Switch Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for all the dumb questions.

Glowing Pokemon that are HUGE or TINY - does that have a big impact on their strength?
Just bonus XP. And obviously the moves that are affected by weight, but nothing outside of that.

i got a shiny rattata! it's a strange feeling, sorta like finding a $100 note half encrusted in a fossil of s**t. i was 'shiny hunting' (chucked a lure on in the grass before rock tunnel) for 5 mins with 5 combo on a nidoran female :thumbsu::fire::rainbow:

The level jump of trainers from rock tunnel to Erika is quite dramatic, as long as you don't chain catch with your main team you can actually be challenged by some trainers.

Have found 3 shiny's so far.

Growlieth (Was found chain catching).
Oddish (Was found chain catching)
Magikarp (Was found randomly, with perfect IV's across the board in everything but special defense and special attack)

The level jump of trainers from rock tunnel to Erika is quite dramatic, as long as you don't chain catch with your main team you can actually be challenged by some trainers.

Have found 3 shiny's so far.

Growlieth (Was found chain catching).
Oddish (Was found chain catching)
Magikarp (Was found randomly, with perfect IV's across the board in everything but special defense and special attack)

Took me a while to figure out how to discard Pokemon so for a while my team was 5 Oddishes. :D Haven't settled on what my main team will be, but finding Bulbasaur so quickly was a pleasant surprise. How do you check IVs?

Took me a while to figure out how to discard Pokemon so for a while my team was 5 Oddishes. :D Haven't settled on what my main team will be, but finding Bulbasaur so quickly was a pleasant surprise. How do you check IVs?

Once you have caught 30 pokemon you get the judge ability on your pokedex from one of Prof Oaks aides.

When you shiny chain, if you press the home button (but not exit the game) does it interfere your chance of shiny?
If I'm chaining Psyducks and get to the 31 chain, do I expect any shiny to come across or would it be shiny Psyducks?

When you shiny chain, if you press the home button (but not exit the game) does it interfere your chance of shiny?
If I'm chaining Psyducks and get to the 31 chain, do I expect any shiny to come across or would it be shiny Psyducks?
It doesn’t cancel the chain.

Any Pokemon can be shiny, not just the one you’re chaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only up to Cerulean but enjoying it. Does get a bit tricky when I run out of Pokeballs though, maybe I'm trying to grind too much too early.

I try to be efficient and establish catch combos rather than just catching everything. Diglett Cave is perfect for grinding a bit later on.

So after an hour of trying to get a shiny Charmander... got to 3 in my catch combo and the next one ran. Yay
After 4 hours and a catch combo of 36 I thought I was so close to getting that shiny Charmander, instead a shiny Golbat appears :'(

In the next 10 minutes I had 3 shiny Golbats, next time even if another shiny appears I’ll wait it out for Charmander.

After 4 hours and a catch combo of 36 I thought I was so close to getting that shiny Charmander, instead a shiny Golbat appears :'(

In the next 10 minutes I had 3 shiny Golbats, next time even if another shiny appears I’ll wait it out for Charmander.

Are you aware you can catch combo any pokemon and it changes the chances for pokemon in other routes?

I.E - If I catch combo Caterpie in Viridian Forrest, but fly to Rock Tunnel to find wild Geodude, the Geodude will have increased chance of Shiny. (Of course once you catch one the chain will be broken, but I am finding this an easy way to set up catching chains).

Are you aware you can catch combo any pokemon and it changes the chances for pokemon in other routes?

I.E - If I catch combo Caterpie in Viridian Forrest, but fly to Rock Tunnel to find wild Geodude, the Geodude will have increased chance of Shiny. (Of course once you catch one the chain will be broken, but I am finding this an easy way to set up catching chains).
Hmm ok so I'm technically not increasing my chances of a shiny Charmander just whatever is in that area? That kind of sucks but fair enough.

Hmm ok so I'm technically not increasing my chances of a shiny Charmander just whatever is in that area? That kind of sucks but fair enough.

Correct, the only good side to it is that if you do find a shiny Charmander you can continue to chain them afterwards (if you are looking for a certain IV or nature)

i caught 2 shinies in a 30 minute block when i was only 5 chains into vulpix and then jigglypuff. pidgeotto and pidgey. shiny hunting with one remote in your hand is blissful

I only got a shiny Graveler in Victory Road. They're pretty easy to catch and establish chains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back