Pointless brain teasers, puzzles, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw an interesting show on Foxtel yesterday- "Brain Games".

First one I did not get, second I did.
(Granted these are probably easier written as text, than hearing them)

- You are a bus driver.10 people are on the bus, at the first stop 5 people get on and 3 get off, second stop 8 people get on, 4 get off, next stop Xtreme playing music on his phone gets kicked off, next stop 6 people get on, 2 get off. How old is the bus driver? (try not to re-read)

- You have a choice of 3 doors to exit out to safety. Behind 1 has snipers with loaded rifles. Behind 2 are man-eating lions that havent eaten in 3 months and behind 3 is a raging out of control fire. Which door do you choose?

Google is not your friend, no googling pls.
Post more pls.

You have a choice of 3 doors to exit out to safety. Behind 1 has snipers with loaded rifles. Behind 2 are man-eating lions that havent eaten in 3 months and behind 3 is a raging out of control fire. Which door do you choose?

Either door would be fine. You are exiting to safety, so you must already be on the same side as the threats. ???

Is this thread stuff like :

- What do you put in a toaster?

- If a red house is made of red bricks, a White House made of white bricks, blue house made of blue bricks. What is a greenhouse made of?

- There was a war between the East and the West. And between these two areas was No Man's Land. So in the war, a lot of people died, the people from the East were buried in the East, and the people from the West were buried in the West. Where were survivors buried?

Very good akkaps

I did this on another forum for Xmas/New Year.

1.There are 1 Billion people in the world who cant do this. You are not one of them. What is it?

2.Abstemious and Facetious are two words that have the vowels in order. Can you name a 3 word phrase of 9 letters that does the same? It is hard to see but I think you can make it out.

3.New York Giants and New York Jets play American Football. Which American Football Team plays in New York?

Is this thread stuff like :

- What do you put in a toaster?

- If a red house is made of red bricks, a White House made of white bricks, blue house made of blue bricks. What is a greenhouse made of?

- There was a war between the East and the West. And between these two areas was No Man's Land. So in the war, a lot of people died, the people from the East were buried in the East, and the people from the West were buried in the West. Where were survivors buried?

Bread, glass and survivors wouldnt be buried.

I got the first one easily. The second one I think I have but not confident.

No one on the show got the first one (not that they showed anyway, could be sneaky editing. Just like on an ep of Frontline "keep the dumb ones :D) nor did I. Was focused on the maths.

What's you take on the door problem?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a it more challenging, but easy, nonetheless.

You need to get to the other side of the river, you have a boat, corn, a chicken and a fox. And all these things need to go along with you. So you put the boat in the water and find out that the boat will only carry you and one other object. The problem is, if you leave corn and chicken alone, the chicken will eat the corn. And if you leave the chicken and fox alone, the fox will eat the chicken.

How to do get everything over safely?

This is a it more challenging, but easy, nonetheless.

You need to get to the other side of the river, you have a boat, corn, a chicken and a fox. And all these things need to go along with you. So you put the boat in the water and find out that the boat will only carry you and one other object. The problem is, if you leave corn and chicken alone, the chicken will eat the corn. And if you leave the chicken and fox alone, the fox will eat the chicken.

How to do get everything over safely?

British Office :D

Very good akkaps

I did this on another forum for Xmas/New Year.

1.There are 1 Billion people in the world who cant do this. You are not one of them. What is it?

2.Abstemious and Facetious are two words that have the vowels in order. Can you name a 3 word phrase of 9 letters that does the same? It is hard to see but I think you can make it out.

3.New York Giants and New York Jets play American Football. Which American Football Team plays in New York?

Took me a while.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think I worked this one out..