Pokerstars and Full Tilt Poker news making waves [reports PS has bought FTP]

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
For those who havent seen or completely forgotten about Full Tilt and online poker, GBT (the company that was heavily involved in purchasing Full Tilt Poker and repaying players/re launching etc) pulled out of the deal due to matters that couldnt be resolved.

This would be tragic for the most part however strong rumours circulating that Pokerstars are looking at (if not already sealed the deal) buying FTP and all of its assets.

Pokerstars cant and wont comment on it at all, making a small statement saying because of their issues with DOJ they cant say anything about the 'online rumours' circulating the forums. Daniel Negreaunu has also been uncharactiristicly silent on the matter, making a thin swipe at the issue on a twitter stating 'since it was such a slow news week in poker' in a tweet

Shaun Deeb (well known high stakes MTT player) said the following
I feel bad making a new thread but dont want this info lost elsewhere but cliffs are included my source I trust a lot.

Anyways the deal is already done by what I am told;

Players will be paid within 90 days
FTP will be open in the US market
Isai will be stepping down from the company

If these statements are true I feel that Isai deserves all our thanks+ business in the future with his company he is bailing out the igaming industry's tarnished reputation

The whole story is an evolving mess, but theres a thread on 2p2 NVG about it thats already over 3k replies, so watch this space I guess

Wickerchops Poker is reporting that the deal is done and confirmed for $750 million

Could be great news for those who are owed money by FTP.

Pokerstars know how to run a site right, they have always been the only one I would ever trust my money with and will continue to be in the future.

Would be awesome if this actually happens! The most interesting thing will be what they decide to do as far as rakeback. Will they offer a similar VIP Reward System, full tilt rakeback was terrible. It would be pretty hard to get All of us pokerstars grinders to move to full tilt who are going for SuperNova/SNE.

Would be awesome if this actually happens! The most interesting thing will be what they decide to do as far as rakeback. Will they offer a similar VIP Reward System, full tilt rakeback was terrible. It would be pretty hard to get All of us pokerstars grinders to move to full tilt who are going for SuperNova/SNE.

What?

Full Tilt Rakeback was excellent. 27% Rakeback paid directly into your account every friday. No need to get trapped into some VIP scheme. Was the best thing about FTP.

What?

Full Tilt Rakeback was excellent. 27% Rakeback paid directly into your account every friday. No need to get trapped into some VIP scheme. Was the best thing about FTP.

Depends on how much you grinded

For a big grinder PS was always better, but people underestimated how much you needed to grind to cover the 27% that Full Tilt offered

For me Full Tilt was always worth more, I never grinded enough for the stars VIP system to benefit me

However for SN/SNEs, they get a lot more from PS than they would with 27% rakeback. Hope they still offer rakeback anyway

Don't know where else to put this so might as well throw it here. Thought this was an interesting post from Barry G on some of the Tapie stuff (taken from the pokerroad forums)

Their initial repayment offer was to pay off ROW players if they were able to. (I don't think this information has been released to the public.) They came in looking to freeroll the situation and pay off the players if they made enough money to do so. This bid was rejected and then they came up with proposals to pay off the small balances and the bigger ones if they were able to with profits.

When Tapie's lawyer called me months ago, he told me that a deal was going to be finalized in a few days and they were looking for ways to monetize debts to full tilt. He said this money had no impact on the deal but he proposed a way we could help each other: I could get a discount and easy payment plan on my debt. They would get money for nothing. He even went out of the way to say that there would be no pressure on me because they couldn't legally enforce the collection of a gambling debt. He stressed that it would be a mistake on my part to deal with the DOJ since they could force me to pay the full amount.

I contacted the DOJ, since they were actually the ones who at this point really owned my debt. It was clear that Tapie group was looking for free money from assets but didn't want to pay the debts of FTP.

Once I told Tapie group that I couldn't deal with them if they weren't repaying the players, Tapie's lawyer decided to violate their non-disclosure agreement to embarrass me and some others hoping that they could scare some players into dealing with them. I had to keep quiet and not attempt to expose their deceit because I could hurt the chances of players getting paid. I didn't want to go the route that Phil Ivey did when he found out how badly FTP messed things up. Even to this day there are people who blame him for hurting the chances of a deal.

Tapie group exposed themselves this week when they gave the reasons the deal didn't go through. Nowhere did they claim the the debts from loaned players was the problem as they pretended a few months ago. Obviously, you can say if they were given enough money on the side in any form so that they could avoid losing money if things didn't work out, they would have done the deal. Of course any of us would do the deal if we could get money to pay for it and not have much risk.

link to post http://www.pokerroad.com/forums/225332-post32.html

orsonclapping.gif

zWK3w.gif

Going to do all the reading on it now but this is awesome

lol I wonder how he feels today and what will happen with the pro debts etc

durrrr tweeted this before, will make for interesting reading

Lol at ppl giving the doj the credit for today. I'll do a long interview or blog detailing who to rly thank and some random stuff

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/twitter/?page=3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch The Lederer Files on PokerNews and/or listen to Lederer's interview with the 2+2 Pokercast boys? Interesting stuff, although it was all just one man's viewpoint and hard to know how much was honest truth and how much was him painting a rosy picture.

I dunno if the stuff that went on at FTP was done with questionable intent or was just a case of the lunatics running the asylum.

fired up FT for the first time in a long time today, good to have it back

Went HU in the first tourny I rego'd ($11 4k grnt) but couldnt get the win against a bloke running better than I can remember, finished 2nd for a 700 score which is a nice start

Final tables have no deal feature though, he wanted to give me way more than my equity but we couldnt do it

Just busted another tourny HU. Smaller field this time but around the same score, pretty tilted plus I think the guy ghosted/switched on me. Was a fairly avg player with some pretty obvious tendancies that snap changed after the break. Turned into an aggro with different bet sizing preflop etc and basically crushed me.

Sent an email to tilt asking them to look into it but doubt anything will come of it, but have next to no doubt he switched players on one of the breaks

Sent an email to tilt asking them to look into it but doubt anything will come of it, but have next to no doubt he switched players on one of the breaks
With Stars behind the scenes now one would think you'll get a better response from the customer support people than once was possible on FTP.

Man I haven't played sinse FT was pulled down.

I'm a bit disappointed the loving for the 45 and 18 player multi tables are gone :( That's where I made my money. What's happened there? Are people playing turbo tournies instead or something?

Man I haven't played sinse FT was pulled down.

I'm a bit disappointed the loving for the 45 and 18 player multi tables are gone :( That's where I made my money. What's happened there? Are people playing turbo tournies instead or something?

Majority of the traffic for those games were US players who now cant play online

Majority/all of SnG's died after black friday

Did anyone else claim the free $20 ring game ticket and the $2.50 Mini FTOPS satellite ticket?

Just had to sync your PS account to FT by Sunday just gone

Got my money and my ticket tonight. Gonna go and blow it all and try and get some monies on FT again. FT was the site i used (along with Party Poker) before i gave Poker up for a few years a while back. Can't wait to see my crazy monkey avatar back :D

Did anyone else claim the free $20 ring game ticket and the $2.50 Mini FTOPS satellite ticket? ... Got my money and my ticket tonight.
I'd synched my accounts but had seen nothing as of last night, so wondered what was up. Just checked now and it's there. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back