Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats are a good indicator but shouldn’t be the be all and end all for why a player shouldn’t be drafted. Rozee and Butters a good example for Port when both didn’t have the most prolific games in their draft year but showed their elite traits often enough.

Can depend on a certain game aswell with tackle numbers or contested possession numbers going up or down depending on weather or the position they play and if they play that position for all 4 quarters.

For example Miller Bergman kicked 3 goals on the weekend for Dandenong and you would look at his 20 possessions and think wow that’s a good game for a forward but he actually played half back for the first 3 quarters and was then shifted forward late and hit the scoreboard, that’s why going to or watching games is so important rather than going off pure statistics.
The games I have watched so far, anyone playing across halfback it seems 20 possessions would be about a minimum requirement.

Im off the Morwell this weekend, where should I stop for a pie?

If you're closer I'd say get to Trevor Barker instead, will be a much better game
I’ve seen both Dragons and Stingrays, yet to see Gippsland live so will make the trip down. Gotta spread the love!

A few brothers at the U17s today in Zane Duursma, Oliver Hollands, Elliott Perkins, Lewis Hayes, and a few more I'm definitely forgetting showing serious potential to be better than their older siblings!

Brisbane F/S Ashcroft looked a class above again, definitely looking like an early selection for next year. Essendon with Alwyn Davey Jnr. should also be excited, just has some really eye catching moments with his speed and ability to maintain it whilst changing direction. Copper Harvey for North looked good, especially when moved into the middle, even if he lacked a bit defensively. Liking the look of next year at this early stage, maybe not 2021 good, but not bad at all

(I'll also be on commentary for Sandringham v Dandenong tomorrow via the NAB League App)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many brothers in this years draft ?
Daicos , Serong , Butler
anybody i missed
There'd be plenty that may not even be in contention so hard to get them all, off the top of my head; Tom Brown (Brother of Geelongs Millie), Charlie McKay (Carlton's Abbie), Luca Anderson (Suns Noah), Darby Scott (North's Bailey), James Cahill (Bombers Ned), Will Papley (Swans Tom), Noah McFayden (Brisbanes Connor)

There'd be plenty that may not even be in contention so hard to get them all, off the top of my head; Tom Brown (Brother of Geelongs Millie), Charlie McKay (Carlton's Abbie), Luca Anderson (Suns Noah), Darby Scott (North's Bailey), James Cahill (Bombers Ned), Will Papley (Swans Tom), Noah McFayden (Brisbanes Connor)

Myles McCluggage. (Hugh, BL.)

Ewan Mcpherson, brother of GCS Darcy

With the NAB League break coming up it'll be interesting to see what names start to really put their hands up through APS/ VFL footy, as well as the AIS Academy Game next Saturday, with the likes of Gibcus, O'Loughlin, Moyle and Conway probably going to be the main beneficiaries given they weren't in the squad initially.
Through APS, if he isn't already being loved on bigfooty as a potential top 20 player, Connor MacDonald (Haileybury I believe) will likely get some big numbers in a weaker comp. I like his dash and willingness to take risks, certainly helped by the Rays game style of take it on, but he just finds ways to make things work.

Notes from the Metro v Country Trial games on Friday, I'll ping giantroo given I know he's on Cooper Harvey watch

Notes from the Metro v Country Trial games on Friday, I'll ping giantroo given I know he's on Cooper Harvey watch
Thanks mate.

nab league break phan tom.PNG
So as usual I'm not claiming to be a list expert, but this is what I feel is a nice mix of best available/ need based drafting. The talk of a lack of talls in the pool this year I feel is overplayed, obviously like the guys in the top 20 here and think there's some underrated guys running about, especially from what I've seen in NAB League.

View attachment 1105760
So as usual I'm not claiming to be a list expert, but this is what I feel is a nice mix of best available/ need based drafting. The talk of a lack of talls in the pool this year I feel is overplayed, obviously like the guys in the top 20 here and think there's some underrated guys running about, especially from what I've seen in NAB League.
Brisbane’s second pick, Sam Banks please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back