All Australian
Apr 8, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Vancouver Canucks
I like the idea.
I would also like to see a user has to maintain their same 6 man team vs each type or something.

Not really sure I like the idea of someone loading up on 6 fighting types vs the normal gym of the week.

The idea (which I now realise I didn't make clear) is for both the challenger and the gym leader to be using Pokemon of the specific type for each gym.

Like I touched upon though, we're looking at implementing a gold/silver/bronze badge system which would work something along the lines of:

* A gym is 'open' for one week. During that week, the leader will not publicise their team (including posting replays).

* To earn a gold badge, the challenger must defeat the gym leader on the first attempt, using the gym's specific type.

* if the challenger is unsuccessful in obtaining a gold badge, they may challenge for a silver badge. The gym leader will then privately give the opponent full details of the team they are using (including moves/natures/evs) and the challenger may restructure their team to counter that (while still using Pokemon of the gyms type.) The gym leader obviously cannot make any changes to their team.

* if unsuccessful in obtaining a silver badge, the challenger can choose to go for bronze. In this situation they may use 1-2 Pokemon of any type in order to give themselves an advantage.

Once the week is up and the gym is 'closed' players may still challenge that gym but may only challenge for silver and bronze badges, as the gym leader's team (along with replays) will be posted on the forum at the end of the week.

Still early stages - very open to suggestions.

Just another idea to give the challenger a little more of a chance.

Gym leader - Type must be either full that type or the primary.

Challenger - Can use Secondary types

Though, this could be an issue with Flying type

THE411

All Australian
Apr 8, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Vancouver Canucks
I think handicaps like that should be resistricted to bronze battles.

The idea of the gold badges is that they're difficult to get but still obtainable with a good strategy (Wowsk and I are decent but if we took this challenge to Smogon we'd be handing out golds 24-7). Conversely the bronzes should be easy enough to get provided you put at least some thought into it.

Maybe with the bronze attempt the challenger can choose to either restrict the gym leader's choice of Pokemon (Like you've suggested) or expand their own options (like getting a water type in the fire gym).

National Pokedex:
Caught: 610
Seen: 630

Just need the final 30 or so from sinnoh and every pokemon after the first 30 in/from Unova
Good luck! That last 100 or so is a bitch. Going from 200-500 felt like it flew by but from 600-720 is a draaaag

Just got my Shaymin, it's actually a joke it's a mythical Pokemon. What makes it worse it's right next to Darkrai in the Dex.
Sky-forme is bitching though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So amped for Arceus and Genesect, will get 4 of each no doubt. Wish they set low levels so they would actually be worth using though. Or have a Pokemon league with level 100 Pokemon.
You can give EVs to level 100s. Can't exactly remember how but you can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back