Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

There is only one verified case of a person living 120 years or more - Jeanne Calment of France, who was born in 1875 and died in 1997 at the age of 122.

Runner up is American Sarah Knuass, who was born in 1880 and who died in 1999 at the age of 119. While Mrs. Knuass fell a fair way short of reaching 120 - she died at 119 years and 97 days - she fell agonizingly 2 days short of living in three different centuries, passing away on 30th December 1999.

There is only one verified case of a person living 120 years or more - Jeanne Calment of France, who was born in 1875 and died in 1997 at the age of 122.

Runner up is American Sarah Knuass, who was born in 1880 and who died in 1999 at the age of 119. While Mrs. Knuass fell a fair way short of reaching 120 - she died at 119 years and 97 days - she fell agonizingly 2 days short of living in three different centuries, passing away on 30th December 1999.
There is a claim that her daughter assumed her identity in the 1930s with the daughter living to the age of 99.

I rescued a young, lame wild bird the other day, which ate worms and bugs. I was trying to figure out to feed it. I found on the web that mealworm is sold in pet shops for 16 to 17 bucks for 100g packs!!! Fa'rrrk!! That's obviously 160 to 170 bucks a kilo!!! Jeezuz!!
Thankfully, the bird died last night. :D

1571920531878.png Apparently, Bristle-cone pine trees are the oldest known living thing in the world currently, that can be accurately verified.....Measured at around 5,000 years old.....Also known - funnily enough - As the Methuselah tree.

I read somewhere the Japanese super age thing is over-exaggerated by the fact they put very little effort into verifying if the elderly are still alive so they stay on the books lifting the stats up.
I read that too, something also to do with pensions from memory ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cowes in Phillip Island is indirectly named after the animal. :D The name comes from the name Westcowe in England

The name Westcowe was attested in 1413 as the name of one of two sandbanks, on each side of the River Medina estuary, so-called after a supposed likeness to cows. The name was subsequently transferred to fortifications built during the reign of Henry VIII on the east and west banks of the river to dispel a French invasion, referred to as cowforts or cowes. They subsequently gave their names to the towns of Cowes and East Cowes, replacing the earlier name of Shamblord.

Cowes in Phillip Island is indirectly named after the animal. :D The name comes from the name Westcowe in England

The name Westcowe was attested in 1413 as the name of one of two sandbanks, on each side of the River Medina estuary, so-called after a supposed likeness to cows. The name was subsequently transferred to fortifications built during the reign of Henry VIII on the east and west banks of the river to dispel a French invasion, referred to as cowforts or cowes. They subsequently gave their names to the towns of Cowes and East Cowes, replacing the earlier name of Shamblord.
Great trivia! Nice little town, I've ridden the GP circuit on the bike every year for 14 years, 270km/h down the straight weeeeeeeeeeee!

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Since the Norman conquest of England in 1066, there have been 8 King Henrys and 8 King Edwards, but there have never been any Kings' names used 9 times or more. Of the other kings' names, there have been two that have been used only once - Stephen and John.

Reigning Queens have been rarer in England due to succession laws. Of the names of English Queens, Elizabeth and Mary have been used twice, and Jane, Anne and Victoria once each.

Titanic survivor Marian Thayer, who lost her husband John in the 1912 disaster but whose eldest son Jack then aged 17 survived by managing to swim to an overturned lifeboat, died on 14th April 1944, exactly 32 years after the date that the liner hit the iceberg before sinking early the following morning.

cartoon_nov_16.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back