• Grookey

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Sobble

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They now have a 3 year gap between generations and that’s only for the first set of games in the generation aswell
Thats not a source.

They've also been working on this game since before they started working on the Lets Go game. There has been more than enough time to get all pokemon into this game.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Development times, Pokemon has a set date for every game now between generations and demand for remakes of older games at the same quality are also expected.
This highlights the stupidity of set dates more than it justifies the omission of Pokemon.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
This highlights the stupidity of set dates more than it justifies the omission of Pokemon.
Set dates come more from the Pokémon company in aligning their Tv Show, trading cards and all that stuff. I mean it’s not that hard to put filler in the tv show but to the Pokémon company it’s the big picture moreso than the games themselves.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Set dates come more from the Pokémon company in aligning their Tv Show, trading cards and all that stuff. I mean it’s not that hard to put filler in the tv show but to the Pokémon company it’s the big picture moreso than the games themselves.
I understand, but I don't think that really justifies it. If it was EA or Activision publishing a game without reasonably expected content because they had to meet a deadline they would be panned. I don't see this situation as any different.

It's not a deal-breaker for me but it's disappointing. The transition to Switch was always going to be challenging, but I'm disappointed they've gone with an easier way out.

As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up drip-feeding Pokemon into the game with updates as a not-so-subtle attempt to extend the game's longevity.

Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
I understand, but I don't think that really justifies it. If it was EA or Activision publishing a game without reasonably expected content because they had to meet a deadline they would be panned. I don't see this situation as any different.

It's not a deal-breaker for me but it's disappointing. The transition to Switch was always going to be challenging, but I'm disappointed they've gone with an easier way out.

As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up drip-feeding Pokemon into the game with updates as a not-so-subtle attempt to extend the game's longevity.
They are being panned, it's ultimately only a vocal minority and it won't affect sales but they're definitely copping it.

You could tell Masuda was dissapointed when he delivered the news and he's said as much in interviews since.

Oct 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
End of the day they have themselves to blame when they added Ice cream cones and a set of car keys as Pokemon, if they hadn't wasted time adding for the sake of it they could probably have a solid 500 Pokemon.

I'll buy It and I'll probably spend over a hundred hours on it but this day and age that can't be an excuse.

Just bring out a Pokemon Crystal remake like 'Lets go' and all will be forgiven.

What are peoples thoughts on the lets go game? Ive read its more aimed at younger people new to pokemon and not much about battling... is that right?

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
They are being panned, it's ultimately only a vocal minority and it won't affect sales but they're definitely copping it.

You could tell Masuda was dissapointed when he delivered the news and he's said as much in interviews since.
Oh I know they're copping it - I wasn't suggesting that they weren't. I was just disagreeing with the timeline defence - it's not an excuse when other companies do it, why should it be here?

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
What are peoples thoughts on the lets go game? Ive read its more aimed at younger people new to pokemon and not much about battling... is that right?
Felt it was too easy and did not like it. Did a couple of things right, but it was genwunner trash.

Felt it was too easy and did not like it. Did a couple of things right, but it was genwunner trash.
Yeah thought that would be the case

Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
I prefer the regular main line games but I still really enjoyed let's go and think it's worth a play through if you're a Pokemon fan.

I also really like gen 1 for sentimental reasons because it's my introduction to Pokemon 22 years ago or however long it's been.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I get that people are having fun laying into Gamefreak at the moment but that’s an E3 demo build.

If it’s still like that in the final product than have at it.
My biggest gripe is ok you’ve added what everyone has wanted in the wild area but why is it just one part of the game? to me they’re just so far behind in terms of where they could be. To me it just looks messy and not well put together.

Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
My biggest gripe is ok you’ve added what everyone has wanted in the wild area but why is it just one part of the game? to me they’re just so far behind in terms of where they could be. To me it just looks messy and not well put together.
That’s a fair comment.

I’m a little more forgiving but I fully understand peoples gripes with Gamefreak and the Pokémon games, I agree with a lot of them, but you have to be fair about it, some people go way over the top with it.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s a fair comment.

I’m a little more forgiving but I fully understand peoples gripes with Gamefreak and the Pokémon games, I agree with a lot of them, but you have to be fair about it, some people go way over the top with it.
Everyone plays the game differently, for me not having all the Pokémon is not an issue there are too many anyways and having less legendaries in the game is always a good thing. It’s just a shame there are only so many slots and they’ve given three of them to the ice cream Pokémon..
The game is a step in the right direction but imo they’re behind where they should be.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I actually like the challenge of beating the game with a group of mons Ive never used before

Blind Nuzlocke is the way to go.

I fond the opposite. Because you can't grind through training against wild pokemon it makes trainer battles more challenging and interesting.

For me I want to be able to bring my whole team across if I want to, I want to be able to use the Mon that I like to get through the game. It also gives me continuity with the team I built from X and Omega Ruby going forward. It seems a pretty weak excuse to say they don't have the graphics/animations/whatever to do it when you look at the animations in a Pokemon game compared to the engines and capacities of other games in 2019.

I fond the opposite. Because you can't grind through training against wild pokemon it makes trainer battles more challenging and interesting.
Can't say I agree with that. Probably only half way through the games but as usual the battles are a real bore as I can just steamroll through with my over leveled pokemon. Not over leveled by gridning levels either, just playing the game. Probably the easiest of all the already easy games in the series.

It seems a pretty weak excuse to say they don't have the graphics/animations/whatever to do it when you look at the animations in a Pokemon game compared to the engines and capacities of other games in 2019.
This is a good point. I think a lot of people would be more accepting of this if it looked like a game from 2019.

Back