Switch Pokémon Legends Arceus - January 28th 2022

Oooh this looks like open world style Pokemon which people have been asking for. Excite.

Haven't played them for a while but assuming this is why they're bringing out diamond and pearl in lieu of this?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Very excited to see them going in this direction, a few more images alluding to some cool gameplay mechanics

92A8384B-C4A5-46EF-8703-D8B0B97E99B6.jpeg
54F6BF5E-BDCC-4777-8C74-4547FF9F867A.jpeg

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
This looks like a step in the right direction.

But...I am worried about the catch mechanic. The website says you need to observe them to learn their patterns and then try to catch. From the video, the process of standing 10 metres away and throwing a poke ball, then waiting for them to catch, doesn't really seem like engaging gameplay.

I'm also concerned about their choice of words in saying there will be "a version" of battling.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very excited to see them going in this direction, a few more images alluding to some cool gameplay mechanics

View attachment 1066209View attachment 1066210
Getting real BotW vibes here which is imo fantastic. We'll see how it's executed but it seems to be something I've wanted for a long time now.

Also what's with the Rhydon? Is that a regional variant or a shiny or something?

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This looks like a step in the right direction.

But...I am worried about the catch mechanic. The website says you need to observe them to learn their patterns and then try to catch. From the video, the process of standing 10 metres away and throwing a poke ball, then waiting for them to catch, doesn't really seem like engaging gameplay.

I'm also concerned about their choice of words in saying there will be "a version" of battling.

That actually has me really excited with the proviso that it's in an in depth mechanic where the different species of Pokemon genuinely behave differently and have to be caught differently. Having Pokemon in specific locations where you have to use the environment to your advantage would be good too.

I can see it being a real missed opportunity too if, like as you said, you just have to sneak and throw over and over.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
That actually has me really excited with the proviso that it's in an in depth mechanic where the different species of Pokemon genuinely behave differently and have to be caught differently. Having Pokemon in specific locations where you have to use the environment to your advantage would be good too.

I can see it being a real missed opportunity too if, like as you said, you just have to sneak and throw over and over.
I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think Game Freak deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore. Their mechanics and ideas have not been that in-depth or well-executed for a long time and the video didn't fill me with confidence.

Will wait and see on new footage, but I'm worried about this one so far.

It will be better by launch which is still a year away, Sword and Shield ended up with a solid frame rate on release.

Also it’s clearly better graphically than SWSH
View attachment 1066233View attachment 1066234
I agree that it should be a lot better when it launches.

But it's GamFreak. Only need to look at the animations for the legendaries in SwSh to see how happy they are to half ass it.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think Game Freak deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore. Their mechanics and ideas have not been that in-depth or well-executed for a long time and the video didn't fill me with confidence.

Will wait and see on new footage, but I'm worried about this one so far.
Yeah fair enough re game freak.

I personally don't think that you'd be putting much more than they showed in that video if you did have a fleshed out new catching mechanic. I mean it's still a year or so away and showing that potential stuff off later makes more sense in terms of building hype closer to relief.

On the flip side, what we saw in the video could be all there is to it and all they could possibly show.

Just have to wait and see.

Loving the feudal setting though.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I really hope a switch pro is in the works, this and BOTW 2 are going to be severely limited by the switch hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I really hope a switch pro is in the works, this and BOTW 2 are going to be severely limited by the switch hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Won’t happen. Sorry to say but if you want a more powerful switch you’ll have to wait until next gen (2023/2024)

Back