FTA-TV Pointless

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps but it (BB) was on TEN in the 70's - not sure who would have the rights but it would be a 1000 times better than Celebrity Name Game. These days a "celebrity" is some pleb contestant from a reality show
I didn't even recognise 3 of the 4 names they listed in their media release.

The contestants are now getting in on the humour with their flippant remarks about each other when introducing themselves. I wonder whether these are scripted for them or if they're all clever enough to think up their own one-liners. If I were to appear on Pointless I think I would introduce my companion as "and this is my stunt double..."

Well it's being axed. The replacement show is with Grant Denyer and will get old after 1 episode

It's a shame because Pointless had grown into a pretty entertaining half hour

Last edited:
Well it's being axed. The replacement show is with Grant Denyer and will get old after 1 episode
I'll be watching Mastermind on SBS instead.

I've just finished watching the first episode, and while I was expecting harder questions, it is good to have another good quiz show on Australian tv

Might check out Mastermind when Pointless ends. I like Grant but his new show looks awful. 10 should revamp a decent quiz show like Temptation or Blankety Blanks.

Tonight's Pointless had the two girls with the infamous Batman answer.

Might check out Mastermind when Pointless ends. I like Grant but his new show looks awful. 10 should revamp a decent quiz show like Temptation or Blankety Blanks.

Tonight's Pointless had the two girls with the infamous Batman answer.

Basing a whole show over something that's maybe a little humorous when everyone's drunk

Yeah, this is going down like a lead balloon

Those girls were so dumb. But very entertaining and one was cute as hell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone remember when ch9 brought back Blankety Blanks (with Daryl Somers) in mid 90s?

I liked the way Mark and Andrew began clowning around more once the show got started. Mark ditched the scripted explanation of what would happen to the highest scoring couple and then went with a variety of acerbic one-liners. They weren't the funniest jokes ever, but it made for a more relaxed and casual feel to the show. Then Dr Andrew also felt willing to join in with humorous and sarcastic comments. I have heard this is what Graham Kennedy and Ugly Dave Gray decided to do on Blankety Blanks after the first few weeks when their ratings needed a boost. They agreed to goof about a bit to help themselves feel more relaxed and let the playing of the Blankety Blanks game take care of itself.

Did anyone else feel that the choir-like singing sound that was heard when Mark Humphries introduced the Pointless trophy was similar to the noise heard when Paul McDermott introduced the Think Tank trophy?

Did anyone else feel that the choir-like singing sound that was heard when Mark Humphries introduced the Pointless trophy was similar to the noise heard when Paul McDermott introduced the Think Tank trophy?
No, but then again I only watched one episode of Think Tank (it really was that bad).

If there is any similarity, then Think Tank stole the sound effect, given that it also appears in the British original which has been around for years.

Ive enjoyed Pointless, quite sad to see it go, will be interesting to see if Humphreys does anything else at 10.

The Celebrity Name Game or whatever it is, doesnt really interest me that much.

Ive enjoyed Pointless, quite sad to see it go, will be interesting to see if Humphreys does anything else at 10.

They brought in a comedian to be a host of a show and it turned out he was actually funny in the role. Who could've possibly predicted that?

Ah well, I look forward to Grant 'famous for being famous' Denyer getting his 100th shot at hosting.

I can't think of any conceivable reason why anyone would watch it (Celebrity Name Game).

I watched CNG tonight, but appeared to be a pile of poo.

Dont think I'll bother with it again any time soon.

Surely it wont rate higher than both Family Feud and Pointless!

I watched CNG tonight, but appeared to be a pile of poo.

Dont think I'll bother with it again any time soon.

Surely it wont rate higher than both Family Feud and Pointless!

We watched 15 minutes. I said to my son "Remember when I said we couldn't have Family Feud on because it was for dumb bogans ? Well this is the same". We turned it off. Awful stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back