Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
If by "biggest" you mean the one who's actually had physical contact with women and imparting his wisdom to hordes of virgins.....then yes, you got me there.

Cheers for setting me A-right there GG.....I'm popping over to that thread now, pronto, so As to garner your pearls of serenading wisdom.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
In France during the mid 20th century at least, it was illegal to name a pig Napoleon.

This caused quite a problem when it came time to publish a French language version of George Orwell's satirical novel 'Animal Farm', and the name of the pig character Napoleon was changed to Caesar when the book was published in France.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aside from Antarctica, snakes occur on every continent but are not found on some island countries and territories such as Iceland, Ireland, Hawaii and New Zealand.

If you are severely afraid of snakes, New Zealand might be a good place for you to live. While snakes are not found in the wild in New Zealand, there are no snakes permitted in the country for any reason at all. There are no overseas snakes in New Zealand zoos, wildlife parks or research facilities, they are completely banned.

A favorite food source of snakes in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas - hamsters - are also banned from entering not only New Zealand, but Australia as well
Banned from New Zealand
797937.jpg

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
1552178199923.png

they're all still upside down to me
good example why i see everything differently to most people

some people are saying...
Goes back and forth for me. Initially all upside down
Then lower left bowls turn everything right side up til I see upper right corner and it’s all upside down again

i think this means you have a good healthy brain/eyes. Because the brain is supposed to quickly adapt and change its perception to perceive things correctly, to adjust to environment around you, spatial awareness, and all those types of things

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
On the periodic table of elements, the elements with the lower atomic numbers from Hydrogen (1) to Lead (82) are stable, or non-radioactive. Elements with atomic numbers higher than 82 such as Uranium, Radium, Radon, Plutonium, Astatine and Francium are all radioactive.

However there are two elements that are an exception to the rule - Technetium (43) and Promethium (61), neither of which have any stable isotopes and are only found in trace quantities on Earth. These rare elements eluded scientists for decades prior to their discovery, and early versions of the periodic table had gaps at 43 and 61 where these two then-unknown elements lay.

On the periodic table of elements, the elements with the lower atomic numbers from Hydrogen (1) to Lead (82) are stable, or non-radioactive. Elements with atomic numbers higher than 82 such as Uranium, Radium, Radon, Plutonium, Astatine and Francium are all radioactive.

However there are two elements that are an exception to the rule - Technetium (43) and Promethium (61), neither of which have any stable isotopes and are only found in trace quantities on Earth. These rare elements eluded scientists for decades prior to their discovery, and early versions of the periodic table had gaps at 43 and 61 where these two then-unknown elements lay.
I’ve always wondered how they created the periodic table. Like where the elements should go, how many columns/rows there should be, and in this case, have gaps for unknown elements.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
I’ve always wondered how they created the periodic table. Like where the elements should go, how many columns/rows there should be, and in this case, have gaps for unknown elements.

The elements are grouped according to properties, for example the noble gases are to the far right of the table and the other elements, lanthanides, transition metals and other groups together accordingly. Hydrogen, Element 1, is the only element on its own - it does not fit into any other category. It really is ingenious how the periodic table was designed.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
Child and teenage actors, who attend primary or high school while filming TV series, are of course nothing new either in Australia or overseas.

But I was surprised to find out some Australian TV presenters were still at high school when they began their media careers presenting kids' shows. For example Holly Brisley began on Agro's Cartoon Connection in 1995 when aged 16 and a secondary school student on the Gold Coast. Shae Brewster started her TV career on Saturday Disney in 2002 at age 17, and presumably still at high school.

However one of the first Saturday Disney presenters, Jeniene Mapp, was remarkably just 15 years old when she started on the show along with Sofie Formica and James Sherry in 1990. Like many tall blondes she looked way older than her actual age, at least as old as co-presenter Sofie Formica who was aged 18/19 at the time. No way did she look like a high school student.

It would be quite different being a TV show presenter on national television some of the time, then attending high school like a regular teenager the rest of the time.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sounds more appropriate for the Pointless Opinion thread

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like to listen to an album on constant repeat for like 4-8 hours because often you don't pick up all the intricacies and stuff when consciously listening, but your subconscious has a better "ear".

Back