Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just saw this . Riccardi being short ..do you think he has the attributes for the next level.?
I want to see a bit more of him in general but from what I've seen early on I think he's an alright option for the rookie draft

It’s great to see Ashcroft getting he’s chance at VFL this weekend he’s already rated at pick 1 by Twomey he thinks he’s going to dominate and would already be playing with the Lions at AFL level if he was eligible this season as someone who only saw him play once last year can’t wait to see him play
Holy cow man, use punctuation!

PMBangers how would you rate Tsatsas in comparison to Callaghan from last years draft?
I'd have Callaghan ahead but I've also seen him a lot more. I think Finn has a level of composure that Tsatas hasn't quite found yet, and his defensive work is well ahead. In saying that, Tsatas has more athleticism to him for sure and is stronger around stoppages.

What about ranking Ashcroft, Wardlaw and Tsatas as compared to the likes of JHF, Nick Daicos, Finn Callaghan, Elijah Hollands, Will Phillips, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Sam Walsh, Bailey Smith, Andrew Brayshaw, Paddy Dow, LDU.

How you ranked them Pre draft not with hindsight, quick power rankings if you have the inclination.

What about ranking Ashcroft, Wardlaw and Tsatas as compared to the likes of JHF, Nick Daicos, Finn Callaghan, Elijah Hollands, Will Phillips, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Sam Walsh, Bailey Smith, Andrew Brayshaw, Paddy Dow, LDU.

How you ranked them Pre draft not with hindsight, quick power rankings if you have the inclination.
I'll do last years draft class given it's fresher in the memory and I watched a lot more than any other year. I ended last year with Daicos, Horne-Francis and Callaghan in 1, 2 and 3 overall for reference, mix in the boys from this year it's;

1. Wardlaw
2. Daicos
3. Jason Horne-Francis
4. Ashcroft
5. Callaghan
6. Tsatas

but it's not worlds apart between any of them, 6 players that all played a similar position but go about it very differently

I'd have Callaghan ahead but I've also seen him a lot more. I think Finn has a level of composure that Tsatas hasn't quite found yet, and his defensive work is well ahead. In saying that, Tsatas has more athleticism to him for sure and is stronger around stoppages.
Thanks a lot mate. Great to have people like yourself putting in great effort this early in the year. Cheers 👍🏻

I'll do last years draft class given it's fresher in the memory and I watched a lot more than any other year. I ended last year with Daicos, Horne-Francis and Callaghan in 1, 2 and 3 overall for reference, mix in the boys from this year it's;

1. Wardlaw
2. Daicos
3. Jason Horne-Francis
4. Ashcroft
5. Callaghan
6. Tsatas

but it's not worlds apart between any of them, 6 players that all played a similar position but go about it very differently
Great job. Personally I’d have daicos and Ashcroft best two juniors I have seen.
On another note when are the 18’s vic country & metro squads released?

May Rankings Update
01.05.22.PNG
Great start to the footballing year from an Under 18s perspective, and of course plenty of risers and sliders around the crop. Don't think any of the names in my top 20 are going to be new to people, maybe MacKenzie.

All of these guys have impressed to some degree early in the year, with a little bit of U17s form helping some others to hold their spots. The big riser in my eyes has been Tom Scully, coming into the year I thought he was one pretty far from a first round selection, but his production so far this year has been undeniable. I'm still cautious to go full ball and claim him as a top 10 prospect, he's performing well but it's hard to tell how much of what he's doing is due to his massive size advantage at the level, like most others I'm hoping he gets some Reserves football and waiting until we see the champs to really lock in a view on him. Ryan and Phillipou are two I had in the 20-40 bracket coming into the year but have forced their way into my top 20 after addressing some of the concerns I had over them, Phillipou was one that I knew was an exciting talent but wasn't convionced by his defensive work or general application to the game at times, whilst he's still not 100% there defensively he's gone for everything in his area on field early on, whether he transitions into a midfielder or general forward at the next level or not will be interesting to watch, I'm pretty confident he'll turn into a good player regardless.

Naturally this early on in the year I'm not super confident in my top 20, there's about 15 players I 'considered' for it along the way to give an idea of the closeness towards the backend. It was mainly Jaspa Fletcher, Isaac Keeler, Alwyn Davey Jnr., Jonti Schuback and Brayden George that I had in there at various points when revisiting my notes/ over the last month

Watched the replay of Bendigo v Gippsland last night, Duursma obviously got his wraps for a 6 goal effort, but another 2023 prospect in Harley Reid was also really impressive spending more time in the midfield than he has in the opening few rounds, has some fantastic burst from congestion which makes him a danger around stoppages, as it stands he's my number 2 for 2023 currently.

Gillbee is going to be a coaches dream at the next level, so versatile and always on the move, played in every third to a good level, and I think someone is going to get a steal with Schuback in the second round, just class out of defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay of Bendigo v Gippsland last night, Duursma obviously got his wraps for a 6 goal effort, but another 2023 prospect in Harley Reid was also really impressive spending more time in the midfield than he has in the opening few rounds, has some fantastic burst from congestion which makes him a danger around stoppages, as it stands he's my number 2 for 2023 currently.

Gillbee is going to be a coaches dream at the next level, so versatile and always on the move, played in every third to a good level, and I think someone is going to get a steal with Schuback in the second round, just class out of defence
What's Gilbee's draft range?

Don’t get me wrong, Watson is a star and is destined to be drafted but at 168cm I cant see him going #1. Compare Cody Weightman to him. Pick #15 and 178cm. Or Rachele at pick #6 & 180cm. The best small forwards tend To be anywhere from #5 to #15. But having said this if he does go #1 I don’t think anyone will be surprised. 🌟

Don’t get me wrong, Watson is a star and is destined to be drafted but at 168cm I cant see him going #1. Compare Cody Weightman to him. Pick #15 and 178cm. Or Rachele at pick #6 & 180cm. The best small forwards tend To be anywhere from #5 to #15. But having said this if he does go #1 I don’t think anyone will be surprised. 🌟
Ah yes, but this is my rankings I'm talking about, not predicted draft order

I'm sure he'll get a go in the middle next year. He's got that nuggety strength that might allow him to succeed in there even with his diminutive stature. Hell, maybe he'll have a late growth spurt? A 6 foot Nick Watson would be scary.

I just looked at the details, absolutely a heavy price.

For Norths sake, I hope he becomes a gun.
Hopefully. It was a classic psd case. I was furious at the time. Mildly annoyed still. But hey what do my opinion count for

Hopefully. It was a classic psd case. I was furious at the time. Mildly annoyed still. But hey what do my opinion count for
Honestly, it was borderline negligence from North Melbourne.

The AFL gives rebuilding teams opportunities to improve their list, and it is negligent to not take advantage of everything that's offered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back