Podcast Podcast week 5 - Losing, OTs, AFC North and American Crow!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
This one was soooo intense it melted the PC during editing!!

So, one of the four turkeys has been struggling a little with his AFL team being... uhhmmmm... sub-optimal?
We thought we'd reach out and get him a bit of perspective on losing - especially losing to Freo, how awful is that??! :p - from an expert in following losing teams!

Then we talk about the great Offensive Tackles in the comp (Blacky still reckons Garret Bolles will get there??) - and AmericanCrow helps us preview the AFC North.
Who do the turkeys think wins the division? What about coach sackings? Sleeper players in the Div (you know Blacky can't stop at just one sleeper from such a vaunted Division of stars)? Lets just say Big Ben and the Bengals both get a fair bit of stick...

We wrap up the week's shenanigans with a visit to the Buffet and a TEE!
Check out the little extra twist fuey throws in during TEE - and how does he go at the Nathan's Franks 4th of July edition of the Buffet??
More importantly, who is the buffet guest player? Hint - only NFL QB to ever be ejected for punching.

Hope you lot enjoy it, especially after all the work to salvage the audio from the melted remains of the turkey supercomputer.

Let us know if we are too harsh on Brasher (or Pig Ben - or even AmericanCrow for that matter).

Last edited:

Not true, 3 seconds in the start of each clip!! :flushed:
Will re upload, gimme an hour and ninety seven days...
Should be fixed - lemme know if it is still 3 seconds of excellence only.

For me;

1. Cleveland - a coach who wants to run the ball will cover the defensive flaws and allow Mayfield to flourish via play action. 12-4
2. Baltimore - best team but just gotta feeling it will all click for the Browns this year. Not to mention , let's not forget the hiding the Browns gave them earlier last season via Chubb run riot on the ground. 11-5
3. Pittsburgh- won't be anywhere near the top two. The arse is about to fall out. Losing record incoming 6-10
4. Cincinnati- Reckon they'll be looking for a new coach half way thru the season, don't believe in Taylor. Will come home strong tho. 5-11

Surprised no one mentioned Dionte Johnson as a sleeper player.

Last edited:
The only way Cinci dont finish in the bottom is if the season gets called off and division standings stay in alphabetical order.

No faith!

Steelers are putrid offensively, and their D is too young to be consistently dominant.

Can Big Ben do enough to save them?? I'm not convinced.

No faith!

Steelers are putrid offensively, and their D is too young to be consistently dominant.

Can Big Ben do enough to save them?? I'm not convinced.
Ild take a broken BB with a couple of stars on a s**t D over Burrow who I still think is a spud who was just in a good system with good players pushing him up. He is a USC QB dressed in yellow white and purple

Ild take a broken BB with a couple of stars on a sh*t D over Burrow who I still think is a spud who was just in a good system with good players pushing him up. He is a USC QB dressed in yellow white and purple

Geez , makes me excited as a Panthers fan, you must have a massive opinion of Joe Brady then. ;)

Every stat you can imagine points to Burrow beings star and no system flop, his passing under pressure was epic. Pretty sure you'll be wrong.

Geez , makes me excited as a Panthers fan, you must have a massive opinion of Joe Brady then. ;)

Every stat you can imagine points to Burrow beings star and no system flop, his passing under pressure was epic. Pretty sure you'll be wrong.
Not the first player to look good under pressure with good WRs.
I just don't trust 1 year wonders.

I would take Joe Brady over Burrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back