Podcast Podcast 2020-Jump! Review Week 4, Preview Week 5, COVID, AmericanCrow and aussiedude

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Hey again!! In the week of Eddie Van Halen's passing, which was even sadder than Nick Mullen's passing, we are back with another episode!

This week there are a couple of extra turkeys on the Four Turkeys podcast, as we are joined by special guests aussiedude and AmericanCrow to talk about how great the Browns start is (brings back memories of Butchy Davis it does!!). We skim over the Rodgers Renaissance, and get into the Steve DeBerg award for the week, a new feature of the podcast requested by A11dAtP0w3R . Not Chris DeBurgh, Steve DeBerg.

We cover off a few amazing stats for the season so far, question if the season scoring can continue to increase if DBs are so bad, and close out with a tiny discussion on COVID and the impacts on the season. Plus Brasher has convinced me that the NFC Least is not the worst division in football...

Annnnnd, as an extra special treat, the guests give insights into how to win at AE Endzone!! fuey takes notes but breaks his pencil, so nothing will change in AE this week...

Then we preview the games of week 5, including the debut Texans game for Romeo and Juliet Juliet Watt, Adam Gase hanging on again in New York - and how bad could he screw up Trevor L after the damage he's done to Darnold?? Then aussiedude chips me for being late posting the podcasts, and AmericanCrow prepares himself for the challenges of possibly not losing a game. Again.

As always, feedback and suggestions welcome, especially on the Steve DeBerg candidates for this week.
Let us know what you think of the special music too...

Last edited:
ill take half the blame for the season falling apart if AmericanCrow takes the other half. you knew what you were getting into when you had both the most pessimistic posters about the NFL and handling of covid on.

i mean the NFL is obnoxious enough to put player safety into almost every release about Covid but are still running full steam into the storm. when if it was actually about player safety they wouldnt be playing in a pandemic. Its all about the $$ and greed of the league and owners

ill take half the blame for the season falling apart if AmericanCrow takes the other half. you knew what you were getting into when you had both the most pessimistic posters about the NFL and handling of covid on.

i mean the NFL is obnoxious enough to put player safety into almost every release about Covid but are still running full steam into the storm. when if it was actually about player safety they wouldnt be playing in a pandemic. Its all about the $$ and greed of the league and owners

No worries, I will take full blame :)

With every Browns win the certainty this ride comes to a sudden stop is assured.

But you are right—they do not care about safety. It is all about the Benjamins.

My position is these guys are professionals so they know what they are signing off on.

College kids and high school kids—not so much.

That is the really egregious stuff

In a year where the Browns are 4-1 and still the 6 seed. if you climb any higher the NFL will just shutdown as a sign of the apocalypse.

Top NFL players sure. but 80% of them couldnt really afford to take the NFL's "opt out loan" because they live pay to pay partly because like many younger kids are living beyond their means and dont know how to save or are not financially responsible.

If the NFL players opted out on mass you would have scabs come in and take over for the year. the NFL's weak as piss PA doesnt help them. they fold on almost everything but think they come out huge winners when the owners give them something that the owners only held back as a bargaining chip they never really wanted.

In a year where the Browns are 4-1 and still the 6 seed. if you climb any higher the NFL will just shutdown as a sign of the apocalypse.

Top NFL players sure. but 80% of them couldnt really afford to take the NFL's "opt out loan" because they live pay to pay partly because like many younger kids are living beyond their means and dont know how to save or are not financially responsible.

If the NFL players opted out on mass you would have scabs come in and take over for the year. the NFL's weak as piss PA doesnt help them. they fold on almost everything but think they come out huge winners when the owners give them something that the owners only held back as a bargaining chip they never really wanted.

Oh yes, if we defeat the inbreds next Sunday they will certainly shut the league down. You got that right.

Yes, I agree with your statements with a caveat. The league minimum is still more than almost everyone in this country makes—$610,000

Hard to feel especially sorry for them but I do understand your point.

If 40% of my countrymen spent as much energy taking annoying but simple precautions as they do worrying about “freedom” this could be so much more navigable

A shame really

Still have a Texans believer here, any team with Watson is an attractive option for a coach no matter the the cap situation and the lack of draft capital. (Probably not as easy to find a GM tho)

Said it in the week 5 thread, but I'd love to see Lincoln Riley coach the Texans. Or if we are choosing from the NFL, Eric Bieniemy

Nick Mullens would have been an unbackable favourite to win the Steve DeBerg award for week 5 on Sunday night, but agree with Fuey and AD, Hoyer was amazingly terrible in the red zone. You see terrible interceptions every week. But Hoyer's red zone tomfoolery is far more rare.

Looking forward to Brash giving the DeBerg to another 49ers qb next week regardless after Jimmy G got hooked vs the Dolphins...

Can they make it the trifecta with Bethard in week 7 ? 😂

best podcast to date, all of you are pretty interesting in each your own ways
always enlightening is americancrow
good to hear aussiedudes thoughts and style of repartee
with like six of you together, was more entertaining
gotta love the staple fuey, blacky and brasher

pronunciation grips...
its not beat hard, its beth-erd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Interesting" oh no. That's what my girlfriend says when she me watching a show or playing a game she couldn't care less about. "Ohh that looks ... interesting "
lol, but seriousness from me there
btw aussiedude, goff is no longer training wheels mcvay, goff is now fully in charge at the los, audibling and calling out protections etc
goffs career projection (numbers wise) is on a very similar path to bradys career, his first few years like goffs.

I don't really think Goff is a puppet, but still feel Mcvay keeps a leash on him and that Goff knows his limitations. They have built a good team around him. He might not be a game manager anymore but he doesn't have free reign. But not many QBs do have full control over the offense outside of 5min offence or no huddle or sugar huddle/ muddle huddle

watch a full rams game, hes definitely free or far freer than he was last year.... which is no slight on goff.... the reigns were on big ben and russell wilson for a year or two as well. takes time to become an OC as a QB.

btw Brasher.... niners wont need to trade up for lawrence from the mid first, theyll probably be right there in the 3-8 range

pick 1 wont tho, hes a franchise qb and they dont grow on trees and whoever is #1 will take him... example jets or giants or niners or falcons will take him, trade away the incumbent
Depends who gets pick 1. If its the giants or someone who has a QB they are not ready to move on from yet. But I think anyone would be stupid to pass on him. If pick 1 was even put up to test the waters you would see stupid offers. Easily 1st and 2nd round picks for 2 years and even a player.

But I just hope where ever he ends up isnt a dumpsterfire and has pieces he can work with and a coach/GM combo that are competent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back