Other Pokemon Black: A Randomized Nuzlocke!

Remove this Banner Ad

THE ROAD TO STRIATON CITY!

What a lovely time to set out! It is summer in the Unova region, and today, my very own Pokemon journey was about to begin, along with the journeys of my friends and neighbours, Bianca and Cheren. Today was the day we finally get our very own Pokemon! Professor Juniper was kind enough to gift each of us our very own Pokemon,and even gift wrapped it in a box, complete with bow! I had first choice and I am happy with my choice. I chose the Ghost type:

Casper the Spiritomb, acquired from Professor Juniper in Nuvema town, at level 5.

With our respective partners chosen, Bianca thought it a good idea to have a pokemon battle INSIDE of my bedroom. Well, it is already a mess anyway, so let's do this!

Bianca's chosen partner was Nosepass, and, thanks to type immunity, Casper was easily able to dispatch the Nosepass without taking any damage. Cheren, feeling left out wanted to battle Casper the conquerer as well with his Igglybuff. With a single Faint Attack, Igglybuff was decimated.

After my room got even more destroyed, Cheren and Biance explained to my mother about it and apologised. My dear mother told us not to worry about it and she would clean the mess herself! Huzzah! She told us we should go thank Professor Juniper for our Pokemon, so off we raced. Bianca had to stop by her house and got into a heated argument with her father about her starting her own Pokemon journey, but soon relented.

Inside the Pokemon Research Lab, Professor Juniper tasked us with completing the Pokedex on our Pokemon journey, a quest we all eagerly accepted. And with our new Pokedex and a town map from Mum, we all set out, taking our first steps onto Route 1 where Juniper showed us how to catch a wild Pokemon. After the demonstration, she gave us some Poke Balls, and our adventure has started!

Our very first encounter for Route 1 was a VERY special surprise. A SHINY Snivy jumped out of the grass! After a quick battle, I managed to snare what I feel will be an integral part of our squad!

Marco the Shiny Snivy, capture on Route 1 at Level 2.

After a quick grinding session, I felt confident to move on to Accumula Town where Juniper was awating my arrival to explain how the Pokemon Center, Mart and PC operated and after healing up, I was met with a scene in Accumula Square. Ghetsis, the leader of Team Plasma went on a rant about the liberation of Pokemon and, after he left, a strangem schizophrenic person demanded a battle.

After an annoyingly cumbersome battle against his Level 7, Wish spamming, Rest abusing Jirachi, I managed to dispatch him, and could move on to making my way to Striaton City.

After a quick call and chat with Mother, I received the Running Shoes and made my way along Route 2, running into another powerful Pokemon. After a tense battle, I welcomed the third member of our squad.

Marshall the Magmar, captured on Route 2 at Level 5.

After mowing through the trainers for experience and grinding up my troops, I was just about to make it to Striaton City, when Bianca challenged me to a duel. I made light work of her Level 7 Espeon and Level 7 Nosepass, and with that, I had arrived in Striaton City!

After healing up, I made my way to the Pokemon Trainer's School and made leasy work of Cheren's level 8 Togetic and level 8 Igglybuff. With that sorted, I made my way to the Dreamyard for some more training and after dispatching the trainers, a rather generous trainer gave me an amazing pokemon that continues to make my team versatile.

Raphael the Squirtle, received from Trainer, level 10.

After a quick heal, it was time to take on the Striaton Gym. After dispatching the trainers inside, it was now time to take on Cress in the First Gym Showdown. After a relatively easy battle, I managed to wipe out his Espeon and his Furret and in doing so received the Trio Badge!

PARTY:

Marshall (Magmar) Lv 14.
(Ability: Damp)
(Smog/Leer/Ember/Smokescreen)

Casper (Spiritomb) Lv 14.
(Ability: Cute Charm)
(Pursuit/Confuse Ray/Faint Attack/Shadow Sneak)

Marco (Snivy) Lv 14.
(Ability: Colour Change)
(Tackle/Leer/Vine Whip/Growth)

Raphael (Squirtle) Lv 10
(Ability: Klutz)
(Tackle/Tail Whip/Bubble/Withdraw)

Last edited:
FROM THE DREAMYARD TO NACRENE CITY:

After leaving the gym, I am approached by Fennel, the creator of the Box system in Unova who is working on a new invention. After receiving Cut, I make my way back to the Dreamyard, looking for Dream Mist, given off by Munna. Upon arriving at the Dreamyard, Bianca appears and we venture forth together, finding a Munna being terrorised by Plasma Grunts. After making light work of them, Musharna appears disguised as Ghetsis and scares off the grunts and leaves with Munna but not before dropping the item I was sent for. Fennel appears an grabs the Dream Mist and asks us to visit her back at the lab and leaves. This means I can grab my encounter for the Dream Yard and this playthrough is going even better than I hoped. After throwing 8 pokeballs, I finally managed to snag my 5th squad member.

Richie the Electabuzz, caught in the Dream Yard, Level 8.

After doing a bit more training, I went back and got the C Gear and Pal Pad from Fennel and will now be moving forward as I make my way towards Nacrene City! As I made my way along Route 3, battling trainers I came across, Marco evolved into Servine, and Michelle evolved into Wartotle. After a quick battle battle with Cheren and being alerted to the fact Plasma stole a Pokemon, I quickly grabbed my route 3 encounter, a lvl 8 Cottonee that died to a crit. With that, I set off with Cheren to Wellspring Cave. Before I could make it to the Plasma grunts, I got my encounter. With tremendous difficulty a lot of pokeballs and luck, the 6th member of our squad was captured.

Xavier the Gallade, caught in Wellspring Cave, Level 12.

After defeating the Plasma grunts, I moved on and picked up the items and made my way back to Cheren and Bianca. After bringing back the stolen Pokemon, I made my way south along Route 3 towards Nacrene City, battling and training as I went. After arriving in Nacrene City, I quickly healed my pokemon and headed west to Pinwheel Forest to get my next encounter to help me tackle the Nacrene City Gym. I encountered and managed to capture my 7th pokemon.

Jabba the Muk, captured in Pinwheel Forest, Level 15.

With team healed up and prepared, I made my way towards the museum, which also houses Nacrene's Gym, and ran into the weird green haired dude again. He challenged me to a battle but once again, my team wiped the floor with him, and he huffed off, talking about some legendary power. Once inside the museum, I went fore a little tour and then headed inside to face the second gym of my short journey.

I made my way through the bookshelves, defeating the trainers as I went until I finally uncovered Lenore's undergound hideout and made extremely quick work of her, Marshall destroying her Seedot and Xavier dismantling her Gurdurr. With that, I gained the Basic Badge and defeated the second gym.

Upon defeating Lenore, Team Plasma have stolen a Skeleton from the Dragonite exhibit and I am tasked with getting it back.

PARTY:

Marshall
(Magmar) Lv 22.
(Ability: Damp)
(Smog/Faint Attack/Ember/Smokescreen)

Casper (Spiritomb) Lv 18.
(Ability: Cute Charm)
(Pursuit/Hypnosis/Faint Attack/Shadow Sneak)

Marco (Servine) Lv 19.
(Ability: Slow Start)
(Leaf Tornado/Cut/Vine Whip/Growth)

Raphael (Wartortle) Lv 22.
(Ability: Inner Focus)
(Bite/Tail Whip/Bubble/Withdraw)

Richie (Electabuzz) Lv 19.
(Ability: Plus)
(Quick Attack/Leer/Thundershock/Low Kick)

Xavier (Gallade) Lv 25.
(Ability: Blaze)
(Slash/Confusion/Double Team/Heal Pulse)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back