2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Is anyone else really starting to detest Andrew Rochford? God he is so smug and his jokes are terrible.

Love Mark tho

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
I really would like to see Blankety Blanks come back, but I suspect the nature of the show may mean its not possible in today's society.

They should get Bruce MacAvaney to host it. The uncomfortable look on his face when he says "Oh, it's Cyril! Cyril said, mmm........." would be priceless.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
How on earth did 31 people not correctly name a picture of the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

And I thought only 51 people recognising a picture from The Castle earlier in the week was bad
The premise is naming them in 100 seconds. What happened with the English one is people often took a long time trying to remember one of the more obscure ones and didn't get around to the easier ones.
In other words, it's not that people didn't know it was the Sydney Harbour Bridge, it's just that they didn't get around to the question.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
The premise is naming them in 100 seconds.
I don't think that is true for those sorts of questions.

In the UK version, they only mention the 100 seconds when they need to name something from a broad category (i.e chemical elements, countries containing a certain letter, words ending in.. etc). When the round is made up of discrete questions, there is never a mention of the 100 seconds.

Or do you have evidence that its always done in 100 seconds?

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Did anyone see the game where they had to name the teams in the AFL 2018 season? Basically all the Victorian teams scored between 5-10, I couldnt believe how low the scores were. Sydney was the highest with 29 and GWS the lowest with 1.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Did anyone see the game where they had to name the teams in the AFL 2018 season? Basically all the Victorian teams scored between 5-10, I couldnt believe how low the scores were. Sydney was the highest with 29 and GWS the lowest with 1.
It's filmed in Sydney, and most of the contestants are from NSW, so I wasn't particularly surprised about the Victorian teams having a low score. I was, however, surprised how low GWS scored, given that it's one of their home teams.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
It's possible people are only allowed to give x amount of answers. So if the question is easy and the answers evenly spread, that might explain why no one club got a huge answer.
Allegedly they have 100 seconds to come up with as many answers as they can. If you asked the same question in Melbourne, Adelaide, or Perth, most of those teams would have had scores of 80+.

You really do have to wonder about their 100 people though. How 30-odd failed to identify the Sydney Harbour Bridge is entirely beyond me. I suspect the 100 they surveyed for that question may have been residing in Ulan Bataar.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
In the latest episode of "WTF were the 100 thinking", when asked for two syllable words in the song "Waltzing Matilda" only 5 people said waltzing :drunk:

I can only assume that all the others either didn't know what a syllable was or just assumed that they couldn't provide that as an answer given its in the question

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
In the latest episode of "WTF were the 100 thining", when asked for two syllable words in the song "Waltzing Matilda" only 5 people said waltzing :drunk:

I can only assume that all the others either didn't know what a syllable was or just assumed that they couldn't provide that as an answer given its in the question

Let's be honest, that's a s**t question

In the latest episode of "WTF were the 100 thinking", when asked for two syllable words in the song "Waltzing Matilda" only 5 people said waltzing :drunk:

One of the contestants clearly didn’t know. Gave a one syllable answer. Partner had dagger eyes.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Would it kill them to have some hotties on the show occaisionally

One thing you could count on with Family Feud is that more often than not, there was some excellent eye candy on display most episodes

I also enjoy those questions about American states a lot, I find them fascinating

Apr 12, 2016
In the basement, mixing up the medicine.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why does the website not provide details of pointless answers for the final money round? Caught the end of it Friday night, Logie Hall Of Fame Members. I thought Play School, Hector Crawford and Don Lane. Didn’t know this version only allows two answers. Contestants won the jackpot with Play School and now want to check my other answers but they don't give the scores, only a list of correct answers.

Why does the website not provide details of pointless answers for the final money round? Caught the end of it Friday night, Logie Hall Of Fame Members. I thought Play School, Hector Crawford and Don Lane. Didn’t know this version only allows two answers. Contestants won the jackpot with Play School and now want to check my other answers but they don't give the scores, only a list of correct answers.

The mobile site is weird sometimes, if you request the desktop site it shows scores
Don 5
Hector 2

Turn your phone on its side.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brit version is better. But they've cleaned up the Aussie one and settled. Could for a quick half hour gimmick and the ???s are about the right standard. Challenging enough for anyone to play, not too easy but nor too difficult where only some brainiac knows em.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would it kill them to have some hotties on the show occaisionally

One thing you could count on with Family Feud is that more often than not, there was some excellent eye candy on display most episodes

I also enjoy those questions about American states a lot, I find them fascinating

Same here. The last one with U.S states that end in a vowel - knew Delaware would be a good answer. Checked the site and it got 2

Back