Podcast Podcast 2020 - Review of Week 3, Preview Week 4!!

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Well after another excellent week of football, the Turkeys are back again!

We review the games from week 3, and try to decide if the Jets are better than the Eagles overtime strategies. A concise little episode this one.
Then we look at the other results from the week including a letdown one sided game on Monday night, and an emerging split between the undefeated ( 7 teams) and the unwon (8 teams). Does the gap in performance mean that the season is already really easy to pick from here out?

We close out the review by running through some of the Chiefs amazing stats, and looking at the pace of record scoring across the league.

Then we move on to week two, where Blacky picks his rookies of the week, and fuey proclaims his love for Derek Carr. Again.
Brasher predicts he will be golfing during the Jets game, or something...
And we look at offensive holding penalties across the league, which are at an all time low, despite the lack of preseason.

As always, have a listen while you watch today's games, and let us know what you think.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Darnold might not be fixable in NY even with Gase gone. He still has some of the decision making/vision issues he had coming out of college. but that might also be because he hasnt had anyone to throw to other than Anderson. and no RB to let him really use PA.

You might as well just have a segment every week called "Is Josh Allen actually good (now)" when you talk about the Bills game
Brasher on the Josh Allen Horsecollar/fumble. you cant get flagged for a horsecollar inside the pocket.

Quinn still being in the job is crazy. Are you going to do a coaches on the hotseat segment because there is just about 1 coach in every division other than the NFC West or AFC North that would be on the hot seat and could be sacked at the end of the season.

The Dallas D we should of seen coming. They lost a few defensive players in FA and then lost McCoy and LVE. but they still shouldnt be this bad

Will listen later to keep me awake ( or put me asleep at work? ) ...but the Brasher "is Josh Allen any good segment?" sounds like a winner to me already. Need a Brasher scale to measure JA's performance each week of some sort. Perhaps some of his most memorable (and forgettable) old school QBs as grades ...for example , if Josh plays great any given week he gets the Montana seal of approval if he stinks up the joint he gets the Kerry Collins 2001 sb grade.

I'm sure he could come up with some better examples than I've just given from the 80s and 90s.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Will listen later to keep me awake ( or put me asleep at work? ) ...but the Brasher "is Josh Allen any good segment?" sounds like a winner to me already. Need a Brasher scale to measure JA's performance each week of some sort. Perhaps some of his most memorable (and forgettable) old school QBs as grades ...for example , if Josh plays great any given week he gets the Montana seal of approval if he stinks up the joint he gets the Kerry Collins 2001 sb grade.

I'm sure he could come up with some better examples than I've just given from the 80s and 90s.
The weekly Trent Dilfer memorial putz.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Here is the NextGen stats for the Kamara TD. it looks just as bad with the lack of hustle on D

-4yd pass turned into a 52yd TD

Back