Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Sobble

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The day they make this game but with Pokemon Tournament like combat is the day Pokemon games have reached their peak.

Being able to patiently figure out your moves, items and strategies is one of the best things about Pokemon in my opinion.

Being able to patiently figure out your moves, items and strategies is one of the best things about Pokemon in my opinion.

With the capabilities of the consoles they should evolve beyond that. I’d save that style for handheld releases.

Could do a similar but more complex style akin to championship manager, have the match play out in front of you without your control, and you select commands from a menu, your character yells them out and the more gym badges and how long youve bonded with the Pokémon the quicker and more accurate the response.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little surprised by the poor reception on here. Went in very apprehensive but am excited by the little they've shown so far.
Im still excited as i always am for new games but i can see where the disappointment would come from.

- Slightly better graphics than Sun and Moon (Plenty of other Switch games look much better)

- Back to random encounters

- No pokemon following

- Camera from the trailer looks the same as always

It barely looks like its using a fraction of what the Switch is capable of, hoping maybe a 2nd region like a return to Kalos could be included with this country being the one it went to war with thats referenced in XY.

Im still excited as i always am for new games but i can see where the disappointment would come from.

- Slightly better graphics than Sun and Moon (Plenty of other Switch games look much better)

- Back to random encounters

- No pokemon following

- Camera from the trailer looks the same as always

It barely looks like its using a fraction of what the Switch is capable of, hoping maybe a 2nd region like a return to Kalos could be included with this country being the one it went to war with thats referenced in XY.
I guess I'm comparing against the handheld Pokemon games rather than other Switch games. It's not realistic for a company that's always operated on portable consoles to suddenly, in a relatively quick turnaround, harness the power of a completely new home/portable hybrid console. It will take time and this was always going to be a stepping stone. I'm more worried about the content and how that's grown than the exterior shine on it - and I'd be devastated to lose random encounters, personally.

I guess I'm comparing against the handheld Pokemon games rather than other Switch games. It's not realistic for a company that's always operated on portable consoles to suddenly, in a relatively quick turnaround, harness the power of a completely new home/portable hybrid console. It will take time and this was always going to be a stepping stone. I'm more worried about the content and how that's grown than the exterior shine on it - and I'd be devastated to lose random encounters, personally.
The more i look into it the more it grows on me, map isnt as linear as it looks at first glance either. In the end it looks like and seems to play like a traditional pokemon game which isnt a bad thing at all.

Back