Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Commentators are going to love calling "Bazzo"

Also side note, that is a very small amount of Key Forwards in that group.
Yeah its looking like a midfielders draft unless others can step up, Alex Lukic is one that certainly has it in him from his few NAB League appearances in 2019, I also know eDPS rates Morgan Ferres if he can grow as well

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah its looking like a midfielders draft unless others can step up, Alex Lukic is one that certainly has it in him from his few NAB League appearances in 2019, I also know eDPS rates Morgan Ferres if he can grow as well
We got to interview Ferres at their pre-season testing and by his own words it looks like he hasn’t grown much which is disappointing, he plays a lot like a key forward but is undersized. Luckily he has some great athleticism that should still help him get looked at early on.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
PMBangers If you’re the Saints and you have pick 1 who are going with? Purely hypothetical as we won’t have pick 1, (hopefully)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its hard to look past Jason Horne at this stage, plays everywhere to a high level so would be pushing for selection very early and just does everything right. Sinn would be the second option, and possibly edges Horne for the Sandy connection at the Saints, but i feel like you guys are pretty set for flankers and wingers currently

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Its hard to look past Jason Horne at this stage, plays everywhere to a high level so would be pushing for selection very early and just does everything right. Sinn would be the second option, and possibly edges Horne for the Sandy connection at the Saints, but i feel like you guys are pretty set for flankers and wingers currently

Cheers. I heard nice things about Horne.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
In terms of Harry McInnes, I think for an undersized key he lacks the athleticism/mobility/agility to make it at AFL level. He's quite strong for his age/size so he tends to be able to create separation on short leads using that strength and a lot of his goals come from that avenue. He does have a few tricks and little bit of forward craft but ultimately without some growth physically (height/speed/athleticism) I think it's tough for him to get on an AFL list, especially at a time where I feel clubs favour the tall, uber athletic key position guys.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Jets have been up since yesterday aswell, don’t expect the rest to be done anytime soon
I can not say I'm surprised, makes sense with those two first as well :tearsofjoy:

All the fixtures still set to 2019 though :drunk:

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Jets have been up since yesterday aswell, don’t expect the rest to be done anytime soon
Did you know about Paul Tsapatolis getting approval to play for the Jets? Saw him listed and was confused but the Herald Sun have an article about it up, would've thought Falcons made more sense but 🤷‍♀️

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
We got to interview Ferres at their pre-season testing and by his own words it looks like he hasn’t grown much which is disappointing, he plays a lot like a key forward but is undersized. Luckily he has some great athleticism that should still help him get looked at early on.
Draft Central got any scouts in the Alice Ed?

Heath Dunby

D grade analysis (generous)
Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
In terms of Harry McInnes, I think for an undersized key he lacks the athleticism/mobility/agility to make it at AFL level. He's quite strong for his age/size so he tends to be able to create separation on short leads using that strength and a lot of his goals come from that avenue. He does have a few tricks and little bit of forward craft but ultimately without some growth physically (height/speed/athleticism) I think it's tough for him to get on an AFL list, especially at a time where I feel clubs favour the tall, uber athletic key position guys.

I would think that he maybe would have received some feedback about the things he can work on over the preseason because watching him in the past few trials it seems that his agility is a key attribute that allows him to score bags of goals. I think training with the league squad over the break may have really increased his decision-making skills and agility. Will be interesting to see how he fairs this season.

Some squad list updating happening on the NAB League app at the moment, Calders the only one up atm but should be done by 1/2PM you'd think
Is the NAB League app operational this year?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
It's really annoying that the League has had 2 odd weeks to get these player lists up and all they've done is Jets and Calder, they take at most 3 hours each to do, and that's being generous, yet here we are watching the Round 2 opener with little info on the players that may not have played before or are fringe players, it's crazy.

Also, more pedantically, the graphic still says 'U18 Boys'

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
The stream finally comes up and I can't get any kind of audio, that's cool.
Yeah look, the NAB League App was an interesting concept, but it's time to cut their losses and return to youtube streams where there's minimal risk of these things happening, it's just not acceptable for what the AFL is trying to hype up as a genuine one stop victorian u19s product

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Good weekend overall, ADC will have my notes on Gippsland v Dandenong and Murray v Bendigo so I'll share those links when they come. Todays game was super, really feel for eDPS who has to put the notes up, genuinely about 10-12 from each side that are really hard to not mention. Campbell Chesser, Josh Sinn, Blake Howes, Nick Daicos, Braden Andrews as guys that are seen as top end prospects all played well, Chesser and Sinn in particular stepping up in the last quarter when Sandy needed to hit the front. Some lesser known names that particularly impressed me; Luke Nankervis, Finn Calaghan, Jed Rule, Lachlan Rankin (not lesser known, but not seen as top end I guess), Patrick Voss and Jack Peris all had at the very least some really good moments, but Rankin, RUle and Callaghan were amongst the best all game as well.
Rankin unfortunately went down in the 3rd quarter with an ankle injury, hope he has a speedy recovery as he was superb for Chargers

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Is Patrick related to Michael and Brett Voss and is Peris worth a bid?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Is Patrick related to Michael and Brett Voss
I'm going to assume not since he wasn't mentioned in the afl.com.au article earlier in the year, and the other Voss's have been SA based or Sandringham zoned

is Peris worth a bid?
Only the first viewing of him, very focused on the ball and has a nice bit of zip about (funny that). There was one particular instance in the third quarter where he was one on one inside deep defensive 50 chasing the ball, and the Oakleigh player went straight for him, but Peris ran past and collected, where most kids would probably brace for contact

Back