Remove this Banner Ad

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Hello footy folks. In 1988 I played one season in the Victorian Amateurs. I was fortunate enough to play in Preston Marist Brothers Old Boys 1988 Premiership (not sure what division maybe C or D grade ?) that year against Hampton Rovers at Sandringham Oval.

Not long after that I moved to Western Australia and have lived here and raised a family ever since. I still get home occassionally to visit family and I want to wish all Victorians doing it tough in lockdown all the best and let you know that people all over the country are with you and thinking of you.

After the grand final in 88 I kept the jumper and socks but after 30 odd years they're both gone and that's fine. Hopefully some big lump of a lad is running around with the jumper down around his knees on a cold night at training somewhere, unaware what the killer meant to me.

Ironically, I support Richmond (having grown up in Richmond's old northern zone along the Murray) and the PMBOB club jumper it turns out is the reverse Richmond one that the Tigers wore in the drought breaking 2017 grand final victory. Yep, yellow and black sash.

Whilst I won't ever see that No15 again, I wish I'd received or kept a copy of the club premiership photo taken a week or so after the match. I do remember many faces and a few names - mainly nicknames - Snowy the skipper, Heppy (Mark Hepburn's brother ?) and the coach Georgie T.

So I'm reaching out for a copy of that photo if anyone is out there who played in that Bullants side back in 1988. I believe the club folded or merged or faded away as any enquiries have yielded little so far.

Please contact me here if you can help.

Sincerely, YeOldTiger

Hello footy folks. In 1988 I played one season in the Victorian Amateurs. I was fortunate enough to play in Preston Marist Brothers Old Boys 1988 Premiership (not sure what division maybe C or D grade ?) that year against Hampton Rovers at Sandringham Oval.

Not long after that I moved to Western Australia and have lived here and raised a family ever since. I still get home occassionally to visit family and I want to wish all Victorians doing it tough in lockdown all the best and let you know that people all over the country are with you and thinking of you.

After the grand final in 88 I kept the jumper and socks but after 30 odd years they're both gone and that's fine. Hopefully some big lump of a lad is running around with the jumper down around his knees on a cold night at training somewhere, unaware what the killer meant to me.

Ironically, I support Richmond (having grown up in Richmond's old northern zone along the Murray) and the PMBOB club jumper it turns out is the reverse Richmond one that the Tigers wore in the drought breaking 2017 grand final victory. Yep, yellow and black sash.

Whilst I won't ever see that No15 again, I wish I'd received or kept a copy of the club premiership photo taken a week or so after the match. I do remember many faces and a few names - mainly nicknames - Snowy the skipper, Heppy (Mark Hepburn's brother ?) and the coach Georgie T.

So I'm reaching out for a copy of that photo if anyone is out there who played in that Bullants side back in 1988. I believe the club folded or merged or faded away as any enquiries have yielded little so far.

Please contact me here if you can help.

Sincerely, YeOldTiger
G'day mate.
Did you ever get that photo?
If not, I can probably chase it up and get you a copy.
Regards
Joe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back