Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

300px-Original_Sony_Walkman_TPS-L2.JPG

This bad boy first went on sale on this day in 1979.

Interesting experiment this morning.

I was making toast and a piece dropped to the ground and landed on the unbuttered side. So I dropped it again and again to see what the result would be. Every time it landed on the unbuttered side.

Why?

big-toast-img.png

I hadn't buttered yet
I don't believe you. Surely it would have hovered above the ground spinning as it would have no side to fall on. A type of perpetual motion if you will.

I don't believe you. Surely it would have hovered above the ground spinning as it would have no side to fall on. A type of perpetual motion if you will.
Haha have you seen toast cat? Strap a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it from 6 storeys up. Does the cat always land on its feet or does the toast land on the butter?

Cat-Toast.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The American flag appears 'backwards' on their army uniforms because the American army always marches forward (never retreats), thus it appears as a flag on a flag pole would, if it were moving forward.

Old mate has the flag badge on his right shoulder. Are all badges on the right shoulder, or do they manufacture 'forwards' flags for left shoulders?

Old mate has the flag badge on his right shoulder. Are all badges on the right shoulder, or do they manufacture 'forwards' flags for left shoulders?
0_0_0_0_293_254_csupload_61966919.jpg
20130515-025432.jpg
If the flag is worn on the left shoulder then it appears 'normal'. Though it does appear that most uniforms choose to have the American flag on the right hand side.

I wonder if anyone has ever found a stash of 'normal' badges and sewn them onto the left shoulder thinking that was OK. Probably a court marshal offence in 'murica.

Gutierrez had the reverse American flag on the left side of his F1 car. He's in Guantanamo now. nW6D-MIQsj-2tzFq3BwoAPeBGzYNK0Fd56s4oCFO-DE.jpg

Last edited:
The flags of Chad and Romania are identical aside that Chad has a darker shade of blue.

Probably already brought up, but on the topic of flags:
1. The flags of Liechtenstein and Haiti were the same and only discovered to be the same at the 1936 Olympic Games.
2. Between 1977 and 2011, Lybia hav been the only country to have a single colour (green) flag. They have since changed their flag.
3. Nepal is the only country flag not to have four sides.
4. San Juan, Argentina; Stara Zagora, Bulgaria; Moldova (1990-2010); Transnistra, Moldova; Paraguay, Philippines (1898-1901); Sahrawi Republic; Soviet Union (1923-1991); Arapiles, Spain; Alabama (1861-1865), Massachusetts (1908-1971), Minnesota (1893-1957), and Oregon, USA all have alternate designs of the reserve side of their flags.

Reg Varney (Stan in On The Buses) was the first person in the world to use an ATM back in 1967.

Harry Houdini was the first person to fly an aeroplane in Australia at Digger's Rest in 1910.

How awkward that would've been.
Not as awkward as the 1896 Olympics when Australia won a gold and they put up the Austrian flag.

Or that one a few years ago where they played the Borat version of the Kazakhstan national anthem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back