Poker terms

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
sleeper (bet) - a pre-flop blind-raise (without option), made from a position other than "under the gun"

super sleeper - a pre-flop blind-raise (without option), made from the button

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
BOMB POT

for one random hand, everyone agrees to put in some fixed amount pre. eg. 1/3 NL, everyone puts in $20 pre. Once the flop is dealt, play as normal.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
rock - no, not a tight player, but a mandatory straddle by the winner of the previous pot. eg. 2/5 PLO w/ rock

Dramaha (aka drawmaha) - 6-max split-pot mix-game of 5C draw and 5C omaha (Big O). Plays like a normal community game except on the flop where live players draw cards after betting is complete. At showdown, 1/2 pot goes to best Omaha hand, 1/2 pot to best hand in the hole.

Sviten (aka Sviten Special) - a variant of Dramaha. On the flop draw, any player that only draws 1 card is dealt that card face up. They can accept it otherwise they are dealt a card face down.

Archie - possibly invented in Phoenix AZ and named after a player who lost a lot of money playing the game. 6-max TD H/L split, 99 high qual, 8 low qual (Kansas City rules, ie. A-5. Thus low can scoop, and if no qualifying hands, pot is split.

Of course in Australia, you're unlikely to see anything other than NLH, LH or PLO played for cash.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I reckon in 10 years I'll still be learning new terms.

Greek Holdem - regular holdem but you must play both hole cards

Why Greek? I don't know.
I keep seeing club on and only found out it means : A raise from a late position with a weak hand when all other players have folded, with the intention of winning the blinds and antes.

Its used as a derogatory term in wsop online to highlight donkey bets or at least bets that beat the best hand on the river.

Hopefully this is your 11 year recall

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's rare to hear something new, but on today's LATB stream: 'flop a set of spades' - suited in the hole and flop a BDFD

So to extend that: 'flop trip spades' - unsuited in the hole and flop a BDFD

Back