Draft Expert PMBangers 2023 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great work PM.

Who missed that was unlucky and to watch out for in the rookie draft?
To be honest most of the guys i had pegged as National Draft worthy got picked up; Kade De La Rue, Ry Cantwell, Geordie Payne and Koen Sanchez are the only 4 left that would be 'unlucky'

I think we can all agree that the Giants won the draft.
It's not often that you draft 4 future hall of famers in the one draft, but we've managed it.
Cant believe that we got the 4 best players in the entire draft. Amazing result.

I think we can all agree that the Giants won the draft.
It's not often that you draft 4 future hall of famers in the one draft, but we've managed it.
Cant believe that we got the 4 best players in the entire draft. Amazing result.
Serious tunnel vision for Gothard TBH.
Will be interesting to see if he's the player Caruso and co think he will be.

Serious tunnel vision for Gothard TBH.
Will be interesting to see if he's the player Caruso and co think he will be.
pretty normal for the recruiters to end up tied to a player by the end, the difference here is that Caruso is infatuated with a player that wasn't on the radar for others.
He was super bullish about him.
If WCE struggle next year and that pick we knocked back ends up pick 1, Caruso will be really hoping that the 2 we got this year become serious players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh my, what a draft!

Just some closing thoughts on the draft year and then some comments on 2023;

Port Adelaide have done remarkably well within the draft considering the hand they came in with, Charleson has been one of my absolute favourites this year and I think he's a chance to be playing in that side regularly next season, whilst Anastasopoulos and Lorenz have AFL level traits that should see them effective contributors once they add some more size, and Xavier Walsh in the rookie draft will prove to be a steal as well I imagine. I also think St Kilda had a very good draft, all 4 picks they brought in offer speed which was a focus of theirs heading in, and I can see Schoenmaker fitting in well to Ross's game plan well once he fixes his running.

I'm not putting out an early 2024 rankings because those always seem to go awfully wrong, but on the watching I've been doing recently I think there's a good crop coming through, particularly for midfielders, but feel the gap between the top 5 or so and the rest is pretty big at the moment

Hey PMBangers what are your thoughts on the eagles overall draft haul?
Pretty good really, Hall as a meat and potatoes midfielder to play with Hewett, Ginbey and Reid is an underrated Pick up imo, as long as he can get hands off to those guys consistently, he'll have a spot in the side. Harvey Johnston I was high on all year, has an incredibly good evasive skill and general clean disposal as a high half forward, but could push into the midfield in time.

Archer Reid wasn't bad for where he was taken, but I probably would've gone a defender instead

Pretty good really, Hall as a meat and potatoes midfielder to play with Hewett, Ginbey and Reid is an underrated Pick up imo, as long as he can get hands off to those guys consistently, he'll have a spot in the side. Harvey Johnston I was high on all year, has an incredibly good evasive skill and general clean disposal as a high half forward, but could push into the midfield in time.

Archer Reid wasn't bad for where he was taken, but I probably would've gone a defender instead

Yeah a lot of supporters were keen on zz and thought the archer reid pick was odd considering the Livingstone nga nomination and Simpson coming out recently saying he sees Bailey Williams as more of a forward
I dont know anything about Johnston so good to hear you think he's got potential

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What about Harley Reid? I don't know much about him.

Johnston reminds me so much of Dom Sheed, albeit a better athlete. Has the long limbs, big hands, plenty of time with the ball and very similar handballing style.

Last edited:
What about Harley Reid? I don't know much about him.

Johnston reminds me so much of Dom Sheed, albeit a better athlete. Has the long limbs, big hands, plenty of time with the ball and very similar handballing style.
What an awful thing to say

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back