Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Like Everyone else on the forum, I don't claim to be an expert, but I feel I've watched enough of U18 footy this year to have a phantom, any questions or feedback is welcome!

Pick 1- Brisbane Lions - Cameron Rayner
General Forward/ Balanced Midfielder
Western Jets
187 cm 87 kg

To me, I think LDU should be the one the Lions go for to replace Rockliff but I feel that with picks 15 and 18 they're well poised to take some full-time midfielders later on. Rayner does things other players can't, he can win games off his own boot. Brisbane is in need of some real X-Factor and brilliance which is what Rayner brings to the team, dangerous around goal and stoppages all he needs to do is build his tank up
Also in the mix: Paddy Dow, Luke Davies- Uniake

Pick 2- Fremantle (From Gold Coast) - Paddy Dow
Balanced Midfielder
Bendigo Pioneers
185 cm 78 kg

Dow is going to be a star for Fremantle. He brings speed to stoppages and around the midfield with a deadly kick causes havoc for teams to deal with. He's earnt comparisons to Dangerfield which with his explosiveness and ability to dominate the midfield but also go forward and kick goals is no surprise
Also in the mix: Cameron Rayner, Luke Davies-Uniake

Pick 3- Carlton - Luke Davies-Uniake
Inside Midfielder
Dandenong Stingrays
187 cm 85 kg

A real tough midfield presence. He has the ability and size to play round 1 and fill the hole left by Gibbs. I think he's the best player in the draft and can see him playing 200+ games easily.
Also in the mix: Cameron Rayner, Adam Cerra

Pick 4- North Melbourne - Adam Cerra
Inside Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
186 cm 80 kg

Cerra is one of the cleanest players in the draft in terms of disposal, with the ability to use both sides of his body very well he is someone that comes in and adds class to a midfield that lacks just that. He is someone that can really complement the ball-winning ability of Ziebell and Cunnington.
Also in the mix: Luke Davies-Uniake, Jaidyn Stephenson

Pick 5- Fremantle - Darcy Fogarty
General Forward
Glenelg
192 cm 95 kg

After mistaken one of Fremantle's players I've realized that Fremantle will be taking Fogarty on the night. He's a powerful 3rd tall type of forward in a Jake Stringer mould that will be able to slot in and make an impact
Also in the mix: Jaidyn Stephenson, Andrew Brayshaw

Pick 6- Collingwood - Nicholas Coffield
General Defender/ Balanced Midfielder
Northern Knights
191 cm 82 kg

One that I know a lot of Collingwood fans are excited about and have their fingers crossed for Coffield is a very good player. Been likened to Scott Pendlebury in the way he moves and weaves with time when he has the ball in hand, he'll start as a third tall type of defender and eventually make his way into the midfield
Also in the mix: Jaidyn Stephenson, Darcy Fogarty

Pick 7- St.Kilda (From Hawthorn) - Jaidyn Stephenson
General Forward/ Outside Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
189 cm 75 kg

To me the saints are going two of Stephenson, Coffield, Brayshaw, and Cerra, maybe Fogarty is in there as well. They'll be looking to add to their midfield and forward line which is what they'd be doing taking two of those players. Stephenson is a genuine X-Factor, and despite the concerns over his kicking, I think he may well develop into the best player from this draft with speed, work ethic and a great set of hands he's a perfect pick up for the saints.

Pick 8- St.Kilda - Andrew Brayshaw
Balanced Midfielder
Sandringham Dragons
184 cm 82 kg

The saints love him and they're right to. Much like his brother, he's as hard as a cats head but also has clean disposal. What sets Brayshaw apart from the pack for me is his ability to bring teammates into the game, and also the ability to switch from inside to outside seamlessly
Also in the mix: Darcy Fogarty, Nicholas Coffield, Adam Cerra

Pick 9- Western Bulldogs - Nathan Murphy
General Forward/ General Defender
Sandringham Dragons
188 cm 80 kg

2 months ago this kid was unheard of but he's shot up everyone's draft boards all of the sudden and there is a good reason why. He's a solid unit with the ability to play at both ends of the ground and extremely raw, which means clubs can develop him without having prior development get in the way. He plays as a third tall at both ends of the ground and can really fill either of the roles that Stringer or Boyd played
Also in the mix: Charlie Constable, Jack Higgins

Pick 10- Carlton (From Melbourne via Adelaide) - Charlie Constable
General Defender/ Inside Midfielder
Sandringham Dragons
190 cm 86 kg

One of the cleaner and smarter players in the draft, despite his lack of speed he always finds a way to lock down and win contests. Down back he's brilliant with fantastic hands and a good kick, I think he'd be able to free up Simpson or Docherty for a few years then move into the midfield on a more permanent basis
Also in the mix: Hunter Clark, Aidan Bonar

Pick 11- GWS (From Essendon) - Hunter Clark
Inside Midfielder/ General Defender
Dandenong Stingrays
186 cm 80 kg

Clark is a player that really excites me. Realistically Higgins will come to us if he's still available but with the small forward options available at our later picks I'd be happy skipping him here. Back to Clark he's a player willing to put his body on the line to win the footy, he's a bloke that lives to win the footy and wears his heart on his sleeve, which is something we need more of
Also in the mix: Lochie O'Brien, Jack Higgins

Pick 12- Adelaide (From Port Adelaide via Brisbane) - Aaron Naughton
Tall Defender
Peel Thunder
194 cm 85kg

I can't believe that a Key Defender this good has lasted this long, especially with Collingwood having an earlier selection but he lands at Adelaide here as a suitable replacement for Jake Lever. He's a great intercept mark that shows great speed and decision making on the ground. needs to work on his kicking
Also in the mix: Aidan Bonar, Jarrod Brander

Pick 13- West Coast - Jack Higgins
Small Forward/ Inside Midfielder
Oakleigh Chargers
178 cm 77kg

Higgins suits West Coast so much. They have come out and said they'll be taking midfielders and small forwards and that's what Higgins is. With some of the best footy smarts in the draft he would have played in most sides this year had he been on their list, he shapes up as a round 1 selection and an immediate fix to West Coast midfield problem
Also in contention: Hunter Clark, Aidan Bonar

Pick 14 - Sydney - Lochie O'Brien
Outside Midfielder
Bendigo Pioneers
184 cm 77 kg

Sydney is lacking outside speed and class past Florent, Jones and possibly Heeney. O'Brien is a fantastic left foot kick with piercing forward 50 entries and speed. I think Sydney is a team where his lack of willingness to get contested balls won't be exposed as much as they have a very solid inside brigade
Also in the mix: Noah Balta, Jarrod Brander

Pick 15- Brisbane (From Geelong via GWS, Carlton, Richmond) - Aidan Bonar
General Forward/ Inside Midfielder
Dandenong Stingrays
187 cm 87 kg

I think Brisbane has taken plenty of safe picks over the years, but safe picks don't win you flags, it's time to stick their necks out and take a risky pick. I think Bonar has shown a lot since coming back from his ACL injuries, including endeavour and persistence which is something that Brisbane need in their playing group
Also in the mix: Lachlan Fogarty, Lochie O'Brien

Pick 16- Western Bulldogs (From Adelaide via Carlton) - Lachlan Fogarty
General Forward/ Balanced Midfielder
Western Jets
179 cm 75 kg

Possesses that versatility and classy disposal that Bevo loves. He's played second fiddle to Rayner all year but has proven he can stand up on his own. Has great speed and agility, already trained with the bulldogs I believe
Also in the mix: Joel Garner, Ed Richards

Pick 17- Richmond - Oscar Allen
Tall Forward
West Perth
191cm 82 kg

I think he's a better prospect than brander hence I have him here instead of Brander. Oscar is an extremely athletic key forward who fits into that high-pressure system Richmond have been playing. Great mark and kick he'll do well under the tutorage of Jack Riewoldt
Also in the mix: Noah Balta, Jarrod Brander

Pick 18 - Brisbane (Tom Rockliff Compensation) - Ed Richards
General Defender/ Outside Midfielder
Oakleigh Chargers
185 cm 78 kg

I've gone for best available here as I don't see any other glaring list needs at Brisbane. Richards is a very fast backman with an elite left foot, has the ability to play as an outside midfielder which is what I believe he'll mould into
Also in the mix: Zac Bailey, Joel Garner

Pick 19 - Gold Coast (From Geelong, Stephen Motlop compensation) - Joel Garner
General Defender/ Balanced Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
184 cm 82 kg

As Gold Coast look to rebuild again I feel a bloke like Garner is perfect to have around the club, by all accounts a fantastic personality with very strong leadership skills he's got the skills and personality to help push Gold Coast in the right direction
Also in the mix: Ed Richards, Jarrod Brander

Last edited:
Reserved for round 2

Pick 20 - Richmond (From Brisbane) - Jarrod Brander
Tall Forward/ Tall Defender
Bendigo Pioneers
195 cm 92 kg

I debated between Balta and Brander here but I think that Brander will be selected for his versatility, especially with the KPP's in next years draft tigers wouldn't be wanting to limit themselves. Brander is a big competitive unit with a great mark and lead, still debate going on about where he plays his best footy (Defense) but I'm sure he'll find his feet at either end with a little bit of guidance
Also in the mix: Sam Hayes, Noah Balta

Pick 21 - Richmond (Matching West Coast bid) - Patrick Naish (Pick 25 used to match, remaining points equate to Pick 63)
Outside Midfielder
Northern Knights
181 cm 69 kg

I have West Coast bidding to eliminate the possibility of Richmond taking a player they want at 25. I'm not a fan of Naish, to me he looks a bit slow and weak, with questionable kicking but with time to develop he could very well be a decent player

Pick 22 - West Coast (From Gold Coast) - Zac Bailey
Inside Midfielder
Norwood
181 cm 81 kg

I believe that West Coast should ONLY take midfielders with their first 3-4 picks and that's a trend you'll see. Zac Bailey is an exciting prospect and although he's small he packs a punch with strong tackling and contested ball ability
Also in the mix: Jack Petrucelle, Matthew Ling

Pick 23 - Geelong (From Carlton) - Noah Balta
Tall Defender
Calder Cannons
195 cm 95 kg

With the recent retirements from Geelong they are looking like in the KPD department and Balta is one that can step up and into the team from round 1. He's an athletic player with a lot of speed and agility for his size.
Also in the mix: Connor Ballenden, Sam Hayes

Pick 24 - North Melbourne - Matthew Ling
Outside Midfielder/ General Defender
Geelong Falcons
183 cm 75kg

The Kangas look desperate for some speed and skill on the outside and Ling is the best option available at this pick. He's been a solid player for the Falcons providing line breaking run all season
Also in the mix: Charlie Ballard, Tim Kelly

Pick 25 - Geelong (From Fremantle via Gold Coast) - Charlie Ballard
Outside Midfielder/ Tall Forward/ Tall Defender
Sturt
195 cm 82 kg

He's very tall for a winger but he's got the pace and agility of someone that's 15 cm shorter than him. With the loss of Lang the Geelong need some depth on the outside with speed and Ballard is as good as it gets with this pick
Also in the mix: Sam Hayes, Tim Kelly

Pick 26 - West Coast (From Hawthorn via Gold Coast) - Tim Kelly
Balanced Midfielder
South Fremantle
183 cm 83 kg

Very early for a mature aged prospect but I think with Carlton and Demons interested West Coast won't hesitate to pull the trigger a bit early. Ready to go at age 23, averaged just over 26 disposals, 1 goal and 3 tackles a game in WAFL which are impressive numbers for a midfielder
Also in the mix: Jack Petrucelle, Dylan Moore

Pick 27- GWS (from St.Kilda) - Sam Hayes
Tall Forward/ Ruckman
Eastern Ranges
203 cm 93 kg

Now I know there will be some skeptics saying I rated Hayes low in this draft but I honestly expect him to fall to us on draft night. At 203 cm he's a very tall and mobile ruckman, likened to Matthew Kreuzer with our lack of short term and long term ruck options I think he's the perfect pick for us
Also in the mix: Callum Coleman-Jones, Brayden Crossley

Pick 28 - GWS (From Western Bulldogs via Carlton)- Gryan Miers
Small Forward
Geelong Falcons
178 cm 77kg

We need at least 1 small forward from this draft and I think Miers is the best option at our 2nd round picks. He's a real X Factor player with really good footy smarts which out shines his lack of pace
Also in the mix: Charlie Spargo, Jordan Houlahan

Pick 29- Melbourne - Jordan Houlahan
General Forward
Sturt
186 cm 76 kg

An outstanding medium forward with a real sense for goal and fantastic leap he adds an extra bit of danger to Melbournes forward line.
Also in the mix: Charlie Spargo, Jack Petrucelle

Pick 30- Brisbane (Matching Carlton bid) - Connor Ballenden (40 and 44 used to match, Pick 59 received as extra)
Tall Forward/ Tall Defender
Brisbane Acadamy
198 cm 96 kg

I can't see Carlton letting Brisbane get him for nothing hence the bid. Very good Key Utility who at the start of the year was believed to be getting bid on in the top 10

Pick 31 - Carlton (From Essendon via Western Bulldogs) - Charlie Spargo
Small Forward
Murray Bushrangers
171 cm 71 kg

I think Carlton are looking for a dangerous crumber to take advantage of the likes of Curnow, Casboult and McKay taking most of the attention and Spargo is the best small left at this stage. Was shaping as a top 10 pick last year but has slid down with a fairly inconsistent season

Pick 32 - Melbourne (From Port Adelaide) - Callum Coleman-Jones
Tall Forward/ Ruckman
Sturt
201 cm 99 kg

One that I think a lot of people under rate. He's a ready to go ruckman/ forward who is at the moment better than Hayes (slides due to Hayes potential being much higher)
Also in the mix: Dylan Moore, Toby Wooller

Pick 33 - West Coast - Jack Petrucelle
Inside Midfielder
Northern Knights
185 cm 78 kg

The perfect player for West Coast, someone with good size and can move well in and around contests. A fairly raw prospect due to his dedication to basketball but has shown a lot of promise while playing TAC Cup and Vic Metro
Also in the mix: Brayden Ainsworth, James Worpel

Pick 34- Sydney - Ryley Stoddart
General Defender
Eastern Ranges
185 cm 74 kg

He's probably a bit stiff to slide so far down the order but he's a solid player none the less. A classy left footer with some good speed and ball reading ability he's a suitable replacement for Jarrad McVeigh
Also in the mix: Matthew Day, Andrew McPherson

Pick 35 - St.Kilda (From GWS via Hawthorn and Port Adelaide) - Brandon Starcevich
General Forward
East Perth
187 cm 84 kg

Maybe a bit of bolter in a couple of peoples eyes but I think he's just want the saints need, someone that can find the goals and the ball.
Also in the mix: Matthew Day, Dylan Moore

Pick 36 - Geelong - Toby Wooller
Tall Forward
Oakleigh Chargers
193 cm 90 kg

A lot has been made about his family connection to Geelong but I think he is what they need as well. A good Tall forward who will most likely start off as the third man type of role and then start to make that forward line his own
Also in the mix: Callum Coleman-Jones, High Dixon

Pick 37 - Melbourne (from Adelaide) - James Worpel
Inside Midfielder
Geelong Falcons
185 cm 86 kg

I believe that Melbourne now need to start preparing for the likes of Bernie Vince and Jordan Lewis retiring and bringing in a ready made player like Worpel makes that a smoother transition
Also in the mix: Dylan Moore, Brayden Ainsworth

Pick 38 - West Coast (From Richmond via Gold Coast) - Brayden Ainsworth
Inside Midfielder
Subiaco
184 cm 80 kg

With Ainsworth on board it now allows the previous selection Higgins to really work his trade in the forward line where he plays best, this would be a very good draft haul for West Coast
Also in the mix: Dylan Moore, Kyron Hayden

Last edited:
Reserved for round 3

Pick 39 - Collingwood (From Brisbane) - Harrison Petty
Tall Defender
Norwood
195 cm 82 kg

If draft night pans out how I have it going then Collingwood will be leaving with two players you can build a backline around in Petty and Coffield. Petty is an outstanding defender with a great mark, but what will attract Collingwood the most is his kicking
Also in the mix: Sam Taylor, Hugh Dixon

Pick 40 - Adelaide (From Gold Coast) - Matthew McGannon
Balanced Midfielder/ General Forward
Gippsland Power
183 cm 71 kg

Adelaide always seems to pull off a surprise selection on draft night and I have a feeling they'd like McGannon. He's one I really enjoyed watching prior to his mid-year injury with amazing game sense and kick. He appears another Charlie Cameron type to me and with time could be a very good player
Also in the mix: Andrew McPherson, Dylan Moore

Pick 41 - Gold Coast (From North Melbourne via Western Bulldogs and Fremantle) - Dylan Moore
Inside Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
176 cm 66 kg

Moore has shown plenty of promise throughout the year, despite his size he tackles hard and pressures opponents into making mistakes. I think he's a development pick but certainly one with a huge upside
Also in the mix: Aidan Domic, Kyron Hayden

Pick 42 - Fremantle - Andrew McPherson
General Defender
Woodville West-Torrens
186 cm 79 kg

He had an injury-interrupted year but still firms as a solid pick, especially at 35+. I think Fremantle need a little bit of depth in the HB area especially with Johnson getting on
Also in the mix: Kyron Hayden, Callan England

Pick 43 - Hawthorn (From Brisbane via Collingwood) - Ethan Floyd
Outside Midfielder
Geelong Falcons
180 cm 71 kg

Looking at Hawthorn's list I see a lack of speed on the outside which is something Floyd can bring to the team that drafts him. Although his inside game is weak and he butchers it under pressure there is plenty to work with.
Also in the mix: Kane Farrell, Ethan Penrith

Pick 44- St.Kilda - Ethan Penrith
Small Forward
Northern Knights
179 cm 78 kg

I don't see a real need on St.Kilda's list at this point so I'm giving them a project player. Penrith is small, quick and finds goals really easily but needs to find more of the footy
Also in the mix: Kane Farrell, Brent Daniels

Pick 45 - Port Adelaide (From Western Bulldogs via North Melbourne) - Jackson Ross
Outside Midfielder/ General Forward
Eastern Ranges
192 cm 74 kg

Port are known admirers of Ross and have said they'll take him if available. Just needs to work on his consistency and ball reading and he may very well be a star
Also in the mix: Kane Farrell, Kyron Hayden

Pick 46 - Melbourne - Sam Taylor
Tall Defender
Swan Districts
196 cm 87 kg

I'm surprised I have this guy lasting so long but that's how it goes. Fantastic player who wins most 1 on 1's he's in. Gets under-appreciated due to Naughton being a bit more flashy but shouldn't be taken lightly
Also in the mix: Oscar Clavarino, Hugh Dixon

Pick 47 - Essendon - Will Walker
Sandringham Dragons
186 cm 78 kg

Extremely underrated if you ask me. Had a fantastic season playing through the middle and on the forward flank. Pretty 'raw' prospect but one I can see helping out Essendon in the long-term
Also in the mix: Tom North, Kane Farrell

Pick 48 - Brisbane Matching Bid (52 used to match, pick 69 compensation)- Jack Payne
Tall Defender
Brisbane Acadamy
196 cm 96 kg

Payne is a big unit and is one that could slot in right away for Brisbane if need be. Strong and good one on one player no way Brisbane are letting him go

Pick 49 - Port Adelaide - Oscar Clavarino
Tall Defender
Dandenong Stingrays
196 cm 85 kg

Clav is an interesting one. If he was more confident and willing to go into contests I'd have him as a first rounder easily but the unfortunate reality is he's not so this is where he ends up. Brilliant kick and intercept mark
Also in the mix: Mitchell Podhajski, Jake Patmore

Pick 50 - Gold Coast (From West Coast) - Kane Farrell
Balanced Midfielder
Bendigo Pioneers
182 cm 74 kg

A really good mix of speed, agility and skill Kane is a fantastic player but has knocks on his overuse of the footy
Also in the mix: Tom North, Kyron Hayden

Pick 51 - Sydney - Kyron Hayden
Inside Midfielder
Subiaco
186 cm 87 kg

Sydney loves there inside mid steals and that's exactly what Hayden is. A good blend of speed and contested ball-winning ability I think he's a top-notch player.
Also in the mix: Tom North, Callan England

Pick 52 - Gold Coast Matching Bid (53 used to match, Pick 73 as compensation) - Brayden Crossley
Ruckman
Gold Coast Acadamy
198 cm 101kg

Really good tap ruckman that throws his weight around to win taps despite his shorter height, reminds me of Shane Mumford (bless his soul)

Pick 53 - Richmond (from Geelong) - Ben Miller
Ruckman/ Tall Forward
Subiaco
196 cm 92 kg

Another short ruckman but one that I think the Tigers will put time into developing, he's got a huge upside and I know that Freo would be fuming he's off the board
Also in the mix: Lloyd Meek, Tom De Knoning

Pick 54 - Richmond - Aiden Domic
Outside Midfielder
GWV Rebels
185 cm 79 kg

Domic is a very skilful player with an amazing goal kicking ability for someone that predominantly plays midfield. The main concerns are his contested work, which for an outside midfielder isn't too troubling, and his speed, which is. I think Richmond would be happy to take this type of project player that is very low risk/ high reward
Also in the mix: Callan England, Jake Patmore

Last edited:

Reserved for round 4
Pick 55 - Collingwood (From Brisbane) - Hugh Dixon
Tall Forward
Tasmania (couldn't find his local club anywhere)
195 cm 92 kg

This was a real toss up between McCartin and Dixon but ultimately Dixon's goalkicking and footy smarts prevail. Dixon is a strong overhead mark with a booming left foot. Could play Round 1
Also in the mix: Tom McCartin, Nathan Kreuger

Pick 56 - GWS (From Gold Coast via Fremantle) - Lloyd Meek
Ruckman
GWV Rebels
202 cm 106 kg

An overage ruckman that can play from Round 1, Lloyd is never going to set the world on fire but he should be a good short-term fix for our ruck shortage
Also in the mix: Tom De Knoning, Ned Reeves

Pick 57 - Geelong (From Carlton) - Adam Sambono
General Forward
NT Thunder
182 cm 63 kg

A lightweight player but a fantastic goalsneak. He should be able to come in and replace Motlop
Also in the mix: David Handley, Brent Daniels

Pick 58 - Port Adelaide (From North Melbourne via Western Bulldogs and St.Kilda) - Jake Patmore
General Defender
Claremont
181 cm 72 kg

A solid HBF that should be able to add depth to the Power backline stocks
Also in the mix: Ben Paton, David Handley

(I won't be doing explanations or in the mixes from here on as I don't have enough knowledge of the players)

Pick 59 - Brisbane (Connor Ballenden bid compensation) - Callan England
Balanced Midfielder
Claremont
181 cm 72 kg

Pick 60 - Fremantle - Liam Ryan
Rovers FC
184 cm 76 kg

Pick 61 - Collingwood - Matthew Day
Outside Midfielder/ General Forward
Oakleigh Chargers
189 cm 79 kg

Pick 62 - Port Adelaide (From Hawthorn) - Nathan Kreuger
Tall Forward/ Ruckman
South Adelaide
196 cm 90 kg

Pick 63 - GWS match bid (Pick 65 used to match, 72 as compensation) - Nicholas Shipley
Balanced Midfielder
GWS Acadamy
188 cm 93 kg

Pick 64 - Richmond (Patrick Naish bid compensation) - PASS

Pick 65 - Port Adelaide (From St.Kilda) - PASS

Pick 66 - Collingwood match bid (Pick 72 used to match no compensation) - Tyler Brown
Balanced Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
187 cm 71 kg

Pick 67 - North Melbourne (From Western Bulldogs) - Bailey Henderson
Outside Midfielder
Bendigo Pioneers
188 cm 76 kg

Pick 68 - Fremantle (From Melbourne) - Tom North
Inside Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
184 cm 84 kg

Pick 69 - Brisbane (Jack Payne bid compensation) - PASS

Pick 70 - Essendon - Cassidy Parish
Inside Midfielder
Geelong Falcons
187 cm 79 kg

Pick 71 - Hawthorn (From Port Adelaide) - Trent Mynott
Balanced Midfielder
Eastern Ranges
185 cm 75 kg

Pick 72 - West Coast - Brent Daniels
Balanced Midfielder/ Small Forward
Bendigo Pioneers
171 cm 70 kg

Pick 73 - Gold Coast (Brayden Crossley bid compensation) - PASS

Pick 74 - Fremantle (from GWS) - PASS

Pick 75 -Geelong - Tom McCartin
Tall Forward
Geelong Falcons
193 cm 84 kg

Pick 76 - Carlton (From Adelaide) - PASS

Pick 77 - Richmond - PASS

That Ends My Phantom draft, this has been a massive project and I appreciate all the comments and questions that I've received so keep them coming, even if they're about players not mentioned.

Last edited:
Bloody awesome if we where to get LDU and constable !
LDU the least likely for me. I think Dow is a lock at 2 and LDU and Rayner would switch around on the actual night

Not a massive fan of another half back in Richards at 18 it's one position the Lions have plenty of options in already
Again I think he'll turn into a midfielder. With his kick and speed he's the perfect winger

Love the Cameron Rayner, Aiden Bonar selections for us, I don't mind Ed Richards but would rather Zac Bailey at 18 or maybe a late bolter in Jack Petruccelle. Lachlan Fogarty already gone on your board, he would be the one I hope is available at 18 on the night.

Love the Cameron Rayner, Aiden Bonar selections for us, I don't mind Ed Richards but would rather Zac Bailey at 18 or maybe a late bolter in Jack Petruccelle. Lachlan Fogarty already gone on your board, he would be the one I hope is available at 18 on the night.
I'd have definitely had him at the Lions but my mail is that Bulldogs have told him that they're taking him with their second

I'd have definitely had him at the Lions but my mail is that Bulldogs have told him that they're taking him with their second
Always great to have a new phantom drafter on the board, what are your views on where you think or have you heard anything on where the bid for Connor Ballenden might come?

Do you see Petruccelle as too much of a reach at 18?

Always great to have a new phantom drafter on the board, what are your views on where you think or have you heard anything on where the bid for Connor Ballenden might come?

Do you see Petruccelle as too much of a reach at 18?
Ballenden will most likely receive a bid from Geelong at 22 or 24 unless they pick up Brander. If not the cats I can't see a bid coming in until Melbourne or Carlton 29 or 30.

Petrucelle is an interesting one, I've seen people with him in the first round and some with him in the third. I'd say at 18 you're only picking him if Bailey is taken (assuming that all the other prominent Inside Midfielders are also gone) but I don't think Bailey will go until Brisbane's 18 or WCE 21. So to answer your question in one word, Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man i sure wish the actual draft pans out like yours

Richmond already have Allen and Brander,Balta,Taylor all still on the board
You'd have to think with pick 20 next he'll be giving us one of them

Thanks for your draft. Interesting comment regarding Freo "they desperately need a classy and effective ball mover off the HBF and Coffield is the best available". Luke Ryan and Wilson are going to form a terrific duo and our backline is pretty much set.

Hughes Hamling Logue
Ryan Pearce Wilson

Of course Johnson and Spurr are available until the young guns step up, and Cox is developing as a swingman. Blakely has played back but is sure to transition to the midfield.

I do like Coffield, but can't help thinking that taking a defender while passing on a forward (Fogarty) defies logic.

Thanks for your draft. Interesting comment regarding Freo "they desperately need a classy and effective ball mover off the HBF and Coffield is the best available". Luke Ryan and Wilson are going to form a terrific duo and our backline is pretty much set.

Hughes Hamling Logue
Ryan Pearce Wilson

Of course Johnson and Spurr are available until the young guns step up, and Cox is developing as a swingman. Blakely has played back but is sure to transition to the midfield.

I do like Coffield, but can't help thinking that taking a defender while passing on a forward (Fogarty) defies logic.
My understanding was that Ryan played more of a lock down role and wasn't the flashiest ball user. If I've mistaken then I'm sorry and a Coff and Fog swap would be in order

My understanding was that Ryan played more of a lock down role and wasn't the flashiest ball user. If I've mistaken then I'm sorry and a Coff and Fog swap would be in order
Luke Ryan is an excellent ball user. Maybe you are thinking of Ryan Nyhuis, who plays mainly as a lock down defender.

Luke Ryan is comfortably our best 50m+ field kicker and in the top 3-4 at the club overall no worries.

That said I don't mind Coffield at all if we think he can move to midfield.

Luke Ryan is an excellent ball user. Maybe you are thinking of Ryan Nyhuis, who plays mainly as a lock down defender.
Luke Ryan is comfortably our best 50m+ field kicker and in the top 3-4 at the club overall no worries.

That said I don't mind Coffield at all if we think he can move to midfield.
Seems I've stuffed up here! I definitely think Fog is the man in that case and will change the selections

Wow FIVE midfielders for the Eagles ! Talk about loading up. I think that we might try for a small, crumbing forward with one of those first five picks, but your draft would certainly set up the midfield for years to come, if most of them pan out.

Great write ups.

Geelong don't need a KPD though we played one in kolo on the wing most of this year because we had too many talls to fit in the backline. We need a KPF a small forward and outside run.

In your scenario (obrien and ling going just before us) we would either take kelly (if not considered a flight risk) hayes or probably miers if we want a small forward.

Wow FIVE midfielders for the Eagles ! Talk about loading up. I think that we might try for a small, crumbing forward with one of those first five picks, but your draft would certainly set up the midfield for years to come, if most of them pan out.
I think Higgins will play as a small forward until the likes of Masten and Redden move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back