Pocket your winnings with Sportsbet Card

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't see the point of these cards. Only worthwhile if you are betting really large amounts and want the cash out asap IMO.

I think it's a brilliant idea. 60+% of punters are probably living week to week, if you are down at the pub on a saturday arvo and back a winner and get $500 you want to shout your mates and get a feed instead of waiting 3-5 days from the Saturday to get it in your account. It's lost its ZING by then. There's also the odd occasion where you accidently put the rent money on a good thing that gets done. You back the winner in the next, grab your money from your card and the Mrs is none the wiser!

I think it's a brilliant idea. 60+% of punters are probably living week to week, if you are down at the pub on a saturday arvo and back a winner and get $500 you want to shout your mates and get a feed instead of waiting 3-5 days from the Saturday to get it in your account. It's lost its ZING by then. There's also the odd occasion where you accidently put the rent money on a good thing that gets done. You back the winner in the next, grab your money from your card and the Mrs is none the wiser!

You really haven't lived if you haven't faced that scenario. It used to be a killer waiting for Monday nights Sportsbet withdrawal to show up in the bank, hoping the real estate agent didn't ring on Monday and ask your Mrs where the rent is.

(The rent you already paid on Friday;)).

Received my card today, although I can't actually use sportsbet until March due to a deposit limit.
Activation of the card was pretty simple.
I really like the idea of winning a footy bet then being able to drive up to the ATM and get the money.
Doubt I'd use it for eftpos purchases though...

Anyone seen the new cashout thing Sportsbet offer now where you can cancel a bet based on current odds. I'm still yet to grasp the concept... interested to hear if anyone has used it yet
I like it. Been waiting for something like this for ages since i normally bet on soccer matches. Very handy for when you think a team may look like conceding in the last 10 minutes you can cash out for a profit. It's going to save a lot less screaming at your tv when an injury time goal screws up your last leg of your multi.

it actually helps with record keeping better - you do track your returns better if there is the discipline to withdraw winnings from it, and does help keep track of how you do overall better, I find.
You don't track how much you are depositing, withdrawing, winning and losing?

I like it. Been waiting for something like this for ages since i normally bet on soccer matches. Very handy for when you think a team may look like conceding in the last 10 minutes you can cash out for a profit. It's going to save a lot less screaming at your tv when an injury time goal screws up your last leg of your multi.

I would've thought that cashing out using any match in-play would not be permitted. Betfair have had cash out for some time and cashing out anything in-play violates Australia's in-play gambling laws.

I haven't yet read too much on Sportsbet's cashing out but I assume its if you have set a multi and the first leg cashes in you can then hedge a profit regardless of the next leg outcome, as long as the next leg hasn't commenced.

I would've thought that cashing out using any match in-play would not be permitted. Betfair have had cash out for some time and cashing out anything in-play violates Australia's in-play gambling laws.

I haven't yet read too much on Sportsbet's cashing out but I assume its if you have set a multi and the first leg cashes in you can then hedge a profit regardless of the next leg outcome, as long as the next leg hasn't commenced.

Yeah that's what I would've thought but apparently not going by sportsbets website. I'm also confused about how the odds of the payout are determined as surely they will be different to the fixed odds before the event commenced.

Awesome, I can get coke on a Saturday night now after a big day on the ponies. Haven't been charged a penny on withdrawal fees (unlike the Ladbrokes card) I've withdrawn at least 8 times from Sportsbet now since December, I'm withdrawing my cash at a NAB ATM in case anyone else is getting charged at theirs.

For anyone with a Mrs. who wants to keep some cash to themselves on the sly this card is heavenly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back