Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

This rounds scouting notes, mine are Gippsland v Dandenong and Murray v Bendigo, very high on some of the Dandenong NGA talent

At Trevor Barker Oval for Metro 17s triple header, Brisbane supporters get excited about Will Ashcroft, clear best on in the first half of Sandy v Calder

At Trevor Barker Oval for Metro 17s triple header, Brisbane supporters get excited about Will Ashcroft, clear best on in the first half of Sandy v Calder
What type of mid is Will Ashcroft PMB, inside, outside, balanced, do you liken his game to anyone else around in the afl past or present?

Have we got another Michael Voss, Simon Black or Jason Akermanis on our hands? :D

What type of mid is Will Ashcroft PMB, inside, outside, balanced, do you liken his game to anyone else around in the afl past or present?

Have we got another Michael Voss, Simon Black or Jason Akermanis on our hands? :D
Played a balanced game through the guts, often the first ball winner at stoppages but had a really composed approach. Kicked well off both feet and showcased a bit of speed quite a few times when given the opportunity, and stood up well in tackles as well, so was a really commanding presence. No real comparison though sorry

Josh Hamilton from Northern worth keeping an eye on as wel.
Has been good in the first

Northern absolutely killed the final game with Jason McCormick and Jack McInerney (brother of Justin I believe) kicking 4 each as smaller forwards. Cooper Harvey (F/S from Brent) with 3, two of those fairly junk time sorts but still impressive. His kicking needs some work, especially on the run, as he has an awkward kick that can make his kicks quite flat and hard to mark, but he's got a nice bit of speed and strength, takes the game on and loves a bounce like Boomer. Listed as 179 cm I'd pretty confidently say he's at least 182 now, so taller than his Dad.

Another F/S in Alwyn Davey did well for Oakleigh, looked dangerous around the forward line and had some good moments around stoppages as a midfielder, so looking like the first half of next years draft could have a couple familiar names when you throw in Ashcroft

Last edited:
Northern absolutely killed the final game with Jason McCormick and Jack McInerney (brother of Justin I believe) kicking 4 each as smaller forwards. Cooper Harvey (F/S from Brent) with 3, two of those fairly junk time sorts but still impressive. His kicking needs some work, especially on the run, as he has an awkward kick that can make his kicks quite flat and hard to mark, but he's got a nice bit of speed and strength, takes the game on and loves a bounce like Boomer. Listed as 179 cm I'd pretty confidently say he's at least 182 now, so taller than his Dad.

Another F/S in Alwyn Davey did well for Oakleigh, looked dangerous around the forward line and had some good moments around stoppages as a midfielder, so looking like the first half of next years draft could have a couple familiar names when you throw in Ashcroft

I imagine Oakleigh were undefeated?

Sam Darcy, Western Bulldogs F/S, made his NAB League debut today, looked comfortable at the level with the exception of a brain fade that gave Tyler Sonsie a 50 in the final quarter. Gonna need to pack a lot of weight on, 197 cm and only 73 kg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Darcy made his NAB League debut today, looked comfortable at the level with the exception of a brain fade that gave Tyler Sonsie a 50 in the final quarter. Gonna need to pack a lot of weight on, 197 cm and only 73 kg

Wow He needs 25kgs to get to 'Average' type weight

What position does he play and does he have elite pace ? Some kids that just cant add weight will struggle unless they have incredible pace and or leap

Reminds me of the westhoffs

Wow He needs 25kgs to get to 'Average' type weight

What position does he play and does he have elite pace ? Some kids that just cant add weight will struggle unless they have incredible pace and or leap

Reminds me of the westhoffs
He split his time between Ruck and Defense, never really got to full pace but looked to have good speed for a player of his height at the very least

They haven’t updated his measurements on the team sheet, most certainly over 200cm
ehh, he didn't look ridiculously taller than Begg, maybe he's at 199/200, but I don't think he'd be over

mid april.PNG
After 3 (2 full) rounds of NAB League and 2 for other states I'm feeling pretty confident with the top 20 I've got at least. Admitedly need to see much more of the WA class so that's why a few of them are lower comparatively to others.
Again, heights and weights not updated because the App is ass, and I'm pretty lazy

View attachment 1100336
After 3 (2 full) rounds of NAB League and 2 for other states I'm feeling pretty confident with the top 20 I've got at least. Admitedly need to see much more of the WA class so that's why a few of them are lower comparatively to others.
Again, heights and weights not updated because the App is ass, and I'm pretty lazy
How close do you think your top 5 is? Hard for me to seperate Horne/Daicos and Sonsie/Sinn/Rachele/Chesser atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back