Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Hello all I'm back for another year of mediocre draft calls!

Gonna be a weird year overall, as expected I see a lot of vic kids starting the year in the 20's/30's for most and bolt up pretty quickly into the top 15/20, which will be a fun thing to watch unfold. Without having watched the U16s championships in 2019, my exposure to Vic kids is limited outside of the ones that have played some NAB League or I've managed to grab some sort of vision of, so a lot of the guys I'm confident commenting on are WA/SA as it stands. So with this in mind to start the year I'm not going to do a traditional rankings, I'll do my top 5 from each region (Metro, Country, SA, WA and Allies)

As usual, I'm not including 19+ year-olds in this, at least to start with, just to remove any possible confusion.

In other exciting news, I'm fortunate enough to join the AFL Draft Central team for 2021, so now any game/ scouting notes I have will be published there and you'll be able to understand why my calls are as bad as they are

Feel free to check out the AFLW Draft Discussion thread here if you're interested

Rankings
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rankings

(02/07/21)

july is a KEKW.PNG

(02/08/21)

August Top 20.png

(01/09/2021)

September top 20 PROPER.png

(22/10/2021)
November 30.PNG

Last edited:
Phantom Draft - Round 1
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Round 1 Phantom Draft

Round 1.PNG

(MORE IN DEPTH WRITE UPS TO COME OVER THE WEEK)

PICK 1 - North Melbourne
Jason Horne-Francis | South Adelaide/ SA
185 cm | 78 kg
Midfielder/ Forward

Easiest pick of the draft really. There's been so much focus on Jason that nothing I say, positive or negative, will be new and at this rate I feel like most people have seen his games that were at least on Channel 7. The kids a beast and as fun as it's been to have the debates about he and Daicos, I think both are set to shine at the next level and it's going to be a fun battle for the next 15 odd years to watch unfold.

For North Melbourne specifically, I think this caps off what has been a very quick and effective midfield rebuild, they already have the Simpkin's, LDU's and Thomas's coming into their own, and with the support of Powell, Phillips and now JHF they might just have the best midfield in the comp in 5 years

PICK 2 - Western Bulldogs (Matched Bid) [Lose picks 23, 43, 44, 45, 53. Surplus of 135 Points]
Sam Darcy | Oakleigh Chargers/ VIC Metro
204 cm | 73 kg
Tall Utility/ Ruck

One of the many considerations for Pick 2 was who would be bid on first out of Darcy and Daicos, I think whoever ends up with the pick will be bidding on both, and if they don't it'll be disappointing to all onlookers that don't follow the Dogs or the Pies. I guess my main reasoning for bidding on Darcy first comes down to the rarity of dominant junior KPP's in any draft, let alone this one, and if a team is bidding to shake one loose I think Darcy is the one you'd want to test the most

I've had my concerns over his speed for a top level KPF, and I still do as defenders get closer to his height in the years to come, but being 204 cm is a decent enough compensation for lack of burst speed, to combine with his smarts and agility. I'd prefer to see him as a KPD personally given how well Naughton goes with his contested pack marks, but there's no way for the Dogs to lose with any combination they try of Darcy, JUH and Naughton on field

PICK 3 - Collingwood (Matched Bid) [Lose Picks 36, 38, 40, 43, 45. Surplus of idk, like 500 points]
Nick Daicos | Oakleigh Chargers/ VIC Metro
183 cm | 72 kg
Midfielder

Everyone knows how much of the ball Daicos racks up each week, he's the closest thing to an instinctive footballer in the draft with his positioning and seemingly subconscious running patterns. One thing I think has been oversold in regards to Daicos is how much he sticks to the outside, much like a Zach Merret or Jack Macrae (not a play style comparison btw) who lean to the outside, Daicos is more than capable of winning it in tight averaging over 12 contested possessions a game, as a percentage that may not be flattering to some but it's on par with Josh Ward in terms of raw numbers

Big picture for Collingwood is Daicos can play ******* anywhere, he's such a natural that he just gets what he needs to do in every situation, and I think paired with a guy like McInnes/ Lipinski in the long run in the engine room he'll be a very dangerous player, it's a big call but I think he could emulate someone like Petracca, but without the raw burst power he has

PICK 4 - GWS
Mac Andrew | Dandenong Stingrays/ VIC Country
200 cm | 80 kg (Speculatively)
Ruck/ Tall Forward

The other consideration for Pick 2 here was whether I do trades within this phantom, but * that noise. Essentially I don't think GWS will be taking the second open pick of the night, but I think the player selected remains the same if he's available. Sure there are worries about Mac's capacity to put on size and whether that'll affect his play style/ athleticism, but I think it's a worthwhile risk. He's shown commitment to gaining size and that'll hold him in good stead at the next level, where I think he'll become something we haven't quite seen before as a Ruck/ Forward

Simply put, Mac's combination of ball skills, versatility, mobility, height and athleticism are unmatched and he has the capacity to be a very special player, I've seen a bit of talk about 'he'll be there at their second pick, no one else will touch him' which I think is underselling what he is, he'll go top 10 regardless of if GWS take him, and wherever he ends up could very well get an absolute steal

PICK 5 - Gold Coast SUNS
Finn Callaghan | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Metro
189 cm | 82 kg
Midfielder

Pretty simple here, I know they need a KPP and Gibcus is right in this range but I think they'd prefer Callaghan above all else (well, except for JHF). It's hard to really fairly analyse Callaghan, he's my absolute favourite in the draft and I haven't been able to understand the concerns on his contested work, or I even saw work rate as a criticism which is wildly inaccurate imo.

The absolute lowest end of Callaghan's development range that I can see is that he'll still be a solid Winger or back flanker with his athleticism, endurance and damaging kick, and the top of his range is Bont-esque, maybe with less scoreboard impact. Does it throw off the SUNS list balance even more? Probably, but lets face it there's going o be plenty of giant prospects coming through in the next few years, they can probably afford to hold off for a little bit

PICK 6 - Adelaide
Josh Rachele | Murray Bushrangers/ VIC Country
180 cm | 78 kg
Small Forward/ Midfielder

The links between the Crows and Rachele have been consistently getting louder and louder over the past month, and it's hard to ignore at this stage. Whilst I'm not his biggest fan, I can't deny that he's arguably the best 'match winner' type of player in the draft, when Rachele is on he is genuinely the best prospect in the pool bar none, the issue is that doesn't happen too often.

In terms of Adelaide here, Rachele is already an upgrade on guys like Rowe and McAdam imo as a small forward, he's ability to mix the traditional Small Forward crumbing and the new age small marking target is unmatched and will make him hard to play on at the next level. I have concerns on his defensive work and whether it's too high for a small forward, but ultimately I think clubs should go for the player they like regardless of whether it's a 'reach'

I also don't think many around this range actually hit what the Crows need, a bigger mid with pace like Goater would be good, but would there be more value in trading back for him? Ultimately I think the Crows are the most likely to move up to Pick 2 and select Callaghan

PICK 7 - Hawthorn
Ben Hobbs | GWV Rebels/ VIC Country
183 cm | 80 kg
Midfielder

I've seen a lot of Hawks fans prefer Ward here, honestly I don't think they're quite at the point of being picky in their rebuild yet, and their current contested ball brigade isn't one that fills me with hope heading into the future. Guys like Worpel and Newcombe look to be good role players, but I think their scope is limited, and Hobbs comes in as a guy that may already be better than the both of them.

Don't see too much issue with Hobbs' speed or spread from the contest like some others do, as that bread and butter inside bull he's got an excellent skill set, and the bonus of being able to hit the scoreboard when he drifts forward puts him over the other choice of Ward for me personally.

I also considered Erasmus here, and personally it's the pick I'd make but the word seems to be that Hobbs and Ward are rated higher

PICK 8 - Fremantle
Josh Ward | Northern Knights/ VIC Metro
181 cm | 79 kg
Midfielder

This is probably the one that I'm most sceptical about and expect the most criticism for. It was Ward vs Erasmus here and again i'd personally have gone Erasmus, but the more I think about it the more Ward seems like a 'Fremantle' pick. Not too dissimilar to Serong, Brayshaw and Young as their recent top 10 picks, Ward is a fairly safe selection with sound disposal and proven leadership. He's not the highest ceiling prospect, but he's the type that'll do whatever job you ask him to do really well.

In terms of comparison to Erasmus, I think Freo are probably in need of a guy that can play everywhere without seeing a drop in production or impact, and I think Ward is more likely to be able to play on the Wing or in the backline if required than Erasmus. I also like Wards exposure a little more, whilst I don't think the fact that Erasmus has played mainly in the PSA is a massive negative, it's undeniable that Ward has done what he's done against stronger opposition consistently

PICK 9 - Richmond
Josh Gibcus | GWV Rebels/ VIC Country
196 cm | 87 kg
Tall Defender

Gibcus fills the hole of a young tall defender on the Richmond list, and the opportunity to give him a year or two to develop whilst Tarrant is in the Best 22 is something that'd be hard to pass up for the Tigers imo. From a quick browse they've got Biggy and Miller as depth which doesn't really fill me with confidence, I think Gibcus is higher ceiling and higher floor than both.

The bottom end of his development in my opinion is something similar to a Nick Haynes, capable one-on-one but better when allowed to drift around a bit, and not the most damaging ball user, but I think Gibcus has more athleticism than Haynes and doesn't let a defensive focus effect his intercepting as much.

Also considered Erasmus and Johnson, but they've got RCD as a developing tall mid who I liked in his performances this year, plus 3 picks at the abck end of the 20's to fill midfield holes

PICK 10 - Fremantle
Jye Amiss | East Perth/ WA
196 cm | 83 kg
Tall Forward

Pretty easy one all things considered, Erasmus was again considered but Freo need a young KPF and they need one this year. it's all well and good to hope that JVR slips to 21 but it's probably not the smartest course of action. I think the way Amiss is always on the move and active inside the forward half makes him a difficult match up for opponents at any level, he's never still for a defender to easily get into a better position, he just keeps them guessing. I also really like Amiss's follow up work when he doesn't hold a mark, at ground level there aren't many KPF's I see in the same light as Amiss.

I guess it's easy to have concerns over his accuracy outside 45 and question whether a lead up tall forward is right at the next level, but I do really have faith in his ability to translate, especially when it'll require a move from the Country into a better equipped and more professional environment to help iron out his flaws.

PICK 11 - St Kilda
Neil Erasmus | Subiaco/ WA
190 cm | 82 kg
Midfielder/ Forward

This is the point of the draft where it really evens out for me, not necessarily talent wise but I truly feel that the next 6 players selected could fit in here and make just as much sense. With Erasmus specifically I feel that his overhead marking and ability to impact in the forward 50 are a nice point of difference to what the rest of the Saints on ball brigade brings to the table. I think what's impressed me most about Erasmus is that he seems to have improved on his ball use as the seasons gone on, showing to me that he isn't one to just sit around and be happy with where he's at.

Just as a side note, I wouldn't be shocked to see 4-5 pick trades from 10-20 on draft night, there's a few sides here that I think woudl prefer a couple of bites in the 20's than just the one in the teens

PICK 12 - West Coast Eagles
Josh Goater | Calder Cannons/ VIC Metro
190 cm | 79 kg
Midfielder/ Defender

Johnson was the first selection here initially, but the more I thought about it the more I was convinced that Goater is what would fit best at the Eagles given their strong draft hand in the second round where some more 'ready to go' mids will be available. I think the two deciding factors for me here were a) Goater's athleticism, Johnson tested really well but it doesn't translate to the game like it does for Goater, and I feel Goater has a higher ceiling overall.

PICK 13 - Essendon
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera | Glenelg/ SA
187 cm | 71 kg
Winger

This seems to have been linked about 2 months ago and hasn't really dropped away, and it's a nice fit for the Dons who could do with some cleaner ball use going forward to allow their forwards to play their best style of game. I'm not as concerned about his contested ability as others are, there's stats going around that he's averaging about 50% contested ball rate, but even without that I don't think he looks timid in those situations.

PICK 14 - Port Adelaide
Matthew Johnson | Subiaco/ WA
192 cm | 81 kg
Midfielder

Really considered Draper here, but I think Port need someone that's got a clearer path into a full time midfield role than Draper in the long run, given their forward half talent is already pretty damn good. There's not much Johnson does wrong, he's a clean user and can find the ball, works hard around the ground to get marks and get contest-to-contest, and in the long run as he puts on some more size I think he'll apply himself more and more to winning contested ball.

PICK 15 - GWS
Arlo Draper | South Adelaide/ SA
186 cm | 75 kg
General Forward/ Midfielder

GWS simply need some more forward half talent and of those remaining I think Draper is the most exciting. Draper's a clean user of the ball and can do some miraculous things with his combination of leap and speed, as well as ability below his knees. What I like most about Draper is his unselfishness inside forward 50, he's not one that often tries those miracle shots, regularly looking to give the ball off to someone in a more central spot to convert.

Also considered Butler, Sonsie and Judson Clarke here but think Butler and Sonsie at least will end up midfielders, and Clarke might be a smidgeon too early here.

PICK 16 - Brisbane
Josh Sinn | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Metro
186 cm | 73 kg
General Defender/ Midfielder

Started the year really highly rated as a leader and damaging rebound game and has slid due to injury, but with Birchall retiring and Richtowards the end, I think Sinn is the exact type that will be able to fit into Brisbane's system and become a reliable long term piece. Whilst his kicking has had some question marks this year, I think the mechanics of it are fine and it's more a conversation about which kicks he should be attempting and which he should be looking for a safer option. Has the capacity to move into the midfielder as well long term, and with his traits I think that's more likely than not.

PICK 17 - Richmond
Zac Taylor | Calder Cannons/ VIC Metro
180 cm | 74 kg
Midfielder

A bit more of speculative pick, but something about Taylor really screams 'Richmond player' to me. Whilst some may look at his size and have a bunch of questions around that, Richmond are the type of club that will look at his kicking, work rate and smarts as elite and want to get him in quickly. Taylor's ball use is the highlight of his game and despite his size he's not afraid to get into the thick of things, I know he's shorter but I feel he could possibly play a Cotchin style of game going forward where his team orientated play gets the best out of his teammates.

PICK 18 - Sydney
Mitch Knevitt | Geelong Falcons/ VIC Country
193 cm | 81 kg
Midfielder

Seems that Sydney need a big inside mid in the mould of a Josh Kennedy as he gets towards the end, and Knevitt is probably the closest 'like for like' in this region as a strong stoppage winner and a big body that opposition have difficulty stopping. There's a few things Knevitt needs to work on to become a regular AFL level contributor, but Sydney have proven time and time again that they've got one of the best development programs in the comp and will be able to get a player with Knev's traits to the absolute best he can be.

PICK 19 - Melbourne
Tyler Sonsie | Eastern Ranges/ VIC Metro
181 cm | 77 kg
Midfielder

The Dees don't really have any specific needs that are so urgent they need to reach, so I've gone with a best available selection here in Sonsie who's had a big slide from the start of the year. I think some of the criticism towards Tyler has been a bit harsh and revisionist, but his injury was certainly untimely and has allowed others to jump above him in the draft order as they've shown their stuff against stronger opposition, but his kicking and stoppage craft are still at a high level amongst the draft class.

PICK 20 - Brisbane
Mitch Owens | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Metro
190 cm | 85 kg
Midfielder/ Utility

This isn't a selection just to piss off St Kilda fans I swear. I have Brisbane combining two interstate teammates as they have before with complimentary styles. Where Sinn is a strong line breaker, Owens is more of an inside winner that feeds out and can take a mark overhead, or contested, around the ground. Owens versatility is truly mouth watering, long term I think he's an inside midfielder, but he's proven himself as a winger, forward and defender at NAB league level, giving him a good chance to debut early if he gets his fitness right.

Last edited:
Phantom Draft - Round 2
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
ROUND 2 OF PHANTOM
Round 2.PNG

PICK 21 - Fremantle
Sam Butler | GWV Rebels/ VIC Country
184 cm | 76 kg
Midfielder/ General Forward

So this was a funny one given JVR is still available and given Freo's lack of forward targets it would make sense, but ultimately I think JVR is probably best suited to playing as a defender at the next level given I don't necessarily believe his style in the forward half translates.

So from there it was about who fits that forward/ midfielder mould best for them, and Butler was the easy one to lock in. Hard at it, got really good burst speed and good goal sense inside 50, I think he'll end up a midfielder after a few years, but that forward craft is really good and should see him debut early on.

PICK 22 - North Melbourne
Jacob Van Rooyen | Claremont/ WA
193 cm | 91 kg
General Utility

Touched on how I feel about JVR at the next level at the last pick, pretty much I don't think North can lose by selecting JVR, he's got form up either end and could still transition as a forward if all goes well, but North probably need a 3rd tall in the back half more than they do in the forward half

PICK 23 - Hawthorn
Campbell Chesser | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Country
186 cm | 83 kg
Midfielder/ General Defender

Easy enough of a pick, I started the year really high on Chesser and going back watching his NAB League games this year, especially against the Northern Knights, I can still see him going in the early teens given his attributes. Speed, workrate and ball use are the big strengths of Chesser's, and he'll be able to play anywhere on ground but in the long run should be a strong winger or rover dependant on how the side want's to play.

PICK 24 - Geelong
Judson Clarke | Dandenong Stingrays/ VIC Country
180 cm | 70 kg
Midfielder/ Small Forward

Really strong forward half player with a really high athletic base, and whilst he's still slight I don't think it's out of question for him to play some senior footy next year. For Geelong specifically, I don't think they've currently got the sort of livewire forward that Clarke will be, so injecting some X-Factor and speed into their side would be a big help.

PICK 25 - Hawthorn
Darcy Wilmot | Northern Knights/ VIC Metro
183 cm | 75 kg
General Defender

I think I'm as high on Wilmot as possible and it genuinely felt weird having him drift this far back, but unfortunately defenders without midfield exposure aren't taken high generally. Wilmot could become an exception to this, he's just got a lot of traits that will be beneficial at the top level, and his work ethic will hold him in good stead to be a long term piece in an AFL side. I still think a Brayden Maynard with a better kick is a good comparison, it's that 'defend first' attitude that does it for me

PICK 26 - Carlton
Jesse Motlop | South Fremantle/ WA
177 cm | 77 kg
Small Forward

Motlop is a natural forward that has a really well developed defensive and pressure game, especially in comparison to others in the class, and that's something I really highly rate in prospects I see as being predominantly forwards at the next level. He tapered off a bit towards the end of the WAFL season for South Fremantle, but his early games at senior level were really promising in his application and forward craft.

PICK 27 - GWS (Matched Bid) [Lose 45, 46. Gain 27, 58]
Josh Fahey | Queanbeyan/ NSW-ACT
186 cm | 76 kg
General Defender

Without saying it outright everything that our recruiters have said is we'll match a Fahey bid from the 20's onwards so it's an easy choice. I'm probably not as high as others are with Fahey but I like what he can bring as someone that could fill a Heath Shaw role to a degree, and allow a guy like Ash to move further up the field more permanently. Long left boot and daring dash out of defense so he might be one of those players that breaks opposition structures as well

PICK 28 - Richmond
Blake Howes | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Metro
190 cm | 79 kg

Howes is an athletic half forward with midfield scope in his future, and whilst not a massive accumulator currently he's damaging when he's around the ball.

PICK 29 - Richmond
Tom Brown | Murray Bushrangers/ VIC Country
186 cm | 74 kg
General Defender

PICK 30 - Richmond
Angus Sheldrick | Claremont/ WA
179 cm | 84 kg
Midfielder

PICK 31 - West Coast Eagles
Matthew Roberts | South Adelaide/ SA
183 cm | 81 kg

PICK 32 - Geelong
Connor Macdonald | Dandenong Stingrays/ VIC Country
184 cm | 77 kg
Midfielder

PICK 33 - Sydney
Rhett Bazzo | Swan Districts/ WA
195 cm | 81 kg
Tall Defender

PICK 34 - Geelong
Kai Lohmann | GWV Rebels/ VIC Country
185 cm | 76 kg
General Forward

PICK 35 - Adelaide
Brady Hough | Peel Thunder/ WA
189 cm | 71 kg
General Utility

PICK 36 - Geelong
Corey Warner | East Fremantle/ WA
182 cm | 74 kg
Midfielder

PICK 37 - West Coast Eagles
Toby Conway | Geelong Falcons/ VIC Country
205 cm | 97 kg
Ruck

PICK 38 - St Kilda (Matched Bid) [Lose 53, 57]
Marcus Windhager | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Metro
183 cm | 82 kg

PICK 39 - Melbourne
Lachie Rankin | Oakleigh Chargers/ VIC Metro
182 cm | 68 kg
Small Utility

PICK 40 - Port Adelaide (Matched Bid) [Lose 54, 64]
Jase Burgoyne | WWT Eagles/ SA
186 cm | 70 kg
Midfielder/ General Defender

PICK 41 - Sydney
Cooper Murley | Norwood/ SA
177 cm | 66 kg

Last edited:
Phantom Draft - Rounds 3 and 4
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
ROUND 3 AND 4 PHANTOM
Round 3 AND 4.PNG

Pick 42 - Brisbane
Leek Alleer | Central Districts/ SA
196 cm | 84 kg
Tall Defender

Pick 43 - North Melbourne
Sam Banks | Clarence/ TAS
184 cm | 73 kg
General Defender/ Midfielder

Pick 44 - North Melbourne
Paul Curtis | Western Jets/ VIC Metro
183 cm | 73 kg
General Forward

Pick 45 - Melbourne
Jack Williams | East Fremantle/ WA
195 cm | 93 kg
Tall Forward

Pick 46 - Geelong
Alastair Lord | Norwood/ SA
180 cm | 76 kg
Small Defender/ Midfielder

Pick 47 - Melbourne (Matched Bid) [Lose 50]
Taj Woewodin | East Fremantle/ WA
183 cm | 78 kg
General Utility

Pick 48 - Essendon
Charlie Molan | GWV Rebels/ VIC Country
186 cm | 83 kg
General Utility

Pick 49 - Collingwood
Anthony Caminiti | Northern Knights/ VIC Metro
196 cm | 83 kg
Tall Forward

Pick 50 - Essendon
Luke Nankervis | Sandringham Dragons/ VIC Metro
189 cm | 76 kg

Pick 51 - Collingwood
Jake Soligo | Eastern Ranges/ VIC Metro
179 cm | 80 kg

Pick 52 - Hawthorn
Jahmal Stretch | Claremont/ WA
181 cm | 62 kg
Small Forward

Pick 53 - Brisbane
PASS

Pick 54 - Fremantle
James Tunstill | East Perth/ WA
185 cm | 76 kg
Midfielder

Pick 55 - Carlton
Arthur Jones | Claremont/ WA
178 cm | 60 kg
Winger

Pick 56 - Hawthorn
PASS

Pick 57 - GWS
PASS

Pick 58 - St Kilda
Ronald Fejo | West Adelaide/ NT
178 cm | 70 kg
Winger

Pick 59 - West Coast Eagles
Hugh Jackson | North Adelaide/ SA
181 cm | 70 kg
Midfielder

Pick 60 - Fremantle
Eric Benning | Claremont/ WA
196 cm | 83 kg
Tall Forward/ Ruck

Pick 61 - Sydney
PASS

Pick 62 - GWS
PASS

Pick 63 - North Melbourne
Jackson Archer | Northern Knights/ VIC Metro
183 cm
General Defender

Pick 64 - Port Adelaide
Kade Dittmar | East Perth/WA
185 cm | 86 kg
Midfielder

Pick 65 - Adelaide
Ned Long | Northern Knights/ VIC Metro
192 cm | 88 kg

Pick 66 - Brisbane
PASS

Pick 67 - Western Bulldogs
Hugh Stagg | Glenelg/ SA
180 cm | 79 kg

Pick 68 - Western Bulldogs
Miller Bergman | Dandenong Stingrays/ VIC Country
188 cm | 65 kg
General Utility

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
In other exciting news, I'm fortunate enough to join the AFL Draft Central team for 2021, so now any game/ scouting notes I have will be published there and you'll be able to understand why my calls are as bad as they are
Nice work, and well earned! Draft Central Mafia slowly taking over this board. :moustache:

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
May's well include me as an automatic sub for this thread going forward mods.

I wanna attach myself to names but that's fraught with danger.

ATM, all I read about Van Rooyen I like.
He looks very good, Bazzo's preseason form is also promising for him as a potential tall swingman, believe he's kicked 7 (may be 6) in two games

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
He looks very good, Bazzo's preseason form is also promising for him as a potential tall swingman, believe he's kicked 7 (may be 6) in two games

Bazzo's another good name I've read about but my worry is his skinny body.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
May's well include me as an automatic sub for this thread going forward mods.

I wanna attach myself to names but that's fraught with danger.

ATM, all I read about Van Rooyen I like.
Never stopped me in the past. Most have ended up at Gold Coast however.

I’m on the Ben Hobbs bandwagon (obviously via our Melbourne first round pick). But a majority of Lions fans who have looked at this year’s draft pool want Josh Sinn.

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Never stopped me in the past. Most have ended up at Gold Coast however.

I’m on the Ben Hobbs bandwagon (obviously via our Melbourne first round pick). But a majority of Lions fans who have looked at this year’s draft pool want Josh Sinn.
Can't really go wrong there. interesting to see their growth both game wise and body wise this year.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Can't really go wrong there. interesting to see their growth both game wise and body wise this year.
game development is going to be interesting regarding VIC considering the only exposure they've had would've been intra clubs and basic training, so do guys that were perhaps a bit hesitant in game return more hesitant with the break? or will we be seeing significant improvements

Heath Dunby

D grade analysis (generous)
Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Young Harry Mcinnes out of SA kicked 8 goals against norwood on saturday for Glenelg, is he in the conversation?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Young Harry Mcinnes out of SA kicked 8 goals against norwood on saturday for Glenelg, is he in the conversation?
Not one I've heard of unfortunately, although I'm sure with performances like that it won't be long before I've got a bit

Heath Dunby

Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not one I've heard of unfortunately, although I'm sure with performances like that it won't be long before I've got a bit

Commitments with Prince Alfred College would take up most of his season i presume, did a little bit of research, SANFL league leader goalkicker as an U/16, state rep for SA and then 2020 SA Schools leading goal kicker, 37 goals in 8 games allegedly. Also believe young Harry Tunkin from PAC is a name to right down.

Heath Dunby

Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
good KPF out of SA, even if he is 190cm or around that mark.

Are McInnes and Tunkin in the conversation from what you've seen? Kicking bags week in and week out can't be hurting McInnes's chances and with Tunkin being a dominant on baller?

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Are McInnes and Tunkin in the conversation from what you've seen? Kicking bags week in and week out can't be hurting McInnes's chances and with Tunkin being a dominant on baller?

i have liked what i have seen from the small sample of games i have seen McInnes in, but it seems he has been overlooked for the SA u19's squad at this moment, he is worth keeping an eye on this season, as for Tunkin im not as familiar with him sorry.

He is a bit one dimensional from what I’ve seen of him so far, hoping to see a bit more tricks this year.
If that dimension is kicking bags of goals, it will probably hold him in good stead :)

Back