Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
PMB, are there any rucks worth considering who may go late/rookie?
Its not really a great draft for rucks unfortunately, Jordan Lukac could be one from SA that isn't club linked that is available late, but I'd be holding off until next year given everything we've seen so far suggests it'll be a good ruck draft

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Its not really a great draft for rucks unfortunately, Jordan Lukac could be one from SA that isn't club linked that is available late, but I'd be holding off until next year given everything we've seen so far suggests it'll be a good ruck draft

Dante Visentini?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Lukac's no good. Benning is much better, what's his NGA status?
Cannot agree with that at all, the highly athletic Jordan Lukac is highly promising and would be a great pick up late/rookie for a team looking for a developing KPF/Ruck.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
PMB, are there any rucks worth considering who may go late/rookie?
I think Ruck/KPF Saxon Evans is largely underrated and should have led SA's ruck at the Championships IMO.

This from 2020

View attachment 1248067
Pre-trade period first two round phantom, nothings any clearer really but the more I rewatch the games available to me I feel like I'm liking the draft class less and less weirdly enough. I think there's a lot of quality but some of the guys I have battling for my top 25/30 seem like they're not spoken about a lot, maybe that's me being a nuffy more than anything else though. Note this was done before trade radio rumours started

Happy to announce that we can remain friends after this draft board.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
are you planning on doing a post day 1 or 2 of trade period phantom draft?
I will be posting a draft after every completed trade

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Can you imagine 😬😬😬
933081.jpg

5/10/2021 'Tiers of Talent'
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Hasn't really been long since I did my last one but I like to have them somewhat close to the start of the month for my own sanity, small updates that I'll explain further, also the order they're listed doesn't mean I rate them higher necessarily.

Tier 1; Nick Daicos, Jason Horne-Francis
Tier 2; Finn Callaghan, Sam Darcy

SO this change is pretty simple, it felt like I was understating how good I see Horne-Francis and Daicos when referring to it as a top 4, I think Darcy and Callaghan can be genuine A graders at the next level like I think JHF and Daicos will be, but they haven't had to same degree of performance yet to be grouped in the same bracket imo. A common theme of the board this year has been how disappointing a lack of champs is, to see Darcy against JVR and Bazzo would've been fantastic to see how he went against two different styles of defender.

Tier 3; Jye Amiss, Mac Andrew, Neil Erasmus, Josh Gibcus, Ben Hobbs, Josh Sinn, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Josh Ward

Not much changes here, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera comes in on the back of some more fantastic form, his second half of the year has been fantastic from my view form wise, but I feel like he's been doing everything to address the concerns I've seen about him as well. I'm not worried about his contested work, I think it's good enough for the role he'll be playing where he really shouldn't be needing to win more than 40% of his touches contested

Tier 4; Sam Butler, Campbell Chesser, Arlo Draper, Josh Goater, Matthew Johnson, Josh Rachele, Tyler Sonsie, Darcy Wilmot

Butler comes in, he's one I've been umm'ing and ahh'ing about for 2 months, so the combine results just tipped me over the line, plus I think this is a year where if a players shown traits somewhat consistently you can back them in, and I was really impressed with Butlers midfield play, especially in the Gippsland v Rebels game before the season ended again where the Power had momentum a lot but Butler kept standing up.

Tier 5; Rhett Bazzo, Tom Brown, Brady Hough, Blake Howes, Mitch Knevitt, Jesse Motlop, Mitch Owens, Matthew Roberts, Jacob Van Rooyen, Zac Taylor

Howes and Hough come in to this tier, Hough again was impressive in the second WA v SA game, but I went back and watched the WA 19s practise games against the 17s, East Perth and Perth, where Hough sort of stood out a bit more (maybe because I had a bit more recognition of him). He's got some nice athleticism but long term I think he'll be a winger, and if all goes well a really good one. Howes is another oen that I was umm'ing and ahh'ing with, but rewatched some Sandringham footage not even looking out for him and thought that his athleticism definitely puts him in this bracket

Back