Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1438825
It's getting kind of ridiculous how more footy is being played this year than last year and I still feel more unsure about my rankings than ever. For me currently, that Top 15 is pretty clear, but from there it's a big list of question marks and too many justifications for not having a player top 20 rather than the other way around, if it weren't for consistency's sake I would've just gone with a top 15 this month tbh. It's a shame that Wardlaw, Tsatas and George are unsighted in the champs currently, George I genuinely think would be leading the Country goal scoring if he was in there.

but yeah here it is, it's real, it's good, but it's not real good
No D'Aloia in the top 20??

Hey Bangers, love your work. How do you see Reuben Ginbey? Impressed by his performance yesterday?
Generally with my eyes cobba

Nah just pulling your leg, I like his size and competitiveness, a nice mix of athleticism as well. I think he's a defender at the next level, so would like to see a bit more of him there for WA
No D'Aloia in the top 20??
Nah doesn't look like it

Generally with my eyes cobba

Nah just pulling your leg, I like his size and competitiveness, a nice mix of athleticism as well. I think he's a defender at the next level, so would like to see a bit more of him there for WA

Nah doesn't look like it
I've liked the look of D'Aloia, tough inside mid but has good skills aswell, any reason for not being top 20?

I've liked the look of D'Aloia, tough inside mid but has good skills aswell, any reason for not being top 20?
Great hands in close yes, but his kicking is closer to passable than it is to good. He's a work horse inside mid with limited outside damage/ accumulation, so for me he's more a 20-35

Great hands in close yes, but his kicking is closer to passable than it is to good. He's a work horse inside mid with limited outside damage/ accumulation, so for me he's more a 20-35
Reckon there's a genuine chance that Hawthorn get one of Phillipou, Wardlaw, Sheezel or Tsatas with our first and another mid like D'Aloia with our 2nd? We need mids bad.

What type of mids? I thought you had a few already.
We have Ward, seems to be someone abit like a Walsh. CMac will be a good mid too with how smooth a mover, classy and one touch he is (also tough.)
Newcombe is a good mid and will only get better as the big bodied impact inside mid (Petracca esque).

It's just about continuing to build on this, add in another high draft pick mid this year and a 2nd in the 2nd round and the part of the ground that was a weakness starts to build.

Say Phillipou and D'Aloia.

Day, Newcombe, CMac
Reeves, Ward, Phillipou

D'Aloia.

Looks good already (if something like this happens.)

We just need mids and mid depth.

Reckon there's a genuine chance that Hawthorn get one of Phillipou, Wardlaw, Sheezel or Tsatas with our first and another mid like D'Aloia with our 2nd? We need mids bad.
Probably a great chance if that's what the club wanted to do. It'd probably make sense to go for Sheezel first given how dynamic he is and the ability to play multiple roles

Hey mr PMBangers, thoughts on the draft pool as a whole?

My gut feel is that it isn’t as deep as the previous two years, and we might see fewer picks this year.
I hate it

Nah it's not that bad, there's just a lot more question marks on prospects from 15 onwards than I can recall from previous years, like I said in the rankings update the guys from 16-20 are guys I'd consider more 25+ prospects in other years, but we've still got half the Champs to play out so hopefully it takes a bit more shape over the next month of footy, but it's never promising when Metro have poor depth within their squad and I feel they do this year. Then obviously a lot of the guys we were optimistic about 8-12 months ago like Lemmey, Broadbent, etc. that made us so excited for this year just haven't shown any improvement, so I feel like we're going to see a lot more 'risks' taken earlier this year and possibly some bargains in the 20's/30's as a result

Overall though no, I'm not overly optimistic on the depth, can't say I'm overly confident on a lot of the kids outside my top 15 making it at the next level

Was really impressed with Cadman yesterday. Seems to be some decent tall forwards this year. Who would you consider the best small forward as we go into the back end of the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was really impressed with Cadman yesterday. Seems to be some decent tall forwards this year. Who would you consider the best small forward as we go into the back end of the season?
As a true 'small' it's Jacob Konstanty for me, with Charlie Clarke not far behind

Is there any indication whether Wardlaw will play any champs?
Touch and go for the next game at GMHBA I believe, should be locked in for the final game v Country given how far away it is

I hate it

Nah it's not that bad, there's just a lot more question marks on prospects from 15 onwards than I can recall from previous years, like I said in the rankings update the guys from 16-20 are guys I'd consider more 25+ prospects in other years, but we've still got half the Champs to play out so hopefully it takes a bit more shape over the next month of footy, but it's never promising when Metro have poor depth within their squad and I feel they do this year. Then obviously a lot of the guys we were optimistic about 8-12 months ago like Lemmey, Broadbent, etc. that made us so excited for this year just haven't shown any improvement, so I feel like we're going to see a lot more 'risks' taken earlier this year and possibly some bargains in the 20's/30's as a result

Overall though no, I'm not overly optimistic on the depth, can't say I'm overly confident on a lot of the kids outside my top 15 making it at the next level
That’s the impression I have, from reading the BigFooty draft watchers.

I wonder how much of an impact having the NAB League back on, has impacted your ability to watch as much SA and WA football as well.

It appeared last year, that you were all right across the SA and WA talent, and were talking about the “depth” players all year, and not just the top end talent.

Where as this year, there’s been very little discussion of interstate players, outside of the top kids.

View attachment 1438825
It's getting kind of ridiculous how more footy is being played this year than last year and I still feel more unsure about my rankings than ever. For me currently, that Top 15 is pretty clear, but from there it's a big list of question marks and too many justifications for not having a player top 20 rather than the other way around, if it weren't for consistency's sake I would've just gone with a top 15 this month tbh. It's a shame that Wardlaw, Tsatas and George are unsighted in the champs currently, George I genuinely think would be leading the Country goal scoring if he was in there.

but yeah here it is, it's real, it's good, but it's not real good
Surprised you have Buss and Jefferson ranked so highly.

I know Jefferson kicked 7, but I think he'll struggle at AFL level. He's too passive for my liking, reminds me of Schache in that regard.

Touch and go for the next game at GMHBA I believe, should be locked in for the final game v Country given how far away it is

Good to hear; pretty frustrating as a WC fan, was hanging out to see him at state level.

On another note, how high do you think Cam McKenzie could go? Thought he looked fantastic on the weekend.

That’s the impression I have, from reading the BigFooty draft watchers.

I wonder how much of an impact having the NAB League back on, has impacted your ability to watch as much SA and WA football as well.

It appeared last year, that you were all right across the SA and WA talent, and were talking about the “depth” players all year, and not just the top end talent.

Where as this year, there’s been very little discussion of interstate players, outside of the top kids.
Yeah no secret I'm more limited there, I've been able to catch one or two of the other states matches each week on replay, usually I'll try and pick teams I haven't seen for a while but to be honest if I see a player I know is a high end talent has done well stats wise I'm choosing that game, unfortunately I'm unlikely to find my James Tunstill this year because of it, but it's the reality of working full-time, playing my own footy, coaching footy and balancing this as a hobby.

Surprised you have Buss and Jefferson ranked so highly.

I know Jefferson kicked 7, but I think he'll struggle at AFL level. He's too passive for my liking, reminds me of Schache in that regard.
Think we've already had this discussion, to me Jefferson has a lot of transferable traits in his play style and marking to be a good player at the next level, sometimes he can lack aggression but it's an area he's improved on as the years gone by imo, especially at school level

Good to hear; pretty frustrating as a WC fan, was hanging out to see him at state level.

On another note, how high do you think Cam McKenzie could go? Thought he looked fantastic on the weekend.
McKenzie could go in the top 5 if a club is really keen on a big bodied midfielder and they're not convinced of Hewett's athleticism/ game, but I don't see that happening personally. At this stage I'd be shocked if he slipped outside of the top 15 though

Probably a great chance if that's what the club wanted to do. It'd probably make sense to go for Sheezel first given how dynamic he is and the ability to play multiple roles
Getting he and then another pure mid would be awesome and recommendations alongside D’Aloia for the 2nd round?

And how mid ready would Sheezel be?

Think we've already had this discussion, to me Jefferson has a lot of transferable traits in his play style and marking to be a good player at the next level, sometimes he can lack aggression but it's an area he's improved on as the years gone by imo, especially at school
Yeah, I think we have discussed it now you mention it.
I have an aversion to any player (particularly a KF) whose on field temperament reminds me of Brander.

New question, have you heard anything regarding Harry Sheezel being a "flight risk"?
A few on the Eagle's board seem to think he is.

He was running strongly earlier this week. TBH I reckon he’s probably preparing himself for a strong finals campaign. Gippsland v Chargers this wknd should be a ripper game.

Getting he and then another pure mid would be awesome and recommendations alongside D’Aloia for the 2nd round?

And how mid ready would Sheezel be?
D'Aloia will likely be the best available tbh, or Kobe Ryan, the others I have are more flankers. Not sure he's a mid at the next level, a lot of his good performances through there have been against poor opposition, when he does it against an Oakleigh or Gippsland or a Champs side that isn't the Allies that's when I'll get excited about it.

Yeah, I think we have discussed it now you mention it.
I have an aversion to any player (particularly a KF) whose on field temperament reminds me of Brander.

New question, have you heard anything regarding Harry Sheezel being a "flight risk"?
A few on the Eagle's board seem to think he is.
I can't say I've heard anything specifically, but he's made it no secret how close he is to his family and community, so I assume that's where it's coming from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back