Sports Pointless sports

Remove this Banner Ad

So I did some research on slamball.

Seems that it's US inventors want to sell it's licencing to Australian promoters and install slamball courts. Assuming they are just going to convert existing basketball courts, seems like a waste and destruction of good basketball courts to me.

The co-founder of the sport is quoted on it's website as it being the breakout team sport of the 21st century.

Deluded.

I would totally play slamball if they started it up near me

How do you figure that?

Most of the football codes were organised and codified in schools, to give cricketers something to do when it was raining.

That may well have all happened anyway, but if there was no cricket, it’s interesting to think how our mainstream sports might have developed – whether we’d have invented some all-season game/s that was dominant, rather than having all these “winter” football sports that are better played when the weather is cooler, on the wide open fields that cricket provided.

Maybe we’d just all be basketballers.

Freestyle snowmobile, like at the X Games.

I do not understand the ******* point of that. Just seems like a needlessly, ultra dangerous and unnecessary sport to me.

Freestyle snowmobile, like at the X Games.

I do not understand the ******* point of that. Just seems like a needlessly, ultra dangerous and unnecessary sport to me.
Some guy just died at the X games doing this. Point proven.

Bulletball.

It's a high calibre table game designed for the 21st century lifestyle.

Ahhh that brings back memories. Good old Marc Griffen, the clown that quit his job, sold pretty much of all his possesions (including his wifes wedding ring.............he kept his), house and traded in the rusty crappy Saab for the slick streamlined Volvo stationwagon all to create his brilliant idea of a sport....Bulletball.

Unfortunately during all the building, testing and promo planning Marc forgot to make the game fun.

I also never understood the difference between BulletBall and Bulletball Extreme

Ahhh that brings back memories. Good old Marc Griffen, the clown that quit his job, sold pretty much of all his possesions (including his wifes wedding ring.............he kept his), house and traded in the rusty crappy Saab for the slick streamlined Volvo stationwagon all to create his brilliant idea of a sport....Bulletball.

Unfortunately during all the building, testing and promo planning Marc forgot to make the game fun.

I also never understood the difference between BulletBall and Bulletball Extreme

I'm a going to google bullet ball right now.

Best cricket version ever is Supermax 8's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could put the title of 'pointless' on all sports if you really wanted to -
Except that in the OP I delineated what was actually meant by pointless. Shame that most posters have just gone ahead and listed sports they don't like instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back