Injury Polec out for 8 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Foot injuries like this are horrible. Club doing the right thing and resting him up now. Could argue that he should have missed the Showdown, but oh well.

So looking to get into Polec's spot at the moment given we dont expect anyone else to be dropped this week
Ollie
Moore
Jarman
Ah Chee

then daylight given the form in the B's
Stewart
Amon
Hoon
O'Shea
Clurey

On Trengove - have been reading through the thread on the Melbourne board about his injury. He played on his foot for the entire season in 2012 and was poor due to having a stress response, then when they finally diagnosed it the injury had become a fracture and he has basically ****ed up his foot.

In short, don't compare Polec to Trengove. We have competent medical staff. This is why we nursed him through the Hawthorn and Adelaide games. It's obvious it's a low grade response if the club thinks they could get him through the season, but that would mean he'd miss preseason for 2016. This way, he gets the rest he needs, trains on the Alter G and does pool running for a couple of weeks and is back in the team.

So looking to get into Polec's spot at the moment given we dont expect anyone else to be dropped this week
Ollie
Moore
Jarman
Ah Chee

Geez it's still a squeeze for our best 22, especially once Ollie returns.

On Trengove - have been reading through the thread on the Melbourne board about his injury. He played on his foot for the entire season in 2012 and was poor due to having a stress response, then when they finally diagnosed it the injury had become a fracture and he has basically stuffed up his foot.

In short, don't compare Polec to Trengove. We have competent medical staff. This is why we nursed him through the Hawthorn and Adelaide games. It's obvious it's a low grade response if the club thinks they could get him through the season, but that would mean he'd miss preseason for 2016. This way, he gets the rest he needs, trains on the Alter G and does pool running for a couple of weeks and is back in the team.

cant blame us for thinking that tho. the word scares the crap out of me when its in the same sentence as our elite players!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-05-06/polec-out-for-at-least-eight-weeks

Port Adelaide will submit paperwork to the AFL to add Polec to its long term injury list this week, no replacement from the club’s rookie list will be made at this stage.

It will be interesting to see what rookie they promote. I suspect it would be Logan or Sam Gray (or just leave it open for Krak).

I wouldn't mind seeing Johann Wagner given a go. When he's lining up for goal we could play Ride Of The Valkyries over the speakers.

Interesting we have continued to play Polly while this has been investigated over the last month.

Hopefully he only has a 'hot spot' rather than a stress fracture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastating news... but with it comes an opportunity (for 1 week anyway) for another player to develop their game at the best* level of football in the country.

I wish Polec a speedy recovery.

*When I say best... its probably second best after a PAFC internal trial of 44 superstars fighting till the death to make the starting 22.

polec injury getting a run in the qantas club news reel.

We've finally made it to the big time.

Was sole sports news on JJJ as well.

port Adelaide the only team to make it outside of SA.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...ed-polec-to-heal/story-fndv8s6g-1227342084101
Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says the club will wait as long as it takes for Jared Polec to heal
PORT Adelaide will take no risks with Jared Polec and call on medical contacts from around the world as he seeks to recover from a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot.

At the top of the club’s list of priorities is to stop the injury becoming a one or a two-year setback.
Hinkley, speaking ahead of the Power’s training at Adelaide Oval this morning, said the club had initially thought it could manage Polec’s injury.
But it had become persistent and showed little sign of healing.
``We thought it was more of a management one (issue) that would come good with time,’’ Hinkley said. ``But with the investigation that we’ve now done, clearly, which we’ve really diligent on, it was the long-term future with `Polly’ that we looked after the most.
More..........
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...ed-polec-to-heal/story-fndv8s6g-1227342084101

Ollie
Moore
Jarman
Ah Chee

Stewart
Amon
Hoon
O'Shea
Clurey
Not bad is it :)

https://www.facebook.com/1914999208...499920865354/1079759788706025/?type=1&theater

"Polec at training today doing a boxing session as he joins the long-term injury list."

11209624_1079759788706025_7784320185396683358_n.jpg

Ollie
Moore
Jarman
Ah Chee

Stewart
Amon
Hoon
O'Shea
Clurey
Amon would be much closer than that.

Amon would be much closer than that.
Not based on SANFL form.

He was named in the squad along with Jarman, Ah Che and O'Shea. But if Ollie and Moore were available he and O'Shea wouldnt be in the squad. Stewart had played better footy than him in the SANFL before Tommy Logan knocked out Stewart in the first quarter against Norwood. The last 2 games the Maggies have played woeful footy. That's why I put daylight in. There have been some very un AFL quality footy played by Maggies top players the last 2 games - Amon included.

Not based on SANFL form.

He was named in the squad along with Jarman, Ah Che and O'Shea. But if Ollie and Moore were available he and O'Shea wouldnt be in the squad. Stewart had played better footy than him in the SANFL before Tommy Logan knocked out Stewart in the first quarter against Norwood. The last 2 games the Maggies have played woeful footy. That's why I put daylight in. There have been some very un AFL quality footy played by Maggies top players the last 2 games - Amon included.

Fairly sure Amon was in the best players in his last SANFL game 2 weeks ago. He was left out last week to be the standby emergency for the Crows game. I think he started slow but has improved since that first game.

Fairly sure Amon was in the best players in his last SANFL game 2 weeks ago. He was left out last week to be the standby emergency for the Crows game. I think he started slow but has improved since that first game.
But making the Port best especially say 3rd to 6th hasnt been that great an achievement the last 2 weeks. If the coaches at the club reckons he is close then so be it but I cant see him jumping ahead of Jarman or Ah Chee this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back