Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

PocketRocket08

Senior List
Apr 26, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Champs over and done with, my notes on some of the players from the final game will be out in the coming days on rookiemecentral, because I know how much you all love my worthless thoughts I will share it here 🤗

Ashcroft a deserving Larke Medallist, the kid has had an award packed year with this, the BOG honours in the Granny, a Premiership medal, TOTY selection, undoubtedly team of the Champs selection and probably going to get taken Number 1 Overall, he's been utterly dominant, I reckon he could've had 2touches today and still won the medal tbh.

And with that, worthwhile taking a punt at the team of the champs, or at least what my team of the champs is;

B Lewis Hayes (VIC Metro) - Tom McCallum (ALL) - Jakob Ryan (SA)
HB Harley Reid (VIC Country) - Josh Weddle (VIC Metro) - Max Michalanny (SA)
C Darcy Jones (WA) - Will Ashcroft (VIC Metro) - Billy Dowling (SA)
HF Harry Sheezel (VIC Metro) - Aaron Cadman (VIC Country) - Nick Watson (VIC Metro)
FF Jed Walter (ALL) - Matthew Jefferson (VIC Metro) - Harry Rowston (ALL)
FOL Harry Barnett (SA) - Jhye Clark (VIC Country) - Reuben Ginbey (WA)
INT Mattaes Phillipou (SA) - Oliver Hollands (VIC Country) - Cam Mackenzie (VIC Metro) - Adam D'Aloia (SA)
Great job as always. Not sure Watson should be in the team ahead of Hotton.
Hotton quiet today but a pretty great series IMO !!

PocketRocket08

Senior List
Apr 26, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I agree although I really like Charlie Clarke as the small fwd.
Yeah I’m a big fan of Clarke probably not in the mix to be in the Team of the champs but I have him best small fwd in draft, with plenty of upside. I look fwd to see how he is in 3/4 years. Looks a Papley clone for mine. Can have midfield impact also. Sheezel Humphrey as medium fwds. if Humphrey tidied up his finishing he has star written all over him.
A few others have said this but I also believe gems are all over this draft. So many players have had some really good moments and showed real AFL quality, while also having quiet games. I put a lot of this down to covid. Some only played a handful of games last year and no games in 2020. So
It’s been a full on season some play well over 20 games. So fatigue must be a factor of their inconsistency.
I agree although I really like Charlie Clarke as the small fwd.

Futbolista

Club Legend
May 15, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Has the final 44 for the Grand Final 17's exhibition match been named? Keeping in mind that Subiaco have released Koltyn Tholstrup while Peel have not released Clay Hall, Mitch Edwards or Ethan Logan.

None of the other four WA players are involved in finals - let alone this weekend's Preliminary Final - so no problem there.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has the final 44 for the Grand Final 17's exhibition match been named? Keeping in mind that Subiaco have released Koltyn Tholstrup while Peel have not released Clay Hall, Mitch Edwards or Ethan Logan.

None of the other four WA players are involved in finals - let alone this weekend's Preliminary Final - so no problem there.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
GC out: Bowes, 7
GC in: ESS F2

Ess out: 4, 22, F2
Ess in: 1,12

NM out: 1
NM in: 4, 19, 22

GWS out: 12 (Rich), 19 (Rich)
GWS in: 7
Thanks, I hate it

Dudoro

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks, I hate it
The thinking Essendon take Cadman and next best at 12. NM get more picks while still holding an early pick. GC clear Bowes contract and get future points. GWS improve position as will have many picks after trade with Richmond.
But yes GWS may have slightly been shafted

pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I’m a big fan of Clarke probably not in the mix to be in the Team of the champs but I have him best small fwd in draft, with plenty of upside. I look fwd to see how he is in 3/4 years. Looks a Papley clone for mine. Can have midfield impact also. Sheezel Humphrey as medium fwds. if Humphrey tidied up his finishing he has star written all over him.
A few others have said this but I also believe gems are all over this draft. So many players have had some really good moments and showed real AFL quality, while also having quiet games. I put a lot of this down to covid. Some only played a handful of games last year and no games in 2020. So
It’s been a full on season some play well over 20 games. So fatigue must be a factor of their inconsistency.
When Harley Reid was on Watson he slaughtered Watson. If u were at the game it was obvious to see Watson was out of his depth on Reid. I know that is probably hard to hear for many on here ;-) Watson got off the leash when Reid went into the mid and fwd in the second half. The back half of the season many of Watsons goals come from free kicks, however, the crumbing goal Watson did yesterday was elite. I haven't seen him kick a goal like that for a long time. So for me Watson doesn't make the Aust team. But happy to be proven wrong.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
The thinking Essendon take Cadman and next best at 12. NM get more picks while still holding an early pick. GC clear Bowes contract and get future points. GWS improve position as will have many picks after trade with Richmond.
But yes GWS may have slightly been shafted
I'm more confused about where Bowes goes, are Gold Coast firing him out of a cannon into the sun?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
PMBangers, you previously noted you probably would (as GWS) trade picks #21 and #23 (assuming Amon and McStay get Band 2 compo) for Dogs pick #11.

Would Pick #11 for #21, #23 and #41 be too greedy?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
PMBangers, you previously noted you probably would (as GWS) trade picks #21 and #23 (assuming Amon and McStay get Band 2 compo) for Dogs pick #11.

Would Pick #11 for #21, #23 and #41 be too greedy?
I think we'd take that, especially if we do get Richmond's 12, having those back to back first rounders would be a great result and allow us to target some specific players in that range that'd fit us like Hollands, possibly Clark, Busslinger, Hotton, etc.

But if I'm being picky, I'd rather turn one of those first rounders (11 or 12) into a 2023 first.

Think in this scenario Bowes must have been donated to the AFL
Sacrificed for more sportsbet ads no doubt

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Anything that keeps Nathan Brown telling me who to bet on between games
"Hello punters, we've got some hot offers on the U17's Grand Final Day All-Star Game! The odds started off in favour of Jed Walter for the leading goal kicker on field, and have continued to back to Suns prospect since and sportsbet have decided to up the odds on a special market. Jed Walter to equal or better the goal tally of William McCabe, Daniel Curtin, Arie Schoenmakers and Archie Roberts is paying a generous $5.50, and if I was a betting man I'd be getting a second mortage on my house to back this one!"
Gamble Responsibly

pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Hello punters, we've got some hot offers on the U17's Grand Final Day All-Star Game! The odds started off in favour of Jed Walter for the leading goal kicker on field, and have continued to back to Suns prospect since and sportsbet have decided to up the odds on a special market. Jed Walter to equal or better the goal tally of William McCabe, Daniel Curtin, Arie Schoenmakers and Archie Roberts is paying a generous $5.50, and if I was a betting man I'd be getting a second mortage on my house to back this one!"
Gamble Responsibly
Looking at the teams Jed Walter will get a good look at it with some of the players in his team providing great service.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

Pretty hard to narrow it down to the 8 per team, had notes of some impressive plays from essentially everyone on ground. Max Knobel in particular really impressed me with his ruck craft, haven't really seen him dominate with his hitouts like he did against Metro. Copper Vickery also played what I'd say is his best game for the year, as did Oscar Murdoch. Jaxon Binns was very clean which was a nice change of pace from the prior champs.

For Metro, Gruzewski was good for a 5 minute patch, but is more of a defender for me at the next level until his forward craft develops. Clarke, Watson and Pascu all had their moments as well, but there wasn't much 'new' that they showed

Futbolista

Club Legend
May 15, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Pretty hard to narrow it down to the 8 per team, had notes of some impressive plays from essentially everyone on ground. Max Knobel in particular really impressed me with his ruck craft, haven't really seen him dominate with his hitouts like he did against Metro. Copper Vickery also played what I'd say is his best game for the year, as did Oscar Murdoch. Jaxon Binns was very clean which was a nice change of pace from the prior champs.

For Metro, Gruzewski was good for a 5 minute patch, but is more of a defender for me at the next level until his forward craft develops. Clarke, Watson and Pascu all had their moments as well, but there wasn't much 'new' that they showed
As a non expert on Vic, I really liked that kid Murdoch......apart from the big names, he's the one I really noticed.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back