Remove this Banner Ad

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
sandbagging - another term for trapping or slow-playing, a deceptive play such as checking or betting weakly with a strong hand, or even check-raising. The opposite of bluffing.

sandbagger - one who engages in sandbagging

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
c-bet - also know as a continuation bet, is when you make a bet on the flop, turn, or river when you were the last one to make a bet or raise on the previous street. Most of the time, a c-bet refers to a bet on the flop made by a pre-flop raiser. You raise pre-flop and get one or more callers. Then on the flop you bet again – no matter if the flop hits you or not. The bet is simply the continuation of the strength you represented pre-flop. It is a bluff of sorts. But, it is a very effective bluff since the same type of bet will be made with a made hand.

DoubleA

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2004
Where Jack Lives.
AFL Club
Richmond
c-bet - also know as a continuation bet, is when you make a bet on the flop, turn, or river when you were the last one to make a bet or raise on the previous street. Most of the time, a c-bet refers to a bet on the flop made by a pre-flop raiser. You raise pre-flop and get one or more callers. Then on the flop you bet again – no matter if the flop hits you or not. The bet is simply the continuation of the strength you represented pre-flop. It is a bluff of sorts. But, it is a very effective bluff since the same type of bet will be made with a made hand.

Love my c-bet online especially short-handed, as I discussed with another bf-er, however obviously in b+m stuff its harder to pull off.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Redbird - a red $5 chip

I don't know if the same terminology applies for all chips eg. greenbird = $25 chip, blackbird = $100 chip.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Get There! - often heard when a player is trying to encourage the poker Gods to offer some assistance on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
aipf - all-in pre-flop (obviously)

I endeavour to report all my future poker sessions with acronyms only.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not a poker term, but might as well go here. This arose in last night's Pot Limit tournament at Crown.

If you are first to voluntarily enter a pot pre-flop, and wish to raise the maximum, that is, bet the pot, your raise will be to 7x the small blind.

eg. with blinds at 100/200, to raise the pot, first you call the for 200, then raise the pot, 200+100+200=500, for a total of 700, or 7x the small blind.

If you wish to re-pot, as I did last night with JJ on the button, your raise will be to 21x the small blind.

eg. with blinds at 100/200, UTG pots to 700. You wake up in the big blind with QQ and wish to re-raise pot, thus you call the 700, then raise the pot, 200+(100+200+200)+700=1400 for a total of 2100, or 21x the small blind.

Pot Limit live can get awfully messy.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It seems like players are more clued up than the dealers. Shannon Elizabeth raised the first hand to 175, and the dealer said 125 was the maximum. She knew what she was doing, the dealer didn't.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
blank set - a set that loses

eg. having an underset, or losing to a straight or flush

I'm a bit sick of blank sets.

Raise pre-flop with KK or 99, flop a set, but on a coordinated board, and by the turn you know you're behind and need to fill up :rolleyes:

dyertribe - When you're leading a 45-seat $60 dollar turbo at the final table and lose 4 straight all-in calls when you're comfortably ahead in each one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back