Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

My impression was they were demanding our next selection as well as a future first in order for us to jump ahead of the bid, so I think we went the best way possible and just copped it rather than pay two first rounders, just to be forced to match a bid a few picks later
My interpretation was that Sydney's offer was; trade Sydney a 2023 first round and pick 31 for pick for 16 (originally 14), and we won't bid on Rowston. Don't make the trade, and we'll bid on Rowston and you can choose to match with pick 17 or lose him to us.

Would have given GWS 16, 17, 20 and 22.

My interpretation was that Sydney's offer was; trade Sydney a 2023 first round and pick 31 for pick for 16 (originally 14), and we won't bid on Rowston. Don't make the trade, and we'll bid on Rowston and you can choose to match with pick 17 or lose him to us.

Yeah but once they had made that trade sydney could simply have gone back on that and bid on rowston at 17 forcing gws to give up 20 anyway. They were on a hiding to nothing there

Yeah but once they had made that trade sydney could simply have gone back on that and bid on rowston at 17 forcing gws to give up 20 anyway. They were on a hiding to nothing there
How often are clubs going to go back on their word to another club, especially about a trade?

That type of news would spread around the industry very fast. And Sydney would probably find themselves on every clubs sh!t list.

How often are clubs going to go back on their word to another club, especially about a trade?

That type of news would spread around the industry very fast. And Sydney would probably find themselves on every clubs sh!t list.

Maybe but sydney could have done it and i doubt gws trusted them not to which is partly why they didnt do the trade (that and they likely rate next years draft).

Think we are miles better off doing what we did and stay in next year's first.
The difference is probably Toby 3 instead of Konstanty and we keep a first rounder.
I'm ok with that.
Rightfully or wrongly I wasn't big on Konstanty and think that Toby 3 is comparable.
I could end up being way wrong.

Think we are miles better off doing what we did and stay in next year's first.
The difference is probably Toby 3 instead of Konstanty and we keep a first rounder.
I'm ok with that.
Rightfully or wrongly I wasn't big on Konstanty and think that Toby 3 is comparable.
I could end up being way wrong.
I agree you were better off keeping the future first.

I was surprised you didn’t go Olli Hotton at your fifth pick, as I thought he was by far the best prospect still on board, and he appeared to fit a need.

But quite a few clubs passed on Hotton, compared to where I thought he should go.

Hey PMBangers.

Wanted to hear your thoughts on how the 2022 draftees are going so far.

Any player surprising you or demonstrating a facet to their game they didn't display before?

For example, I wonder if many people saw Sheezel start his career as a high accumulating HBF.

Hey PMBangers.

Wanted to hear your thoughts on how the 2022 draftees are going so far.

Any player surprising you or demonstrating a facet to their game they didn't display before?

For example, I wonder if many people saw Sheezel start his career as a high accumulating HBF.
Harry Rowston getting an early season debut and not looking out of his depth isn't something I was predicting, but that's through rose tinted glasses as well.

I was really high on Noah Long pretty much all of 2022, so I've not been surprised by what he's shown but I'm surprised at how quickly he's shown it for the Eagles, especially considering 12 months ago he hadn't played any significant chunk of footy as a forward.

Maybe but sydney could have done it and i doubt gws trusted them not to which is partly why they didnt do the trade (that and they likely rate next years draft).
That's the most insane comment I've ever heard. You're forgetting Sydney's deal with the Eagles that when we recruited Blakey, that relied on considerable trust from both parties. You think we'd throw away our reputation for shits and giggles? Absurd.

Harry Rowston getting an early season debut and not looking out of his depth isn't something I was predicting, but that's through rose tinted glasses as well.

I was really high on Noah Long pretty much all of 2022, so I've not been surprised by what he's shown but I'm surprised at how quickly he's shown it for the Eagles, especially considering 12 months ago he hadn't played any significant chunk of footy as a forward
Forgot about Rowston, seems a great pick up for you guys.

Yeah, considering Long looks 15 he has settled into the senior line up very well. He will be a crowd favourite for a long time I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back