Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

With his hands and feet.

He recently did a podcast with The Howie Games, and it's pretty damn good.The pressures he faced at his age are incomprehensible.

Thank you smart ass. :)

Those feet too my god.. what size was he like 17 or something.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you shuffle a deck of cards there are 80,658,175,170,943,878,571,660,636,856,403,766,975,289,505,440,883,277,824,000,000,000,000 different options of arrangements. There is a website that gives you an idea of how astronomically huge that number is here.
Next time my niece wants to play hide and seek, that's the number she has to count to.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
There was no Australian Open tennis tournament in 1986.

Until 1985, the Australian Open was played in late November - early December. After the 1985 tournament in December of that year, the date was switched to January with the next Australian Open played at Kooyong in January 1987 meaning there was no 1986 Australian Open.

I’m unsure of if the data would be skewed so I’ve assumed the median and average would be the same. Lot of brilliant people out there but also a lot of dead shits

There's a downward limit to how dumb you can be (i.e. basically clinically dead) whereas the topside is arguably infinite. Would have positive skew for sure!

How do you know the topside is infinite? And I'm assuming that dead people are not included in such a distribution.

Ok maybe not infinite but there is a finite downside (brain dead people) - do we know where the finite upside is? Don't think so

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
Fans of the early 1970s show 'The Partridge Family' often thought that the cast were a real family. They were not of course, but Shirley Jones who played the mother was in real life the stepmother of David Cassidy.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Fans of the early 1970s show 'The Partridge Family' often thought that the cast were a real family. They were not of course, but Shirley Jones who played the mother was in real life the stepmother of David Cassidy.
and I think David was bonking his sister (Laurie)

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
and I think David was bonking his sister (Laurie)

No....The sister Laurie (Susan Dey) had a real-life, head-over-heels crush on him.....But she wasn't his type & he wasn't interested in her.

Both Cassidy & his step-mother have confirmed as such in their biographies.

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
IMG_2015.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
There is no known complete recording of the Brisbane Bears second theme song, which was used after the Bears moved to Brisbane from 1993 onwards. To the tune of 'Glory Glory Hallejulah' similar to the theme song of WAFL team Subiaco, there are some incomplete clips of the song on Youtube (the team singing it after a victory in the mid 1990s, a small snippet of it, and a show choir performing some of the song at Centenary celebrations in 1996) but the Brisbane Lions don't have a complete version of the Bears song at the time of the Fitzroy merger, and if anyone else has one they haven't come forward with it either.

There are plenty of recordings of the first Brisbane Bears song 'Dare to Beat the Bear', you can find the original West Coast Eagles theme song that was changed about the same time and even some forgotten songs such as the ill-fated attempt to change the Sydney Swans song from the much-loved Notre Dame March to 'Up there for Sydney' but the Bears' second song remains elusive.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I’ve learnt a lot about hippopotamuses in the last 2 days, such as...

They eat 40 kilos of grass a day which means they’re going to s**t a lot and where does all that s**t go? Well I’ve had a long held belief that prawns are the s**t eaters of the world, that’s been confirmed.

Also they spend most of their daytime in water but they can’t swim, what they can do though is walk under water for up to 3 minutes at speeds of up to 15 km/h. Think about that... if a hippo wants you, you’re ****ed.

Also they’re the real kings of the jungle.

We went driving around town last night hippo spotting and found plenty just eating grass. They’re a colossus and I hereby salut the mighty Hippo.

I’ve learnt a lot about hippopotamuses in the last 2 days, such as...

They eat 40 kilos of grass a day which means they’re going to s**t a lot and where does all that s**t go? Well I’ve had a long held belief that prawns are the s**t eaters of the world, that’s been confirmed.

Also they spend most of their daytime in water but they can’t swim, what they can do though is walk under water for up to 3 minutes at speeds of up to 15 km/h. Think about that... if a hippo wants you, you’re ******.

Also they’re the real kings of the jungle.

We went driving around town last night hippo spotting and found plenty just eating grass. They’re a colossus and I hereby salut the mighty Hippo.

They are the campaigners of the jungle imo.

Any pics pls?

Back