Pokemon Premier League [Signups Close Friday 11:59pm]

What Format would you like (Select one Team Option and One League Option)

• No Restrictions (OU & Below)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draft

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Random

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No Restrictions (Varying Tiers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round Style

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tournament Style

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Franchise Style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Pokemon Premier League
pokemon trainer red.jpg
Hello, and welcome to the signup thread for a new Bigfooty Pokemon Tournament. With the announcement of Sun and Moon hyping up the pokemon fans across Bigfooty, what better way to celebrate than with an online pokemon tournament. We've completed a couple in the past and they've both been huge successes.

This tounrament will be run on Pokemon Showdown ( http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ ) an online battle simulator, which means there is absolute no time required for breeding and training pokemon. This tournament is designed to be quick and easy for competitors to take part in and is suitable for brand new and experienced pokemon trainers.

The way the tournament will be run is up to us; the community to vote on.
There are two aspects on which we have to decide, Firstly the restrictions on teams, how they are established and secondly what style the tounrament is run in. Check out the explanations below

Team Restrictions/Variations
No Restrictions (OU and Below)
- any player can bring any team to any matchup within the tournament. Let your imagination go wild and construct a team at your whim, you can change your team for each battle and use whatever pokemon you'd like.
Draft - Establish a draft style league, where the pokemon are drafted off with trainers only able to access the pokemon they have drafted when preparing for matchups. Roster sizes will be limited, this means you can prepare for your opponent weekly based off of their team roster and just like your football club become attached to your best performing pokemon throughout the tournament.
Random - Randomly allocate pokemon in a draft stlye format where one pokemon is tied to one individual trainer. Teams will be created using random number generators and your squad is based entirely on luck.
No Restrictions (Varying Tiers) - no restriction team building within Smogon Pokemon tiers. Each round of the tournament will be a different tier ranging from Ubers, to OU and down to NU and even Little Cup. Each week you have no restriction upon building a team that is validated within that particular rounds tier.

League Style
Round Based Season
- a season style tournament where every team plays every other team, round by round to establish a ladder leading to a finals system. Conference systems can also be introduced to alter the length of the season in coordination with the number of participants.
Tournament Style - ala World Cups, establish pools and then proceed into a knockout elimination final system.
Franchise Style - allocate trainers into franchises (of say three trainers per franchise) the franchise competes against other franchises where trainers are matched up in three separate matches. The franchise that wins two out of three matches wins the round. Each match would have a different play style incorporating different tiers or gametypes.

Signup below, signups will be open for 14 days at this stage but can be changed based off of input.

Really hope you signup and enjoy, I hope I can run a quality tournament.

Current Members
1. FlowersByIrene
2. Millky95
3. Igloo
4. timtamWB
5. BB 8
6. simba_
7. DaZorko
8. Some Idiot
9. nahnah
10. Aliago
11. PAFC18
12. The Big Sauce

Last edited:

In

Should we try VCG rules? Which is the official Pokemon rules?
Yeah we could do VCG if people are keen

Its only 4 v 4 and double though, so its a pretty weird format, certainly not like a normal pokemon battle from the main game story like we're used to

And has its own set of rules and style that isnt very friendly to new players who havent experienced it before.

But if people are keen. When i get home i'll add it as an option to the poll.

Yeah we could do VCG if people are keen

Its only 4 v 4 and double though, so its a pretty weird format, certainly not like a normal pokemon battle from the main game story like we're used to

And has its own set of rules and style that isnt very friendly to new players who havent experienced it before.

But if people are keen. When i get home i'll add it as an option to the poll.
Im happy to do multiple formats over time of we get the interest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been practising in diff tiers, feel like I'm very capable in OU and UU. Currently doing RU and finding it pretty easy to get a Scrafty sweep every second battle. Use the three regenerator pokes and force them to switch into a bad match up for Scrafty and then set up. The amount of times someone has tried to toxic it multiple times despite seeing shed skin...
Next tier I need to master is NU which I've never really played.

Back