Draft Expert PMBangers 2023 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Zane Duursma challenge Reid for the no.1 spot throughout the season. Has all the tools..
I think he could if he really takes a midfield role by storm which he'll get the opportunity to do pretty early on. They've both got different strengths and RFIs, but Duursma's kicking is more impressive, if he can start to show it more it could push him up

Any concerns about Harley Reid being an early developer who falls back to the pack as others get stronger?

From what I've seen, Watson looks great. Is it just about not drafting someone that short too high or is there another weakness to his game?

A lot can happen over the course of the season, I expect the rankings to change substantially throughout the year. That said, I love seeing the early rankings and watching how opinions evolve is interesting.

Any concerns about Harley Reid being an early developer who falls back to the pack as others get stronger?

From what I've seen, Watson looks great. Is it just about not drafting someone that short too high or is there another weakness to his game?
Certainly I don't think he's got much development left in terms of strength and power so there's a slight concern in that regard, but I'm optimistic on the fact that a lot of what he does is more technique/ approach based than size advantage based, even without the one-on-one grappling contest stuff he's a ridiculously good prospect. TBH, given how proven he us already as a contested player, I'm almost more keen to see him used on the outside a bit more so we can see where his fitness is at, and whether he maintains a similar impact away from the contest

Watson's height and how it translates is the main concern, but naturally you always want to see a bit 'more' from forwards at junior level, how he goes in the midfield or backline would be interesting given how Caleb Daniels career has panned out, and a little more team focus at times wouldn't hurt

If melbourne lose Pickett, I reckon we'll be all over Watson. Whatever it takes.

Ryley has been in our NGA Academy and training camps since u/12's fwiw.

Purely around his ethnicity eligibility, I would of thought that's pretty straight forward.

Ryley has been in our NGA Academy and training camps since u/12's fwiw.

Purely around his ethnicity eligibility, I would have thought that's pretty straight forward.

He will go top 40 anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Alex Tsia a genuine small forward, or a mid who's pushed forward because he's short?
The times I've seen him play he's been a forward that's pushed up the ground a lot and rotated as a midfielder

A very strong start to the Coates season by the Rookie Me Central team. Both written and podcast analysis are great. A much more broad view than the usual repetitive gaff we get from other so called experts 😳

A very strong start to the Coates season by the Rookie Me Central team. Both written and podcast analysis are great. A much more broad view than the usual repetitive gaff we get from other so called experts 😳
We're not the #bestinthebusiness for no reason

disregard that I'm not attending games the next two weeks please

Just checked my Apple Podcast feed. See they dropped the episode yesterday, you know, when I’m at work and then went straight to the game last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back