Other Pokemon Red Randomiser Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Inspired by Eth's story, and the Nuzlocke challenge, I am going to play through Pokemon Red, using a predetermined team of 5 pokemon chosen by a pokemon generator. With my starter, I am going to leave it all up to chance, using a number generator with the numbers 0-9. If the number is 1-3 I choose Bulbasaur, 4-6 Squirtle, 7-9 I choose Charmander, and if it is a 0 I get to choose.

The Rules:

1) I can catch as many pokemon as I want, as long as it is the first on a route, until I have the team that has been predetermined, and then I must release all other pokemon.

2) I cannot use healing items, and must use Pokemon Centres only.

3) I cannot switch out a pokemon in the middle of a battle. I can only change when my active pokemon faints. However, I can change my battle order outside of battles, at any time.

ALRIGHTY THEN!

Random Number Generator: 9

So, Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome the first pokemon of my team:

#004 Charmander!

185px-004Charmander.png

Pokemon Randomiser:

The Second Pokemon in my team is:

#56 Mankey!

210px-056Mankey.png

The Third Pokemon in my team is:

#96 Drowzee!

130px-096Drowzee.png

The Fourth Pokemon in my team is:

#60 Poliwag

160px-060Poliwag.png

The Fifth Pokemon in my team is:

#25 Pikachu

190px-025Pikachu.png

The Final Pokemon in my team is:

#149 Dragonite

190px-149Dragonite.png

I started my journey, after stepping into the tall grass, I got scolded by an old man, who, gave me my first pokemon, Charmander, who I named Dexter. My rival, Assface, challenged me with his Squirtle, but Dexter was triumphant, also gaining a level in the progress.

a2zvjc.gif

I head north, into the grasses, and encounter some wild Pidgey and Rattata, who Dexter has no qualms crushing, on his way to levelling up. In his last battle before we hit Viridian City, Dexter levelled up to Level 9, learning Ember!

I Had to run an errand, and handed Professor Oak a parcel, and he gave me and Assface a pokedex. I returned to Viridian City, and headed west, obliterating all in my Path, including Assface, who happened to have caught a Pidgey. Dexter breezed through Assface, and entered the wild grass, and I caught a Wild Male Nidoran!

I decided to head North, and entered Viridian Forest, in search of the second member of my party, and after several minutes, I encountered a wild Pikachu! After several moments, Pikachu was mine, and I affectionately named him Sparky.

The Bug Catchers in Viridian Forest were no match for Dexter's Ember attack, and all too soon, I was out of there, and on my way to Pewter City. I decided to train Sparky up, and before long, he had gained 5 levels, reaching level 10! Before my big encounter with Gym Leader Brock, I decided to train Dexter, and lo and behold, he evolved at Level 16! After dispatching the trainer in the Gym, I faced Brock, and Dexter decimated him, gaining a level in the process! I received the Boulder Badge and a TM containing Bide. I was finally free to continue my journey.

I was on my way towards Mt. Moon, defeating all trainers in my path, Sparky doing the job, getting to level 14, and Dexter gaining another level.

I finally reached Mt. Moon, rested up at the Poke Centre, and ventured forth.

After Shockwaving my way through several trainers and countless Zubat, I managed to catch a Geodude. After a exploring, I managed to defeat the Team Rocket Members, and the Fossil Maniac, and chose a fossil, and was out of Mt. Moon. Dexter levelled up to Level 21, and Sparky was level 17.

I finally made my way to Cerulean City, and healed up, before heading up north, towards Nugget Bridge, and I encountered Assface. However, Sparky was up to the challenge, and burned through all of Assface's Pokemon, gaining another 2 levels.

I decided to tackle Misty at the Gym, my assault spearheaded by Sparky, who decimated both trainers and finally Misty herself, with shockwave. I received the Cascade Badge, and another TM, and I decided to continue North onto Nugget Bridge. I dominated the trainers, and received a nugget as a prize, and then finally, worked my way towards Bill's house, and helped him return to human form, and he, in return, gave me an SS. Anne Ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After helping Bill, I headed towards the Childcare Centre, and managed to catch the Third Member of my team, a A level 14 Mankey, I named Pacquiao.

I walked down the Underground Path, and made it to Vermillion City, after Dexter and Sparky decimated some trainers. I decided to head East first, and catch a fourth Member of my team, which I did, catching a Level 11 Drowzee, named Freud.

I made it aboard the SS. Anne, and headed towards the captain's quarters, and ran into Assface. Assface managed to faint Sparky, who was low on health, and Dexter managed to put up a fight, fainting 3 of his pokemon, before Wartortle fainted him with a critical hit. Pacquiao managed to land the final blow on Wartortle and fainted him, ending Assface, allowing me to get Cut. I disembarked and watched the ship sail off without me.

I entered Digletts cave, and caught a level 19 Diglett, and taught it Dig, before heading towards Lt. Surge and sweeping the trainers and Surge with Diglett, earning me my third badge.

After defeating Lt. Surge and collecting the bicycle voucher, I headed back towards Cerulean City, and collected my bike, and headed towards Rock Tunnel. After defeating the trainers, I emerged from Rock Tunnel, into Lavender Town.

Dexter (Charmander) is Level 31
Freud (Drowzee) is Level 25
Sparky (Pikachu) is Level 25
Pacquiao (Mankey) is Level 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back