Podcast Podcast Production - Technical Stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Cory, could you send me a link to the original background image (or at least without the text/logos)?

I want to do something for the transitions and it'd be heaps easier if I could use things like the BF logo as independently moving parts/layers.

Just right click the image and select save as. I think that should do the trick.

Just right click the image and select save as. I think that should do the trick.

I think he wants the background image, so without the bigfooty logo or collingwood podcast writing, so he can add other layers to it.

Hey Cory, could you send me a link to the original background image (or at least without the text/logos)?

I want to do something for the transitions and it'd be heaps easier if I could use things like the BF logo as independently moving parts/layers.

E7sBsFx.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recording Software

A suggested recording and editing software is audacity which can be downloaded for free for either Mac or PC from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/.

It looks complicated but it is reasonably easy to use. There is a record button to start recording. There is a stop button to stop recording. To save the file go to file -> export and save it as a .wav file. When using this software test it first. Some people have problems with the software only recording their own voice and not the rest of the conversation (eg: me). We're still yet to find a solution to this. Some folks finds it records the whole conversation perfectly fine (eg: Magpie Girl, by the way MG, can you post on this thread the hardware you use (Apple/PC?))
If you change the microphone input to something like Stereo Mix (that's what it says for me - may be different for others) it will record any sound that comes out of the computer speakers. If you choose the microphone that you have connected, then it will only pick up your voice.

To test if it is picking up the computer sounds press record and just play a song on your computer for a few seconds and then press stop in Audacity. Play it back to make sure it recorded the sound. You might have to change the recording source (3rd box) until it works (most likely Stereo Mix, but see what works best for you), which is located here:
25thrwj.jpg

These are my settings that work for me when I have to record sounds coming from the computer speakers.

-Don't fiddle with the volume on your computer whilst recording, because those volume fluctuations get permanently stored on the recorded audio.

-Mute all other sounds from your computer except for the sound coming from Skype. I've got a thing that alerts me when I get emails and it plays a sound. I always make sure to mute the sound beforehand, or else it will be recorded. Once it has finished recording you can just un-mute everything again.

Hope this helps out!

Hey MeisterBot I'd love to do a graphic that contains the panelists/segment people's avatars next to the names, and is it possible to use the logo I created originally? instead of the BigFooty logo on the background? , I've got the separate logos on a transparent background if you need them separate for effects and such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back