Pokemon Tournament

What happens after first round?

• Keep same teams

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Catch 2/release 2 pokemon

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm stealing some rules from the last tournament on here but have made a few tweeks to keep things fresh.

The battles will be run using Pokemon Showdown.
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Draft Order

1. eDPS
  2. NinjaSwan
  3. SM
  4. TJASTA
  5. Cadaver
  6. Loonerty
  7. StFly
  8. Harry000

Rules
Mega Evolutions cannot be drafted but if you draft Charizard you could, if you want to, make it turn into Mega Charizard. Only one mega and one pokemon with a Z-move per battle (so one of each).

You can however, draft Pokemon in the same evolution line as another drafted Pokemon; Slowbro and Slowking/Onix and Steelix, etc.
Initially, each player will pick 7 Pokemon, for a full party of 6 and one substitute. In between battles you can change the items and move-sets of all your 'mons.

Games will be played using Smogon SM OU (OverUsed) rules. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/ou/ (note, you can use any pokemon from the tiers below OU under the OU rules so OU, UU, RU, NU, and PU .

Once teams have been picked, players will be split into two groups of 4, and a Group Round will begin, with each person playing each opponent twice to accurately portray the table.

The Top 2 of each group will advance to Finals,the Top Player of each group plays the Second Top Player of the other group.

After a battle one/both of the players will click the "Upload and Share Replay" button in the Showdown Battle Simulator and post the link in here.

Ladder will be decided by Wins and by 'mons remaining. For instance if SM beat me and had two Pokemon left he would be +2 and I would be -2.
A secondary tie breaker would be unused Pokemon, just in case someone managed to win a game while only using 4 Pokemon in battle which would make them +2 for that.

After the group round the Pokemon of all eliminated players will be released to the wild. The remaining 4 players get 4 poke balls each and can attempt to catch two additional pokemon. You can have as many throws at a pokemon until you run out of poke balls. A coin flip app will be used to determine whether the pokemon is caught. I will operate the app but if I am not eliminated I will ask an eliminated player to do it out of fairness. Your max party size will still be 7. This means that if you successfully catch a pokemon, one must be released in its place. If two people elect the same pokemon the coin flip will decide who gets first throw, then players will take alternate turns in attempting to catch it.

Draft Picks
Round 1

eDPS - Tyranitar
Ninja Swan - Greninja
SM - Froslass
Tjasta - Emolga
Cadaver - Chansey
Loonerty - Heatran
StFly - Kyurem b
harry000 - Azumarill
Round 2
harry000 - Mega Pinsir
StFly - Ditto
Loonerty - Celesteela
Cadaver - Zapdos
Tjasta - Alolan ninetales
SM - Slurpuff
Ninja Swan - Magearna
eDPS - Excadrill
Round 3
eDPS - Tapu Koko
Ninja Swan - Landorus T
SM - Flygon
Tjasta - Swampert
Cadaver - Jirachi
Loonerty - Ferrothorn
StFly - Alolan Muk
harry000 - Hooper unbound
Round 4
harry000 - Alolan Marowak
StFly - Mew
Loonerty - Garchomp
Cadaver - Sableye
Tjasta - Terrakion
SM - Ludicolo
Ninja Swan - Medicham
eDPS - Volcarona
Round 5
eDPS - Milotic
Ninja Swan - Tapu Fini
SM - Blissey
Tjasta - Venusaur
Cadaver - Tangrowth
Loonerty - Alakazam
StFly - charizard
harry000 - Rotom Wash
Round 6
harry000 - Gliscor
StFly - Aggron
Loonerty - Magnezone
Cadaver - Quagsire
Tjasta - kommo o
SM - Mega Mawille
Ninja Swan - Kartana
eDPS - Scyther
Round 7
eDPS - Keldeo
Ninja Swan - Clefable
SM - Clefki
Tjasta - Victini
Cadaver - Toxapex
Loonerty - Scizor
StFly - Buzzwole
harry000 - Tapu lele

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a somewhat unrelated note, I do have Platinum and Ruby but can’t really get into them. How far removed do we expect Sword and Shield to be from the good old days of Gen I and II? I’m tossing up whether a Switch will be worth the investment when I get home (would be my first console since my PS2) and a worthwhile Pokemon game would go a long way towards convincing me. Can’t say the early glimpses at the new starters excite me all that much.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I do have Platinum and Ruby but can’t really get into them. How far removed do we expect Sword and Shield to be from the good old days of Gen I and II? I’m tossing up whether a Switch will be worth the investment when I get home (would be my first console since my PS2) and a worthwhile Pokemon game would go a long way towards convincing me. Can’t say the early glimpses at the new starters excite me all that much.
Will be alot different to the early generations.. although I think they are at least going back to a gym leader style storyline.

I ditch the starters now days as soon as I start getting a decent team together lol

Im in the same boat, considering getting a switch, they are pretty expensive but ah well!

Will be alot different to the early generations.. although I think they are at least going back to a gym leader style storyline.

I ditch the starters now days as soon as I start getting a decent team together lol

Im in the same boat, considering getting a switch, they are pretty expensive but ah well!
They were relatively reasonable in the UK (although then you’ve got to buy all the accessories which adds up).

Hmm I’ll hold off until I’ve read a few reviews of the games. It’s down the list in terms of planned expenditure anyway so guess I’ll see how we go. I might be too far removed from the target demographic now anyway :p

They were relatively reasonable in the UK (although then you’ve got to buy all the accessories which adds up).

Hmm I’ll hold off until I’ve read a few reviews of the games. It’s down the list in terms of planned expenditure anyway so guess I’ll see how we go. I might be too far removed from the target demographic now anyway :p
They have online battling now which makes it a bit more interesting. Build a team then battle other people. The game itself is pretty easy to beat for anyone with a brain.

Thats the interesting thing about nintendo, they do make alot of stuff for young people Im hoping the switch has more than just pokemon that Id be interested in!

Back