Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon there are many quick small pressure forwards late in the draft? Saw you took Fejo Jr in the phantom
Nah I don't think there's many in the draft at all, Judson Clark and Jesse Motlop are the two best with that pressure side to them but outside of that it's just a few guys that are ok at it which is a bit unfortunate

Bangers, I know you love Darcy Wilmot. I really like him also. He seems to have the traits of someone who could play a pressure forward role really well. Have you ever seen him being played further up the ground?

Chop
no not really, it's one of the concerns I've heard about him that he hasn't had much exposure outside of the backline

no not really, it's one of the concerns I've heard about him that he hasn't had much exposure outside of the backline
I do think if he was a good shout for a midfield position they would have pushed him up there when Ned Long went down early, but I think it is mostly to do with his size. 75kg doesn't seem too light but the way he crashes into packs and puts his body on the line I would be wanting a bit more beef before throwing right into the guts. Not taking away from the player, the kid is a gun just needs some time to build muscle to match his physical game style as a full-time mid.

Is there a 2022 draft rankings somewhere this year?

A couple here for you to have a squiz at.

I was gonna release mine after this years draft, but it won't be anything dramatically different to whats floating around at the moments anyway

I was gonna release mine after this years draft, but it won't be anything dramatically different to whats floating around at the moments anyway
same here. After this years draft is done
Twomey usually releases his the day after, so I’m expecting a heap of rankings to be dropped before Twomey’s.

12:01am sounds about right.

Twomey usually releases his the day after, so I’m expecting a heap of rankings to be dropped before Twomey’s.

12:01am sounds about right.
I have decided to do a live reading of my 2022 rankings on the Draft Central coverage of the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Complete with tarot cards?
"I have drawn the Wardlaw card first, this is a sign of strong inside capabilities and an inability to be tackled"

2022 Top 20
nov.PNG
I lied last night, immediately after saying I'll wait a while I went and made this top 20, terribly sorry for the lying.
This is what I've got so far, but i'm trying to hunt down footage of both the country v metro games because it feels really light on for Victorians as you'd expect. I'm not sure this is too different to anyone else, happy to answer questions as usual. What I will say is there was a fair I rotated through 18-20 as well, I really heavily considered guys like; Paul Pascu, Adam D'Aloia, Jed Hagan, Jonti Schuback, Mitchell Rowe, Luke Teal, Matthew Jefferson, Cody Harrington, Jack Cleaver, Darcy Jones and Jaiden Magor, so I'm expecting that my 20 will change a bit before Round 1 next year as I watch some more over the summer (more an 'if' I watch some more)

I'm not confident enough yet to call this a 'super draft' like some people are, but it obviously looks promising when there's that many talls in a top 20 and plenty more that have shown promise and would appear in some other top 20's, looks like 200cm+ forwards are going to become far more common soon enough.

*Not where I think they'll go but how I rate them heading in, my rankings are a combination of ceiling + likelihood to be long term best 22 players here

Last edited:
View attachment 1267319
I lied last night, immediately after saying I'll wait a while I went and made this top 20, terribly sorry for the lying.
This is what I've got so far, but i'm trying to hunt down footage of both the country v metro games because it feels really light on for Victorians as you'd expect. I'm not sure this is too different to anyone else, happy to answer questions as usual. What I will say is there was a fair I rotated through 18-20 as well, I really heavily considered guys like; Paul Pascu, Adam D'Aloia, Jed Hagan, Jonti Schuback, Mitchell Rowe, Luke Teal, Matthew Jefferson, Cody Harrington, Jack Cleaver, Darcy Jones and Jaiden Magor, so I'm expecting that my 20 will change a bit before Round 1 next year as I watch some more over the summer (more an 'if' I watch some more)

I'm not confident enough yet to call this a 'super draft' like some people are, but it obviously looks promising when there's that many talls in a top 20 and plenty more that have shown promise and would appear in some other top 20's, looks like 200cm+ forwards are going to become far more common soon enough.
I believe something has gone wrong here. You forgot to include whoever the Bulldogs are being gifted at the top end. You can't honestly be saying we're going to have to take a live pick are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back