PMBangers

@Headless approved!
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Hello all I'm back for another year of mediocre draft calls!

Gonna be a weird year overall, as expected I see a lot of vic kids starting the year in the 20's/30's for most and bolt up pretty quickly into the top 15/20, which will be a fun thing to watch unfold. Without having watched the U16s championships in 2019, my exposure to Vic kids is limited outside of the ones that have played some NAB League or I've managed to grab some sort of vision of, so a lot of the guys I'm confident commenting on are WA/SA as it stands. So with this in mind to start the year I'm not going to do a traditional rankings, I'll do my top 5 from each region (Metro, Country, SA, WA and Allies)

As usual, I'm not including 19+ year-olds in this, at least to start with, just to remove any possible confusion.

In other exciting news, I'm fortunate enough to join the AFL Draft Central team for 2021, so now any game/ scouting notes I have will be published there and you'll be able to understand why my calls are as bad as they are

Feel free to check out the AFLW Draft Discussion thread here if you're interested

GUMBLETRON

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
In other exciting news, I'm fortunate enough to join the AFL Draft Central team for 2021, so now any game/ scouting notes I have will be published there and you'll be able to understand why my calls are as bad as they are
Nice work, and well earned! Draft Central Mafia slowly taking over this board. :moustache:

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich & Ess AFLW,
May's well include me as an automatic sub for this thread going forward mods.

I wanna attach myself to names but that's fraught with danger.

ATM, all I read about Van Rooyen I like.

PMBangers

@Headless approved!
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

He looks very good, Bazzo's preseason form is also promising for him as a potential tall swingman, believe he's kicked 7 (may be 6) in two games

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Never stopped me in the past. Most have ended up at Gold Coast however.

I’m on the Ben Hobbs bandwagon (obviously via our Melbourne first round pick). But a majority of Lions fans who have looked at this year’s draft pool want Josh Sinn.

Smythe

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
White-Sox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Never stopped me in the past. Most have ended up at Gold Coast however.

I’m on the Ben Hobbs bandwagon (obviously via our Melbourne first round pick). But a majority of Lions fans who have looked at this year’s draft pool want Josh Sinn.
Can't really go wrong there. interesting to see their growth both game wise and body wise this year.

PMBangers

@Headless approved!
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Can't really go wrong there. interesting to see their growth both game wise and body wise this year.
game development is going to be interesting regarding VIC considering the only exposure they've had would've been intra clubs and basic training, so do guys that were perhaps a bit hesitant in game return more hesitant with the break? or will we be seeing significant improvements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Dunby

D grade analysis (generous)
Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not one I've heard of unfortunately, although I'm sure with performances like that it won't be long before I've got a bit
Commitments with Prince Alfred College would take up most of his season i presume, did a little bit of research, SANFL league leader goalkicker as an U/16, state rep for SA and then 2020 SA Schools leading goal kicker, 37 goals in 8 games allegedly. Also believe young Harry Tunkin from PAC is a name to right down.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Are McInnes and Tunkin in the conversation from what you've seen? Kicking bags week in and week out can't be hurting McInnes's chances and with Tunkin being a dominant on baller?
i have liked what i have seen from the small sample of games i have seen McInnes in, but it seems he has been overlooked for the SA u19's squad at this moment, he is worth keeping an eye on this season, as for Tunkin im not as familiar with him sorry.

PMBangers

@Headless approved!
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Commentators are going to love calling "Bazzo"

Also side note, that is a very small amount of Key Forwards in that group.
Yeah its looking like a midfielders draft unless others can step up, Alex Lukic is one that certainly has it in him from his few NAB League appearances in 2019, I also know eDPS rates Morgan Ferres if he can grow as well

eDPS

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah its looking like a midfielders draft unless others can step up, Alex Lukic is one that certainly has it in him from his few NAB League appearances in 2019, I also know eDPS rates Morgan Ferres if he can grow as well
We got to interview Ferres at their pre-season testing and by his own words it looks like he hasn’t grown much which is disappointing, he plays a lot like a key forward but is undersized. Luckily he has some great athleticism that should still help him get looked at early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad