FTA-TV Pointless

Remove this Banner Ad

The first round on today's episode was embarrassing. Asked to name a South American country, 2 people gave answers that aren't countries (Rio de Janeiro and Machu Pichu), 1 gave a central American country (Nicaragua) and another said Brazil as if he was unsure if it was correct.

If that performance is in any way representative of Australia, then its a massive indictment on the quality of the geography teaching these people got. It would also explain some of the weird survey results some answers get

The first round on today's episode was embarrassing. Asked to name a South American country, 2 people gave answers that aren't countries (Rio de Janeiro and Machu Pichu), 1 gave a central American country (Nicaragua) and another said Brazil as if he was unsure if it was correct.

If that performance is in any way representative of Australia, then its a massive indictment on the quality of the geography teaching these people got. It would also explain some of the weird survey results some answers get

And it's not like SA countries are obscure. Everyone surely knows Brazil Peru Chile and Argentina at the very least

Wow surely this show has more pages in this thread than it does viewers

The one thing you can almost be assured of watching this show is the banter between the host and co-host ends up being weird/creepy at the start.

Only ever watch bits and pieces of the show.....but never feel the need to tune in for the intros. I also find it a little weird that they call them "couples" rather than teams. But hey, overall it is a harmless enough vanilla show at that time of the day. Must be pretty cheap overall too!

Would be pretty cheap to produce, but would be interesting to compare the ratings throughout its history, versus Family Feud, which obviously gave away considerably more prize money.

I'd like to know just how easy the audition questions were for those two to make the cut
They actually did OK on the music questions in the first round. They just had no idea about anything which happened prior to 2015.

At the very least they were entertaining, which is at least as important as being knowledgable when it comes to a show like this.

I just learnt that a whole bunch of famous people were in The Big Short but were technically uncredited (despite the fact that they appear on IMDb). I was confused why it wasn't listed as an answer on Ten Play for the final question as a Margot Robbie movie, and would have been pissed if I were the contestants as I would have given it as an answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite enjoy it, and am disappointed its likely to be dumped.

Was always destined for the chop though unfortunately - Ch10 don't really appear to have any idea about programming....I recall Jeopardy getting chop 20 odd years ago...was that 6pm timeslot too? I guess they'll just go back to MASH repeats like they usually do.

Was always destined for the chop though unfortunately - Ch10 don't really appear to have any idea about programming....I recall Jeopardy getting chop 20 odd years ago...was that 6pm timeslot too? I guess they'll just go back to MASH repeats like they usually do.
6pm is not an easy time slot, as it's up against the news on Nein & 7. Pointless was still infinitely better than the horrible quiz which the ABC tried in the same slot last year.

7 has mash and Simpson's now. So can't use either of those

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

6pm is not an easy time slot, as it's up against the news on Nein & 7. Pointless was still infinitely better than the horrible quiz which the ABC tried in the same slot last year.
Yeah, thats the problem....they would be better off not trying quit shows at 6pm, but admittedly with their news going for an hour from 5, theres probably no alternative......perhaps its time they dropped their news to 30 mins and/or started it at 6.

Pointless would surely be a better viewing option than the rubbish quiz shows on 7 and 9 at 5.30!

I like Grant but look forward to this flopping. Replace a low rating but intelligent game show with an eventually equally low rating but dumbed down game how.

How about an updated Blankety Blanks or Sale Of The Century?

I like Grant but look forward to this flopping. Replace a low rating but intelligent game show with an eventually equally low rating but dumbed down game how.

How about an updated Blankety Blanks or Sale Of The Century?

Match Game (the US version of Blankety Blanks) was revived in the US in 2016 and done well. It's on ABC over there though, which is probably a deal breaker for the CBS owned 10.

Match Game (the US version of Blankety Blanks) was revived in the US in 2016 and done well. It's on ABC over there though, which is probably a deal breaker for the CBS owned 10.

Perhaps but it (BB) was on TEN in the 70's - not sure who would have the rights but it would be a 1000 times better than Celebrity Name Game. These days a "celebrity" is some pleb contestant from a reality show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back