of their 3 (Newchurch and Borlase as well) but Edwards isn't the one I would've left out

Don't know but could his dad's frosty relationship have something to do with it?

Don't know but could his dad's frosty relationship have something to do with it?
Unsure how much an impact that would make, I thought all the people that Luke's father (showing my age here, got no clue of his name) had issues with weren't at the club anymore. He also advocated for Nicks to get the Head Coach role.

I think the beef is more around the rapid delisting of his brother.

Could be a number of reasons. The explanation given on the website though is in line Tyson's sentiment earlier in the year in that Luke would probably get more opportunities to forge a career if he entered the ND without ties

Perhaps two reasons:
- they rate Borlase higher and will use pick 40 to match
- only intending to use 1,9, 22, 23 and match Borlase with 40?

They may rookie both Edwards and Newchurch if not picked up in the main draft.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be a number of reasons. The explanation given on the website though is in line Tyson's sentiment earlier in the year in that Luke would probably get more opportunities to forge a career if he entered the ND without ties
As a general rule, I'm not sure you get a better opportunity than at the team who just finished bottom.

As a general rule, I'm not sure you get a better opportunity than at the team who just finished bottom.
Understand what you're saying, however there is the likelihood that if Adelaide nominate him and no other club bids he will fall through to RD (which is essentially what happened to his older brother).

I think Adelaide has enough higher picks in the ND to fill main list needs and he'd probably be overlooked.

Tyson had commented before that he believes Jackson would've been better served being picked up in the ND and having 2 years of development. He's also mentioned that he barely played a game prior to his 4th year on the list.

TBH though, Luke this year has always been rated higher than his older brother. Weird year I know, however Luke was touted possible late 1st or earlier 2nd round pick coming into this year. Missed quite a few games through injury as well (concussion). Didn't to develop on last years form.

Last edited:

If the edwards camp had always expressed their desire to be drafted by the crows he would’ve ended up there, but they um’ed and ahhh’ed and now he’s not seen as a top 40 prospect the crows have made a call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the edwards camp had always expressed their desire to be drafted by the crows he would’ve ended up there, but they um’ed and ahhh’ed and now he’s not seen as a top 40 prospect the crows have made a call.
I understand that, it's a bit of a s**t or get off the toilet scenario, but if he had said to them he wanted to join, would they have chosen him over either Newchurch or Borlase?

Nice options around Fremantles pick. Can I ask about your rationale behind O'Driscoll?
Toss up between O'Driscoll and Carroll, just assuming that Fremantle see the possibility of O'Driscoll developing into a Fyfe like role with his size and somewhat similar athletic traits, good to get that big bodied mid in and start working on him early, do an apprenticeship for 2 years and then get a good crack at it

Do you really believe Melbourne will bid on Coleman when we traded those two picks to Melbourne?
When I do bids it's more the range than the club that I consider, I think they need a small similar to Coleman so it just made sense to put the bid in, if not Melbourne it's realistic that GWS and Hawks consider a bid imo

You forgot Ford 🤔
I wish I was, I'm genuinely doubting whether he goes in the first 2 rounds, I strongly disagree with it but everything suggests 30+ is his destination, and without lighting up the combine like Rosman I'd assume he's gonna be behind a few of those SA/WA boys in the same range

I wish I was, I'm genuinely doubting whether he goes in the first 2 rounds, I strongly disagree with it but everything suggests 30+ is his destination, and without lighting up the combine like Rosman I'd assume he's gonna be behind a few of those SA/WA boys in the same range
He’s 16th in your rankings though. 2.95 and highest vertical leap is not the worst combine

View attachment 1016200
not my final or even official phantom but this is how I'd predict the first two rounds would go if done today
Reckon Kaine Baldwin is going to slip out of the draft completely? I have a suspicion he won't get picked up in the national draft

He’s 16th in your rankings though. 2.95 and highest vertical leap is not the worst combine
As much as I wish they did, I don't think my rankings have an actual impact on the outcome of the draft, certainly not bad athletic testing and granted I'm largely basing this off Twomey saying Ford is a 30+ pick, but i just get a feel hes ome that'll go 3rd round, similar to Curtis Taylor

Reckon Kaine Baldwin is going to slip out of the draft completely? I have a suspicion he won't get picked up in the national draft
I'm more weary than others it seems but yes, is say a 3rd round pick is most likely in the ND, or top 10 of the rookie draft. I think he's more likely than not to end up on a list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back