Polec chooses Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as we disagree (most of the time) ......at least we have a sensible debate
These other numnuts are doing my head in .......really can't follow anything too complicated than ABC
your the numnut, page after page of your whinging drivel, your an embarrassment to yourself and this board

feel free to throw up some ideas of what you would of done this trade period with no draft picks EC,

How can anyone honesty answer that question?

We don't know the price other clubs are willing to pay and can only judge it on our own values scale.

We should have traded MacKay, Vince, Henderson, Lyons and McKernan for a young key forward, a young key defender and a couple if draft picks. However, before you try and shoot me down - that question become null and void as we don't know what other clubs are willing to pay.

Page 236 of this thread you replied "Port get Polec for Pick 34 which is on par with Docherty" you suggested they had to go over due to the crows involvement.

How do you get from the above that i said ...."Docherty is worth 33, no more, no less" ?
it states as it's written ......that if Port get Polec for 34 it is on a par (that means same as) Docherty at 33.

I DID NOT SAY THAT IS DOCHERTY'S WORTH :rolleyes:

I said post my post where i said what you're implying ......so far you've added 1 + 1 and come up with 4 :rolleyes:

You've said that what i posted WOULD SUGGEST i meant something that fits your argument and your context of thoughts .......don't you know how to reprint my post?
Aaaaah so its the BF posters that rate Docherty higher than Polec ....... yep very informed opinion based on the lad sitting in the medical room more often than not ......(shakes head)

I have to start being more selective who i converse with ......just have to

Are you for real, this blows my mind

Tell me wise one, what is Docherty worth then and while you are at it Polec.

Then as you said the Lad in the medical room more often than not, would he be worth anymore than a third round draft pick if he is always in the medical room because of injury, as you dont perform too well when youre not on the park do you?

Sure they wouldnt, remind me what Carlton paid for Doherty. If you read the Brisbane board they rate him higher and better than Polec!
Not too many people wouldn't. You would take Doherty in a heartbeat, but Carlton have paid way under for him, and made out like bandits. Time will tell if the Polec deal is a good or bad one, and honestly, whoever goes for 14 there's a fair chance that it wouldn't be who Port would have taken, so comparisons really are a pissing contest.
We just need to concentrate on improving our own list and make sure we enjoy the success that we're all looking for.
The sanctions we have copped hit really hard, and are way out of whack with both Essendon and Melbourne, but that's the AFL. It is a great game run by idiots.

How can anyone honesty answer that question?

We don't know the price other clubs are willing to pay and can only judge it on our own values scale.

We should have traded MacKay, Vince, Henderson, Lyons and McKernan for a young key forward, a young key defender and a couple if draft picks. However, before you try and shoot me down - that question become null and void as we don't know what other clubs are willing to pay.

all them names were thrown out there this trade period, nooone was willing to offer anything decent or take over their contracts, or in smacks case no interest at all.
Our hands are tied this year. Noone wants our fringe players.
I could understand a lot of complaining in a normal year but this year we just have to take our medicine due the tippet trigg disaster

feel free to correct any spelling mistakes

all them names were thrown out there this trade period, nooone was willing to offer anything decent or take over their contracts, or in smacks case no interest at all.
Our hands are tied this year. Noone wants our fringe players.
I could understand a lot of complaining in a normal year but this year we just have to take our medicine due the tippet trigg disaster

We don't know that at all. We can only suspect other club didn't offer anything decent as that's the information the club has told us and they have a vested interest in keeping fans excited and engaged with future years to buy memberships.

Tippett out for Betts.

Vince out for Pick 23.

And J-Pod in.

I love Betts but we're a long way behind. The only silver lining from the Tippett saga was the salary cap space it would free up. This hasn't eventuated.

Page 236 of this thread you replied "Port get Polec for Pick 34 which is on par with Docherty" you suggested they had to go over due to the crows involvement.

Aaaaah so its the BF posters that rate Docherty higher than Polec ....... yep very informed opinion based on the lad sitting in the medical room more often than not ......(shakes head)

I have to start being more selective who i converse with ......just have to

WW I am happy to support you on McEvoy, who is an ordinary ruckman but is great playing a kick behind the play. In a team that can exert pressure on the opposition and force a quick kick upfield McEvoy looks a champ, but his ruck work isn't much better than Jenkins, which is terrible given Jenkins is far more mobile.
Longer will be heaps better than McEvoy.
But I can't support you here.....Docherty is a gun and whilst he may not ever reach elite status, he is an absolute certainty to be a top level AFL player.
There is no way that you can say the same for Polec. He could be good, and he could be a complete flop. There is no way, given the choice of both, you could choose Polec.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WW I am happy to support you on McEvoy, who is an ordinary ruckman but is great playing a kick behind the play. In a team that can exert pressure on the opposition and force a quick kick upfield McEvoy looks a champ, but his ruck work isn't much better than Jenkins, which is terrible given Jenkins is far more mobile.
Longer will be heaps better than McEvoy.
But I can't support you here.....Docherty is a gun and whilst he may not ever reach elite status, he is an absolute certainty to be a top level AFL player.
There is no way that you can say the same for Polec. He could be good, and he could be a complete flop. There is no way, given the choice of both, you could choose Polec.
At no point have i made statements about who is better between Polec & Docherty

I have commented in their comparative trade picks .....i've commented on the actions & pressures to get a better pick for Polec ........but i have made no comment on Docherty as a player :confused:

I have commented in their comparative trade picks .....i've commented on the actions & pressures to get a better pick for Polec ........but i have made no comment on Docherty as a player :confused:
But you were shaking your head at BF posters who rated Docherty higher then Polec?

I do.

Do you?

So who got screwed, considering the similarities between the Carlton deal and Power Deal, dealing with the same club?

Polec went to Brisbane for effectively 1 pick better than ours. We failed to convince Polec to nominate us. We failed to get Edwards to demand to go to us. We have failed to get one player to use the PSD as a way to get to us.

We failed to get a back up ruck, and as you pointed out, we needed outside run, the two players we failed to get have that.

Now awesome supporter, enjoy watching us win nothing for a long time, but you won't mind.
You still haven't said what we could have realistically achieved with minimal draft picks, I don't need you rehashing the same s**t over and over, I get your point.

I do like how you are getting personal though, you are clearly running out of ideas.:)

Tippett out for Betts.

Vince out for Pick 23.

And J-Pod in.

I love Betts but we're a long way behind. The only silver lining from the Tippett saga was the salary cap space it would free up. This hasn't eventuated.

To offer Danger a long term deal as a free agent in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back