Poker terms

Remove this Banner Ad

saw something from a 2p2 B+M mod:

overcall - to call a bet after 1 or more other players already have

overcall - to call out at showdown a hand better than what you are holding

and I quote: "In many rooms if a player overcalls their hand at the showdown it is dead by rule if his opponent mucks based on his overcall. This rule originated in lowball, and is becoming less and less standard as time goes by."

clean outs - the number of outs you have to make your hand less how many would make a better hand for someone else

eg. you flop an OESD on a flushing board. you only have 6 "clean" outs.

I believe no one has explained 'slow-rolling' yet?
i am very confused as to what this means as it seems different players have very different opinions as to what the term actually means (if anyone saw the poker after dark cash game you get my drift)

slow-rolling
waiting til the last possible moment to show down the winning hand, in an attempt to make your opponent believe he has won the pot when he has not.

slow-rolling
waiting til the last possible moment to show down the winning hand, in an attempt to make your opponent believe he has won the pot when he has not.
such a **** thing to do, especially if it's a big pot (cash game) or an important hand (tournaments)

A-2 "The Shaun Taylor". The hand was dedicated by my mate to Shaun Taylor, a Washington Redskins player which was murdered in his home. He wore the number 12 hence A-2. My mate has never lost an all in on the Shaun Taylor ever since.
Actually Sean Taylor was 21 not 12 but it still works

May be these are in haven't had the time to read all pages.
some may have differents names

J K (off) - the Masturbator
Q 3 - San Fransisco Busboy
K 9 - Snoop Dogg
6 9 - Dinner for two
A J - the Noose
A T - Death Row

these are terms used by the ppl I play poker with

another one i have just remembered

( what's a ) J(ack) 4 - Flat tyre

J-J with a J on the board - Jacks Hit
J-rag with no J on the board Jack S*it

BTW anyone here play National Poker League?

No idea r+b.

Not exactly a term as such, but my favourite quote from Rounders: "In the poker game of life, women are the rake". In other words they f##k you over and take your money. :D....no offence intended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i saw the term flags used again later in that thread. flags must be american slang for chips because he says

brought 75k back from turks & caicos, 30k in flags 45 in cash, i tried to fill out the form for the full 75, but the customs agent in miami told me that the chips didnt need to be declared, and had me fill out the form for the 45k only.

sorry to go off topic...but i didnt want to open a new threead for just a question

few years back i remember watching a poker variation where you would show your hole cards to opponent but not yourself.. i think it was just a one off type event. but have been tryin to find the name.
anyone??
cheers

i've seen something like this, you play based on what your opponents have.

not sure off the top of my head, maybe someone else knows, otherwise i'll look it up tonight.

could be an interesting party game when you're drunk!

you might hear these when a player squeezes a card

no side - an Ace, deuce or trey
two across - a 4, 5 or 6
three across - a 7 or 8
four across - a 9 or 10

i've seen something like this, you play based on what your opponents have.

not sure off the top of my head, maybe someone else knows, otherwise i'll look it up tonight.

could be an interesting party game when you're drunk!

They had this at the world series a few years back, needless to say it was the most awesome event ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back