Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Maguire also part of the shopping spree.

And it cost you Rischitelli and Bradshaw when they found out they were being offered up. Surely rivals Mark Neeld's 2013 as the worst recruiting period of all time.

Goose was very handy when fit and Riska was gone already and Bradshaw played 9 more games after Sydney poached him on a fat, 3 year deal. But please don’t let your ignorance stand in the way of talking s**t.

Goose was very handy when fit and Riska was gone already and Bradshaw played 9 more games after Sydney poached him on a fat, 3 year deal. But please don’t let your ignorance stand in the way of talking s**t.
Goose go yaself!!!!!! Broke his leg badly from memory. On track to be a gun then. Always liked him

Matt Maguire also part of the shopping spree.

And it cost you Rischitelli and Bradshaw when they found out they were being offered up. Surely rivals Mark Neeld's 2013 as the worst recruiting period of all time.

Eh, Bradshaw scraped together one year with Sydney, he and we knew his knee was cooked. Rischa hurt much, MUCH more back then. Would still be out there for us today.

spudzee.jpg

Beauty. Saturday night special with a bitta Gravy, some freshly baked rolls, green beans and carrots. Laughing.

Ceglar's a gun ruckman.

"Gun" is a bit far.
He's 27 years old with 50 career games. But yea, I was probably being harsh.

To be fair to him, he was a young ruckman at a club that had Grundy and Witts who were two of the most promising young rucks in the comp at the time and both were just on a different level to him.

He showed signs for us and always had enough ability at the right club. But I would not call him a gun by any stretch.

"Gun" is a bit far.
He's 27 years old with 50 career games. But yea, I was probably being harsh.

To be fair to him, he was a young ruckman at a club that had Grundy and Witts who were two of the most promising young rucks in the comp at the time and both were just on a different level to him.

He showed signs for us and always had enough ability at the right club. But I would not call him a gun by any stretch.
The words "gun" and "spud" are the worst used in this forum. Evidence: This thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread title a bit misleading. Surely a spud would be a not best 22 or borderline 22 player who continued down the same path. Greenwood was top 3 in Norths B&F the year he left.

Forced to ruck on his own against Lobb and Mumford for most of the match and completely nullifying their ability to feed the GWS plethora of mids. Massive game, every bit as important as his virtual Norm Smith GF performance.

It still stings I see.
He played the sort of run-of-the-mill game you'd expect from the calibre of player on that coin.

He was garbage in the EF. He's a spud, pure and simple.

But a giant spud none the less. Is it true they paid 500k a season? Overs in any bodies language.

Reading between the lines, the Hawks did a bit of a dodgy, the initial deal was like 350,000 a year over 3 years but then they found out it would only get Richmond 3rd round compensation. So they changed it to 2 years at 450,000 (but with an understanding there’d be a 3rd year on minimum wage) to make sure the Tigers would get 2nd round compo. So they didn’t need to trade and Richmond were happy too.

Regardless he was a shocking pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back