Poker terms

Remove this Banner Ad

"****ING VARIANCE" :mad:*
- uttered after copping a ridiculously bad beat, a more philosophical and less offensive outburst than ****ING MOTHER****ing ****

* from experience

dyertribe - When you're leading a 45-seat $60 dollar turbo at the final table and lose 4 straight all-in calls when you're comfortably ahead in each one.

Gives an idea for another thread similar to the ''TAB Characters' thread on the punting board

There would be

Sitter- This is the person who registers for a tourney 3 hours before it starts and then decides to go visit relatives.

Baby Sitter :cool: - sits and waits for the Paired hand and then bets all in and yells yeah baby when they jag it

I am sure there are plenty more and these are just an example, I will let R&B start this thread as I am sure he has a million more names than I do

I haven't played online much in recent times, I suggest a few other guys here have a lot more experience (and frustration).

Double Shootout - a tournament where only 1 player advances from each table but the top 2 (at least) win a prize.

Played one of them Sunday night for an entry into Sunday Millions on PS. Came 26th from 64. :thumbsdown:

All-in - When a player uses all their chips in a single bet :p

Just made this up after watching Jamie Gold and Annette 15 on WSOPE (Fox Sports 1).

Bottom-bottom (as opposed to Gold's top-top): having bottom pair, bottom kicker

Annette raised pre-flop with 62dd, had a loose caller with 87o. Flop was Q96, he bets, she raised, he raised, she pushed, he folded.

CiB - um, i dunno, i need help with this one guys

seen it a couple times on 2p2 :confused:

Quoted from a thread on 2p2:

CiB is about minreraising with nothing and achieving a fold.

it takes years of practice, precise reads, an adequate bankroll....... and a healthy ego.

Click it back.. min-reraise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this CiB ?

PokerStars Game #16909539086: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2008/04/22 - 06:23:08 (ET)

Table 'Prudentia' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: masachuses ($15.05 in chips)
Seat 3: gkain ($5.80 in chips)
Seat 4: Zhancz ($10 in chips)
Seat 5: mattsvip ($10.80 in chips)
Seat 6: JBartel333 ($7.85 in chips)

gkain: posts small blind $0.05
Zhancz: posts big blind $0.10

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JBartel333 [8c 9c]

mattsvip: folds
JBartel333: calls $0.10
masachuses: folds
gkain: raises $0.30 to $0.40
Zhancz: folds
JBartel333: calls $0.30

*** FLOP *** [As Td 7h]

gkain: checks
JBartel333: checks

*** TURN *** [As Td 7h] [6c]

gkain: checks
JBartel333: bets $0.50
gkain: raises $0.80 to $1.30
JBartel333: raises $1.20 to $2.50
gkain: raises $1.20 to $3.70
JBartel333: raises $1.40 to $5.10
gkain: raises $0.30 to $5.40 and is all-in
JBartel333: calls $0.30

*** RIVER *** [As Td 7h 6c] [9d]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
gkain: shows [Ad 7c] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
JBartel333: shows [8c 9c] (a straight, Six to Ten)
JBartel333 collected $11.15 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $11.70 | Rake $0.55
Board [As Td 7h 6c 9d]

Seat 2: masachuses (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: gkain (small blind) showed [Ad 7c] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 4: Zhancz (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: mattsvip folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: JBartel333 showed [8c 9c] and won ($11.15) with a straight, Six to Ten

Good fold by Hachem eh :eek: What a nit!

Guess he should have folded his 73o at the WSOP when the flop came 654 :D

A-2 "The Shaun Taylor". The hand was dedicated by my mate to Shaun Taylor, a Washington Redskins player which was murdered in his home. He wore the number 12 hence A-2. My mate has never lost an all in on the Shaun Taylor ever since.

repechage - tournament where an eliminated player can buy-in again in a different flight (not to be confused with a rebuy)

Day 3 (Flight 3) of Event 5 at the 2008 Melbourne Poker Championships is a repechage.

overlimp - to limp into an unraised pot after 1 or more other players already have

overcall - to call a bet after 1 or more other players already have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back