Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1156339
Another objectively correct top 25 phantom.

Will be interesting to see how quickly things change with the champs approaching earlier than expected and hopefully getting done without issues.
I mean it might hold more weight if there were actually 25 players named ;)

What can you tell me about Cooper Murley? I see he's shorter than most midfield prospects in that range.
Yeah being at 178 cm (last measurement update I did at least) he's on the shorter side, I can't help but see a little bit of Butters in how he plays though, obviously not to the same level but the confidence to take opponents on at ground, in the air and with ball in hand, and the execution of winning the ball is similar in the sense that both just have damn good technique. Got some zip and is, for my money, one of the hardest workers in the pool. Will be one to watch closely at the champs as I expect him to rise when he's got a guy like Horne working with him in there

How many GWV Rebels do you think will get drafted?
I think Gibcus and Hobbs at this stage are near certainties, although Hobbs range will be interesting if he doesn't get many games in this year. Butler, Molan, Lohmann, Rentsch and Scott are others I'd say are in the frame and that'd be the order I'd have the in currently, although Rentsch and Scott are more rookie picks imo

I think Gibcus and Hobbs at this stage are near certainties, although Hobbs range will be interesting if he doesn't get many games in this year. Butler, Molan, Lohmann, Rentsch and Scott are others I'd say are in the frame and that'd be the order I'd have the in currently, although Rentsch and Scott are more rookie picks imo
Aha so Kai Lohmann has finally caught your eye... :thumbsu:

Last edited:
View attachment 1156339
Another objectively correct top 25 phantom.

Will be interesting to see how quickly things change with the champs approaching earlier than expected and hopefully getting done without issues.
Callaghan's stocks seem to be rising exponentially- I'm wondering what more he'd need to show to overtake Sonsie as most likely third pick?
I'm also not sure about us going for Wilmot- we're pretty well stocked in the defensive end for everything bar KPD's- I reckon McDonald could be a goer for us at that selection if everything plays out how you have it above.
Love the work PM!

Aha so Kai Lohmann has finally your eye... :thumbsu:
I liked him when I watched that Murray game, eventually lmao, with his athleticism the highlight of course, but outside of that I haven't really noted anything about his skills and such, due to lack of exposure. When I've got more on him I'll be able to comfortably comment further than 'draftable'

Callaghan's stocks seem to be rising exponentially- I'm wondering what more he'd need to show to overtake Sonsie as most likely third pick?
I'm also not sure about us going for Wilmot- we're pretty well stocked in the defensive end for everything bar KPD's- I reckon McDonald could be a goer for us at that selection if everything plays out how you have it above.
Love the work PM!
Chances are they go head-to-head on Saturday so that'll be an interesting match up, but given Callaghan is bigger and arguably more athletic I reckon chances are he will overtake him for most, if he hasn't already that is. I reckon Callaghan's better defensive side of his game will gain him favour as well, despite Sonsie being better with his work going forward imo.

Yep, agree with that and wouldn't be surprised if one or two more jump up. It's a solid group.

Yep, agree with that and wouldn't be surprised if one or two more jump up. It's a solid group.
Hoping there's minimal APS crossover when they go up against Sandringham, full strength I reckon those two are the best of their regions (Country/ Metro that is)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid year top 50 phantom draft
mid year top 50 phantom pt 1.PNG
mid year top 50 phantom pt 2.PNG

So idea stolen from eDPS here's my shot at a top 50 phantom draft if it were to happen today, please note that it's not necessarily indicative of my rankings, there's guys I've got going here who as it stands probably wouldn't be in my top 50-60 if I was to do one, it's more trying to address club need/ guess where clubs might take a punt on a guy that might have a few things to iron out (Mitch Knevitt a good example).

There's some value late as it stands for me, but it's hard to have a clear picture prior to the champs to compare these kids to the rest of the draft class, and get a better read of their traits v other genuine prospects rather than their home competition opponents

View attachment 1160643
View attachment 1160645

So idea stolen from eDPS here's my shot at a top 50 phantom draft if it were to happen today, please note that it's not necessarily indicative of my rankings, there's guys I've got going here who as it stands probably wouldn't be in my top 50-60 if I was to do one, it's more trying to address club need/ guess where clubs might take a punt on a guy that might have a few things to iron out (Mitch Knevitt a good example).

There's some value late as it stands for me, but it's hard to have a clear picture prior to the champs to compare these kids to the rest of the draft class, and get a better read of their traits v other genuine prospects rather than their home competition opponents
Rachelle is not a need, but if he’s there at Brisbane’s first pick, I would be a bit annoyed (toning down the language) if we didn’t select him.

Too good a talent to slide this far in the draft.

Rachelle is not a need, but if he’s there at Brisbane’s first pick, I would be a bit annoyed (toning down the language) if we didn’t select him.

Too good a talent to slide this far in the draft.
I struggle with balancing up when talent out ways workrate, or lack thereof. I definitely considered it, but with the Coleman's and Charlie currently I don't think it's worth bringing a guy that isn't exactly a pressure player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back